“check out the octopus”

Ranked #63 of 468 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The heartbeat of hands-on marine experience and preservation education in the Pacific Northwest, the Seattle Aquarium offers fun, exciting ways to discover more about the amazing Puget Sound that surrounds you! Join us in our mission: Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment.
Reviewed February 3, 2010

my husband was in seattle for work, so this was a great sight to see while he was busy. i used the city pass & walked through the aquarium in about an 1 - 1 1/2 hours. they have lots for kids to do & see. they have 1:30 fish feeding inside a glass dome so you can see all the fish & hear the diver explain all about the fish! they also have an area for the puget sound fish to still be in their element!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)
All reviews
in 104 reviews
"couple of hours"
in 53 reviews

Reviewed November 28, 2009

The Seattle Aquarium has no validated parking. Republic Parking (in the garage) had a guy say parking was $1.00 with validation. Come to find out when it was paying time that it was -$1.00 for members only. Parking was $9.00 per car (I had two) for 1.5 hours. Ridiculous! I spent $16 per ticket x 3 adults = $48 + 10.50 (kid) = 58.50 + 18.00 = 76.50 for a few exhibits. I am a Seattleite and was at the aquarium about 4 years ago before the renovation. It had more exhibits and interesting fish then. Now, I see two buildings with fish and a bunch of busy stuff on the side. I don't know if I'll ever return again. The few exhibits for the price was bad enough; the parking sealed the fate. I'm not sure if I would be disappointed if the darn thing just closed down.

9  Thank Christina N
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We've been to the aquariums in Atlanta and Monterey. In comparison, this was disappointing and not a good value. It's not that this is bad. Rather, it's simply not good enough to justify the price.

3  Thank striderchris
Reviewed October 20, 2009

The Seattle Aquarium was a great place to take my young children (five and two). The first thing we encountered after entering was a scuba diver in a huge tank feeding fish and small sharks, my children were riveted as he talked about the different fish and their feeding habits. There is a great hands on section where you can touch various sea creatures and the kiddos even got to feed the sea stars. There is an interesting tide pool recreation that most of the adults were entranced by. The staff were polite and knowledgable. There are also the requisite water birds and sea mammals. A very fun time.