“Very accomodating, good food, good value.”
Review of Chef Liao

Chef Liao
Ranked #1,060 of 4,134 Restaurants in Seattle
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Columbus, Ohio
“Very accomodating, good food, good value.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Went there for the second time with a large group. Ordered a variety of good, some plain, some spicy, variety of meat dishes, some vegetarian dishes. Food was very good, tasty, attractively presented.

Service was very good, even with the large group. Nothing bad too say about the restaurant, maybe nothing truly outstanding, either. But largely a good value.

• Visited September 2012

North Wildwood, New Jersey
“Large portions: 5 dishes can serve 8 people”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Had dinner with some friends here -- as we entered the owner greeted them by name. Portions were big enough so that 5 dishes were sufficient for 8 people, with some leftovers. DIshes I can recommend include the honey walnut prawns and the orange chicken.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank movieglue
Seattle, Washington
“So glad we found a great Chinese place in our neighborhood!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We've eaten in once and ever since have been lazy bums, ordering delivery. It's in the neighborhood and therefore really close, but on nights like tonight (no energy, it's raining outside, insert-any-excuse-here...) the fact that Chef Liao offers delivery is a major bonus.

First time, I tried the Lemon Chicken and hubs ordered the Mo Shu Chicken; we split an order of Hot & Sour Soup. While the flavor of my lemon chicken was great, it was breaded and fried and all my workout efforts for the week were for naught due to the nutritional overload of my dish. Hubs really enjoyed his Mo Shu, to the point that it is the only dish he orders from here. The soup was phenomenal, but a huge portion. If you're just one person plan on leftovers for at least 3 days, minimum. Nicely spicy and really good.

Next time, I channeled Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally and became, sigh, one of THOSE people. The ones who order this but hold that, and can I have that other thing on the side? And can you substitute this for that? Okay, not that bad but when we placed our delivery order I asked if they could make the lemon chicken not breaded and not fried. No problem, they responded. WOO HOO! My delivery lemon chicken was absolutely delicious but healthier for me sans breading/frying.

Tonight, I decided to branch out and ordered the Orange Chicken, same deal: no breading, no frying please, medium spicy. Perfection. These guys are fantastic. The portions are good-sized, and we generally end up with leftovers for breakfast the next day.

We are so glad we found a great Chinese place in our neighborhood! You should try them soon.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank thetripchick

Been to Chef Liao? Share your experiences!