“Get yourself to the Barrio Happy Hour!”

Barrio Mexican Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Barrio Mexican Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #277 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Cross street: Madison or Pike
Description: Barrio is a restaurant that combines Mexican cuisine with innovative craft cocktails in an energetic urban environment.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Husband & I dropped by just a few minutes before the end of Happy Hour (6pm), but our server let us order off the very long Happy Hour menu, so we ordered several dishes: beans & cheese, guacamole, rockfish ceviche + drink special, churros with chocolate sauce. It was all very tasty, and portions were large for Happy Hour, all with the added bonus of happy hour prices. We went on a random Wednesday evening, but it was full of people and music and hopping! We don't usually like loud restaurants, but we sat next to one of the open-air windows/walls, so we were comfortable.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I've been using this place as a happy hour spot for planning meetings. I love their nachos (you can add different meats or even mushrooms but I like them best without the additions- they make them a little soggy) because they use think corn chips and all of the cheese is melted and bubbly with lots of guacamole, jalapenos and diced tomatoes. I also love their beet tacos, kale (or asparagus for this season) and mushroom enchiladas. The bean dip wasn't my favorite and the margaritas got smaller in the last 2 months. I was also here about a year ago after purchasing a $500 dinner for 6 at an auction. They served a multi-course meal with drink pairings and were super accommodating to those in my party with food issues (no dairy or eggs) and the one who doesn't drink alcohol.
There is a small outdoor eating area but they have huge windows that pull up so it's almost like being outside.
One thing that I would change is their chairs at the tables and the bar are so heavy it's hard to pull myself in to the eating surface. But that will never keep me from going here.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I went here for dinner and it was great. The bar area is very comfortable and the bartenders were great and knowledgeable. A couple of our friends got there and we easily got a table by the windows. Our waiter could have been more attentive but I will say that it was quite busy in there. I'd definitely go back! ! I'd recommend the salsa bar and the Agua fresca/vodka drink!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went to dinner there to celebrate a graduation. We were a party of five and had great seating at a round, private booth in the back. We loved it. The overall restaurant is quite loud, but only added to the 'celebration' for us. Might want to pick a different place if you are looking for a quiet dinner for two. The food was wonderful, great flavor sand truly gourmet Mexican cuisine. Great margarita selection ( as it should be). Ambience is very cool with an entire wall of candles. Service was friendly and excellent. You won't be disappointed if you like good food and a lively atmosphere!

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here on a whim before heading to airport. The food and drinks were amazing, like crazy good! I had the chicken burrito with salsa verde. I wanted to lick the plate. My husband had a steak and a chicken taco which he said was fantastic. I also will try to recreate their chilcano cocktail - pisco and ginger beer rocks!