“Great Capitol Hill ambiance, delicious comfort food for bunch”
Review of Oddfellows Cafe

Oddfellows Cafe
Ranked #157 of 4,199 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, European, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Description: Oddfellows is an all-day all-night cafe and bar that serves simple fresh food influenced by peasant French and Italian dishes and served without pretense. Oddfellows is a large welcoming space that has kindly been referred to as "the Pike/Pine corridor's living room."
Reviewed February 1, 2013

There are only a few places in this part of Capitol Hill where you can get a good brunch, but that doesn't mean the Oddfellows staff don't put effort into it. First of all, as an early morning person, I loved this place for opening at 8:00 daily, an hour before the kitchen opens, but early enough to enjoy a pastry and coffee while you wait. And it's worth the wait. I had the scramble with ham and gruyere with a biscuit and jam and it was so good, I came again and had the same thing for good measure!

I did find the process a little confusing the first time I went, which is to order at the counter, then find a place to sit. But this wasn't weird after the first time, and in fact, helps to move things along, because a place as good as this is constantly packed (but only after 10:30 or so). So go ahead and order your coffee and find a place (don't panic about ordering at the counter: you can order again from the menu, which a waiter will give you almost as soon as you sit), or order everything at once at the counter. But definitely make the time to enjoy the wonderful atmosphere at Oddfellows--named, incidentally, because it is located in the historic Odd Fellows (masonic) Hall, built in 1908.

There are newer reviews for Oddfellows Cafe

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have to laugh at a fellow reviewer who called the atmosphere "damp" in a posititve Seattle way. Pretty funny. I have lived here for nearly two years and have spent most of my dining money on breakfast. This place was great. Met a good friend for breakfast on a Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. and we had no problem getting a table. The coffee was tasty and our cups were kept full. The biscuits are amazingly good; I can never stay away when I see biscuits on the menu. I can also never stay away when I see beignets on the menu, and these are among the best I've had. My husband had the french toast - wow, the bread slices were so thick but not soggy.
This is a really casual place. It gets loud and buzzes, but in a good way. Can't wait to come back. It is worth it. On a side note, I was really disappointed with the state of Capital Hill. It was really dirty. Is is always like that? It won't keep me away though. If you are visiting, you can stop at Elliott Bay book store. Huge inventory, though sadly (in my opinion), not as enchanting as the old store in Pioneer Square.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My sisters and I had a delicious breakfast. I ordered the biscuit with scrambled egg and cheese. It came with a side of greens with basaltic vinaigrette dressing. The biscuit was dense yet crumbly like a good biscuit. The eggs were perfect. It was a good sized breakfast. My sister got a biscuit with jam. The orange marmalade was sweet and a perfect compliment to the biscuit. The atmosphere was very good. The service was good and the food was delivered quickly.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Brunch here is fantastic, and if possible I would eat here every day. Order at the counter, then get an assigned number for your table. The line was long, but don't be intimidated. It moves quickly and the space is large and efficiently run.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Best fish with sauce!!! The waiters nice and fast, the local fascinating. Would like to return immediately...