“My 2 hour freedom walk with my dog!”
Review of Discovery Park

Discovery Park
Book In Advance
$84.00*
Seattle Shore Excursion: Pre-Cruise Sightseeing City Tour
$136.00*
and up
Seattle in One Day: Sightseeing Tour including Space Needle and Pike Place...
$158.00*
Seattle Combo Tour: City Tour, Pike Place Market and Boeing Factory
Ranked #20 of 450 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: You can get lost happily among the thickets, nature trails, beaches and bluffs of this 534-acre park.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My 2 hour freedom walk with my dog!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just me and my dog on a Thursday hiking through the critter and human trails. Start in the south upper parking lot and weave through the east half of the trails but watch your step on the new planted pines. Head downward to the Discovery Center and then switchback up the East side of Discovery Park to the old Fort Lawton buildings. Lots of great trails and hidden areas where my dog and I can roam free of her leash. A hidden pond with a pair of ducks and she can get a drink and then back to the north side of the park towards Daybreak Center. We head back to the car while hiking through the forest but did not make it down to the lighthouse....maybe next time.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank wrigglee206

• Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beauty for the Beholder”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

When the sun is out there's no more beautiful spot to spend the day. Great for picnics, senic walks, watching the wildlife and letting life slow down a little.

Visited April 2011
Fairfax, VA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful park with great views of the Olympic mountains!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I explored this park with my dog and camera on a beautiful weekday. We did the ~3 mi. loop trail. I had hoped to go down along the beach trails but dogs are not allowed. As we neared the coastline, the mountains popped out of nowhere. They were gorgeous and I could have sat studying them all day. It's pretty amazing how diverse the landscape of that park is--meadows, water, beach, forest. My next favorite area was the forest whose floor was covered with ferns and whose trees were blanketed with moss. It was really beautiful to walk through. The trails were nicely maintained and we saw a larger number of people and dogs for a weekday than I expected (although it was a nice day in February so I can't blame them). I plan to go back for some trail runs when it warms up a bit. I also plan to take some family and friends there to visit as the trails weren't difficult and provided spectacular views. Also, the park is free and beautifully maintained which are also pluses. I saw some posters for naturalist walks and classes they hold there which also looked intriguing.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank VAflyaway44
Redmond, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The North Pacific Landscape”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

A walk on the beach across a wonderful natural spot!
It is becoming quite crowded but you can find an isolate place.

Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Discovery Park”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Amazingly beautiful park on a SUNNY day. Everything is better in Seattle in the sun. Take a few hours and spend a relaxing afternoon walking the trails and to the beach.