“One nice water feature surrounded by creepy.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Freeway Park

Freeway Park
Ranked #163 of 438 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: A local park close to the freeway that offers live concerts during the summer.
Anaheim
“One nice water feature surrounded by creepy.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by this park on a nice bright sunny afternoon, and I can't describe how glad I am that we didn't go at night. There were homeless people, scary looking people, and someone (gender indistinguishable) just standing there with a totally creepy mask on not moving. They just stood there the whole time. There was this cool waterfall thing but we couldn't find a stroller friendly way to go look at it so we had to carry the stroller down a few flights of steps. There were some nice tables and chairs but there really wasn't much else to see and I had no desire to sick around. I left just being glad I didn't get mugged.

Visited June 2013

Camas, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“City Central for Dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco with our dogs and easily walked to this great little park. The paths meander through lovely landscaped plants and lawn. All well maintained. If you are at the convention center it is right outside the doors. I'm sure it would be gloomy on a very rainy day but seems like it'd be a wonderful respite on most days. There is a great little coffeehouse called Vox nearby with outdoor seating - well covered for rainy days.

Auburn, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“City respite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Being right in the middle of the city, Freeway Park can be a respite from the rush. It's right by the convention center, which comes in handy. Great place for a picnic lunch or walking the dog. Beautiful gardens.

Visited December 2012
Champaign, Illinois, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A little gloomy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I went to this park while it was raining. It is not exactly ideal for cloudy or gloomy weathers. The concrete slab by itself is already dark in color, although it has interesting form, the overall atmosphere is rather sad and somewhat scary. But I did enjoy the park's design.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Chang D
Bellingham, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Cool, urban park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We travel to Seattle a few times a year for overnight stays, and I haven't ever spent much time at Freeway Park until this time. It's a really cool spot in the middle of downtown (and RIGHT next to the freeway). It's really well maintained and clean, and provides a nice place to walk your dog or hang outside for lunch.

Visited November 2012