Ways to Experience Discovery Park
from $148.00
from $169.00
from $89.00
More Info
All reviews the loop light house visitor center puget sound great trails military base hiking trails beach trail low tide olympic mountains beautiful scenery nice walk sunny day mount rainier seattle area lighthouse hike
Reviewed 5 days ago

Many trails both through the woods and along the shore. The views of Puget Sound and the snow capped Olympic Mountains are spectacular. We were there on a beautiful clear Saturday in November. While there were a lot of people there, it did not feel crowded. A truly remarkable place and, being within Seattle, it is very accessible.

Reviewed 5 days ago

We had a great morning exploring this area and the trails. Found some small pieces of sea glad at the beach. Great service provided by a shuttle from the beach back to the visitors center. Beautiful vistas and great trails.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The park is big.

If you decide to park legally, you’re going to have to walk a ways before getting to the lighthouse, which is nice for some people.

There are sports areas near the entrance where you can play frisbee, etc.

The lighthouse at the end feels like a time machine. It’s almost like you get warped back to before the time Seattle was a giant tech city... I found it spectacular and wish I could live there and not in Seattle.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

After picking up lunch and coffee from the nearby Metropolitan grocery store (5 stars) we headed out to the park for a casual stroll and to stretch our legs after a long morning of traveling before heading to the airport. (It is not near the airport, however.) The park has paved trails, some of which have a nice incline, beautiful scenery, and opens up onto the Puget Sound, where we paused and sat on a log for a while, just taking in the sights. I was envious of all the runners I saw who get to use this park daily! This must be a great place to bring visitors or take your family. I think we spent an hour there walking, but we did a lot of stopping and talking to locals, especially those with dogs, all of whom were super friendly!

3  Thank TampaCoast
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Anyone looking for a very long walk along the pleasant nature can definitely visit here and just enjoy the view.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

This place is so big with a very long trail (Discovery Park Loop Trail) going through the forest. There was one set of stairs pretty far in. Over all it amazing.. the views are spectacular!

Reviewed September 25, 2018

We took the north shore trail. I would recommend getting a map just to help find your way. The trails are mostly easy, but there the north shore trail has some stairs. I don't think this trail is wheelchair accessible and even bikes will have trouble. The trail is very pretty with lots of shade and is well-marked. From the north parking lot, you can make your way to the lighthouse. I think tour buses can drive to the lighthouse, but I only saw one. In September, there were no crowds. We saw only one person on our trail, and he was lost, we gave him our map, and he found his way (pretty sure). If I were a local, I'd be in this park quite a bit. There are restrooms throughout, but take water in the warmer months.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Getting right outside of the city, you will find so much beauty and it's so peaceful. Just love this whole area.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Took the bus from downtown to Discovery Park. Got to see some of the neighborhoods north of Seattle proper. Inexpensive and also took bus back. The park is quite nice and relaxing.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Got seniors pass from office so we could take car down to tip of land but the light house. Great views of the bay and craft coming in

1  Thank 116flowergirl