“Dim Sum”
Review of O'Asian Kitchen - CLOSED

O'Asian Kitchen
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Avenue / 5th Avenue & Marion Street / Columbia Street
Charleston, South Carolina
“Dim Sum”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had never tried Dim Sum service before, so we went on a Sunday afternoon as recommended by our concierge. The service was actually too good! We sat down, and immediately they brought over the first cart, and this was subsequently followed by several more. It was a little frenetic, but we enjoyed the experience and everything we tried was wonderful! Yes, one of the servers did not speak English very well, however, most of the diners and families in the restaurant weren't speaking English either. "We'll see you next week" was heard several times as families left. Our water glasses were never left half full, and the manager came over to make sure we enjoyed everything. Overall, it was a great experience!

• Visited March 2013

Marysville, Washington
“Horrible service & food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went to the O'Asian Kitchen for dinner and we should have known something was not right when we walked in and the restaurant was almost empty on a Saturday night at 7 pm...but we decided to try it based on the recommendation from our conceirge. We ordered our food and my husband got his promptly but mine took 15 more minutes to come out! I think they forgot about my order. I told the waiter (which could barely speak English) I was very disappointed that our meals didn't come out together, he said, "very soon, very soon". When I did get it the meal was TERRIBLE. I ordered Pad Thai and it had a horrible aroma and the noodles tasted REALLY funky! When I told the waiter that I didn't care for the meal he just said, okay sorry and took it away. Nothing was done to accomodate our wait on my meal and that I didn't like it. They brought us the full bill. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone! Don't go there....!

• Visited February 2013
British Columbia
“HOT SOUP”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

On a cold wet winter evening this restaurant is just the place to stop. The hot and sour soup and the wonton soup were both delicious. The service is welcoming and quick.
The menu is quite extensive and there are plenty of small plates and dim sum to tempt you - anytime of day or night. we ordered the peking duck (half) and it was very good except that instead of the traditional pancakes you get small steamed buns that are not as good for making a tasty duck roll up. apart from that, it is a welcoming place on a cold winter night and the hot tea and soup would really be quite sufficient.

Visited January 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Definitely a superior Chinese restaurant!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Some places just seem tired, but not O'Asian Kitchen! You like sitting in this restaurant - comfortable, a expansive, open decor with great lines and colors that work. Of course, the food is outstanding and this is definitely a place you'll be pleased with. Only improvement - some of the serving staff don't seem to understand English very well. Thus, you don't get a sense of what they might think is the best dishes. They just offer everything and you try it!

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty good food, lukewarm service”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The interior of the restaurant was beautiful, and for an early dinner the place was not crowded at all but the service still felt rushed and not totally welcome.

Visited June 2012