“Great time with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Market Ghost Tours

Market Ghost Tours
Ranked #46 of 147 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Pike Place Market, Market Ghost Tours offers private tour in the Pike Place Market and seasonal Halloween tours. The skeptic and believer can enjoy this exterior walking tour of Pike Place Market because it is rooted in history. Leave the high heels at home because some of the streets are cobblestones. We encourage you to bring your cameras to try and capture phenomena and also to take some beautiful pictures of the neon and theatrical architecture in the Market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Maple Valley, Washington
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great time with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Jim was a great tour guide. The walk was not too bad just one up hill. Good stories. We want to go back for the Mortuary tour.

Visited October 2012

Honolulu, Hawaii
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Ghostly Good Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Before departing on a cruise we spent a night in Seattle. One of my must do's was this tour. We really enjoyed everything about it. Initially we were going to take the market tour but after reading about the Haunted Chapel tour, I booked that as well. Our tour guide, Jim, was great! He looked and dressed the part and he had a great grasp on the history of Seattle the ties into the potential hauntings. He gave us a quick history lesson on Seattle and some of it's more notorious citizens before heading down to the Butterworth Building which was once the home of a mortuary. Need I say more? It currently houses a very lively Irish Pub called Kells.

Once we arrived at the location he took us upstairs to what had once been a chapel of the mortuary where he told us the history of all the failed eateries that tried to operate in that location as well as the history of the mortuary's operation. After that we spent about an hour and half walking around with some EMF detectors, recorders and cameras. None of us ever heard anything but a few of us got some very strange photos which I will add to this review.

All in all we had a great time. Having seen this location on an episode of Ghost Adventures it was quite fun to be inside. It would have been better to be in there when the pub was closed because it was rather noisy but none the less it was a good time. Learning about the darker history of Seattle was fun as well.

We ended up skipping on the Market tour as we were both pretty tired from the day.

Visited September 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just finished the late night ghost your with Jim, and it was wonderful. We happened to be the only two people that showed up and Jim was amazingly courteous and incredibly informative. We felt like we were getting a special tour! We liked it so much that we are planning to go back soon and do the tour of the mortuary.

1 Thank Pandagirl0115
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We found a groupon so we decided to try it out. My wife and I have lived here for 14 years. Well Kook was our tourguide and she was colorfull in every way her storys were crazy and interesting.. listening to all the crazy spooky stories. It was right before the market closed so there wasn't much interference from other people. We went to different places through Pike Place and the alley too. There is a lot of walking and several flights of stairs BUT I had an injured leg and it was difficult but I was able to keep up. One funny story she was talking about the most haunted place and it is where restraunts went to die. She went through the story and told all the different happenings and when we entered the bottom floor it just happened to be the first place that we ever went to drink in Seattle ...creepy!! You need to take this tour !!!

1 Thank shellback89
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Kook was the tour guide on my ghost tour. I immediately loved how she engaged everyone, including myself. She was very warm and truly inviting. I even had an experience on our tour, and after telling Kook of my experience she was able to validate my experience with others having the same as I did! Overall, this woman knows her history and you can tell she absolutely LOVES Seattle history as well. Not only did I enjoy myself, I did so much I am even thinking of going on a private investigation with her in the future! I highly recommend going on a tour with Kook, even if you are a non-believer. Kook definitely has a way with people and can make anyone comfortable.

Visited August 2012