“Creative Seattle”

Ranked #53 of 461 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The statue of Lenin on the corner should clue you in to the fact that everything about this neighborhood is alternative. Vegetarian cafes, eclectic shops, coffee houses, bookstores and street artists abound.
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Seattle is an amazingly creative place and it seems to come whole circle in Fremont. Visit the Troll, Gasworks Park and go for a coffee and look at the zany characters Seattle is rich.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I've lived in WA my whole life and I had seen pictures of the troll and heard about him but never had I seen him. So I went and explored Fremont with my boyfriend and we found the troll. It was very cool and we got good pictures, but the nearby construction was disappointing and distracting.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Recession was hard on Fremontsters, but the current crop of new food spots arriving really enhance those that survived the rough spots! Eat, shop and play(aka drink) your way through this little universe! El Camino, you are always my first love (at least the Bistec, tortilla soup, beet salad, fish tacos, little carnitas, guacamole and plantains, flan, cake and MARGUERITAS).

Reviewed March 19, 2012

One of the best pieces of public art I've seen ever. Yeah, I'd rank it up there with the LOVE sculpture in Philly and the bull market bull in Manhattan.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

A city population and culture unto itself. Some of the best restaurants west of Ballard and north of Downtown Seattle.