“Had a great time!”

and up
Small-Group Olympic National Park Tour from Seattle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Evergreen Escapes blends the best natural wonders, boutique wineries, and urban enchantments into small group day tours and custom, multi-day escapes from Seattle. Marvel at Mt. Rainier’s peaks and waterfalls, explore the azure lakes and mossy forests of the Olympic Peninsula, witness an ecosystem in rebirth at Mt. St. Helens, taste Washington’s finest boutique wines in Woodinville, kayak through placid waterways of the San Juan Islands, or feel the spray of the powerful Snoqualmie Falls. With a maximum group size of 10 participants and the option to plan a private, custom tour, you’re ensured a personalized and authentic experience led by an expert naturalist. All of our tours include fresh local food, all entry fees, transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Vans, and pick-up/drop-off from Downtown Seattle hotels – everything you need to have a meaningful, memorable, and fun experience in Washington’s most amazing places!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kirkland, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Had a great time!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We did the Mt. Rainier snowshoe trip and really enjoyed it. The weather wasn't the best that day, but our guide, Shawna, still made sure we all had fun. She was very personable and told us a lot of interesting facts about the area that many of us who have lived here for a long time did not know. Included in the trip was snacks, coffee/tea, and lunch. I think we were all expecting a boxed type lunch....definitely not the case with this company! Our lunch was a family style gourmet lunch, complete with wine. They also made accomodations for people with dietary restrictions. I would have liked more time for the actual snowshoeing part of it, but it was still well worth it. I was very impressed with both the company and with our guide, and I'm already looking into other trips the company offers!

Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

EscapeArtistNW, Owner at Evergreen Escapes, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for the 5-star review! You are right, Shawna is fantastic! Yeah, the rumor is that it rains a lot in Seattle, but if you spend anytime here, you realize that is just how we keep people from moving here. However, it sounds like you explored Mt. Rainier on one of those rare cloudy days... :) Well, since we cannot predict the weather, we do feel that we do have control over a few things... Therefore, we do our best to focus on making sure the entire experience is well thought out and well executed. After all, it's the little things that we hope make the difference. We are glad that you had a such a good time! Welcome to the Escape Society, we look forward to exploring with you again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Shawna made this trip more awesome!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I've traveled quite a bit. And to some of those places, i've hired tour guides for certain outings. I've had some good ones, really good ones and some where I couldn't wait for the tour guide to take me back. Shawna fell in the category of really good! My wife and I went on the Full Day Mt. Rainier Snowshoeing trip. From the minute we booked with them, we had no clue with any planning for this trip. I've called them multiple times and they've helped me with all of my questions and concerns. On top of that, they accommodated to my wife's and my special dairy free/glutten free diet! To top it off Evergreen Escapes was willing to pick me and my wife up at Kent Washington (30 miles south of Downtown Seattle) after knowing that we lived there! Shawna picked us up on time and the adventure only got better from there! You can easily tell of Shawna's passion with nature and life here in the great northwest! Her vast knowledge of Washington State drew us (even all the Washingtonians) all in and excited to learn about Mt. Rainier and it's natural affects around it! Shawna was very nice and knew how to get a group to talk with each other with her critical thinking methods! It sure made the ride so much faster! And when we got to the mountain, she got us snowshoeing in no time! Very helpful about teaching us how to put on snow shoes and to how to walk in them! The venture ended with an awesome lunch at Paradise Park Visitor Center where Evergreen Escapes prepared a delicious gourmet with wine:) The whole experience with this company was awesome! A definite must!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JudeErum
“Kudos to Shawna”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just returned from the Mt. Rainier snowshoe day trip and had a really great experience. I think this type of experience is make or break depending on your guide, and Shawna was fantastic. Super friendly and welcoming, accommodating and informative. I felt like we could ask any questions and she was very open to tailoring the experience based on the group consensus. The snowshoeing experience itself was awesome and the trip back and forth to Seattle comfortable. Plus, the coffee, scones and lovely lunch with wine were very appreciated touches that went above and beyond. Thank you Shawna and EverGreen Escapes for a Saturday very well spent!!

Visited April 2014
Thank you for the 5-Star review, it is very much appreciated. Yes, we agree, the guides make all of the difference and that is why we go to great lengths to make sure we hire the best of the best. We call them Escape Artists and not only are they true professionals but also experts in their field, they are personable, understand guest service and often have that wonderful x-factor that people just seem to gravitate to. We are glad you liked the Washington wine, the safari style lunch, etc. And how about that mountain?!?

Let's Escape...
Jake
Kirkland, Washington
“Evergreen escapes snowshoeing at Mt Ranier”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently did a snowshoeing trip along with another couple. I have to say, this trip exceeded my expectations in just about every way.

Our host was Shauna, who is was just great and really made us feel comfortable and was great all day, going out of her way in several ways to make our experience great.

Basically you'll get picked up in downtown seattle,and evergreen uses really nice Mercedes vans. Very comfy complete with hot drinks and snacks.

It's a ways down to the mountain and for us it was basically a blizzard up there, which was sort of fun. Make sure you bring lots if clothing options as it's hard to tell what the weather will bring. I didn't have boots and snowshoed in running shoes and snow pants. No problem...but bring good gloves!

After snowshoeing we had a really wonderful gourmet family style lunch complete with wine. Very impressed!

The other plus is we met a bunch of like minded outdoorsy peeps. Good group.

My only complaint is that I would have liked a little more direct drive down there so we could do a bit more time snowshoeing if we'd like to. But overall it was great.

Seattle, Washington
“5 Star Service and Local Knowledge”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I came to EverGreen Escapes with an unusual trip request: An unforgettable one day adventure for my wife's 40th bday. Their service and attention to detail was impeccable and personal! I'm still smiling from an amazing day of memorable dining, a custom seaplane tour on a beautiful spring Seattle day, a spa experience for two and a birthday cake to die for. A superb experience and I wouldn't hesitate to join EverGreen Escapes for regional outdoors travel.

Visited March 2014