“Hometown tourists loved the tour!!!”
Review of Market Ghost Tours

Market Ghost Tours
Ranked #47 of 150 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Pike Place Market, Market Ghost Tours offers private tour in the Pike Place Market and seasonal Halloween tours. The skeptic and believer can enjoy this exterior walking tour of Pike Place Market because it is rooted in history. Leave the high heels at home because some of the streets are cobblestones. We encourage you to bring your cameras to try and capture phenomena and also to take some beautiful pictures of the neon and theatrical architecture in the Market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Kenmore, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hometown tourists loved the tour!!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We are hometown tourists who were looking for a fun Saturday night adventure. Departing from the standard "dinner and a movie", we booked the Ghost Tour and had our 14 year old daughter actually thrilled with the idea!!! Who knew? The tour was extremely fun! It appealed to my engineer husband who loved the historical facts, my 14 year old who loved the thrill of the mention of ghosts, and me, the extrovert, who loves new and exciting adventures! Our tour guide was Jim, and he was exceptional! Full of facts, a bit of theatrics, and just a bit of terror, and he had us all hooked! There was a bit of chill in the air, but it just added to the ambiance. It was a lovely walk through Seattle, and the history that we learned about our beloved city will be with us for a long time. We encourage our fellow Seattlites to go on this tour, and yes, it will be on our list of "must sees" for our guests!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank tanglehome
Mercedes C, Owner at Market Ghost Tours, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for coming down and taking the tour. Jim truly appreciated that you mentioned him in this review. We are looking forward to a great summer and seeing you again in the future.

Dallas, Texas, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good stories about an area rich with history!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friends and I decided to go on the Pike Market Ghost tour during our time in Seattle. I liked this tour but it wasn’t really my cup of tea. I prefer more facts than fiction. However, I did learn a lot about the area and it was interesting. I just could have done without the theatrics. Our guide was great and put on a good show. That being said, I think this would be a good tour for kids and people who are spooked easily!

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent tour, very interesting, great guides.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went on the 7pm market ghost tour of pike place market and luckily for us we were the only two on that tour. Our guide Jim was very friendly and an excellent tour guide who is a great storyteller and he really made the tour what it was. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Ps as the name suggests they also do coffee and it was great coffee.

1 Thank Jimmy_p_kay_
Lebanon, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“First time ghost tour”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife found a book called Seattle's Market Ghost Stories by Mercedes Yaeger. The book is very cool. We love history , especially from our hometown area, We have lived in Tennessee for the past 20 years but came back for the holidays. Jim was our guide this evening and he was fantastic. He was very insightfull and knowledgeable. He told great stories and made you feel right at home. He gave a very good account of the Butterworh Mortuary and the history of Seattle. Especially the serial killers of the area. The obvious ones(Ted Bundy and Gary Ridgeway) but also Dr. Hazzard, the fasting Dr. I hope he gets the mortuary tours together for when we come back to visit again. I would be more than willing to spend the night there. Overall, great time was had. We saw things and learned things we never new growing up in the Seattle area. We will be abck.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank gkw123
West Palm Beach, Florida
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Ghastly Good Time!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We joined up on the Market Ghost Tour in August and had an EPIC time! Jim was so cool, knowledgeable, and friendly. Not only was the tour interesting on a spectral scale, but there was also a ton of historical information that we both previously had no idea about. We decided to go back in November for the same tour again. Jim was also our guide for the second time around and we learned even more new facts. We still have never experienced a haunting, but have always had a great time. We'll return again soon. Can't wait till April when they open up the tour of the upstairs of Kells and we can check out Seattle's most truly haunted location! Thanks Jim!

Visited November 2012