“Not sure it's worth what it costs to go there”
Review of Seattle Aquarium

Ranked #32 of 440 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The heartbeat of hands-on marine experience and preservation education in the Pacific Northwest, the Seattle Aquarium offers fun, exciting ways to discover more about the amazing Puget Sound that surrounds you! Join us in our mission: Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment.
Patzcuaro, Michoacan
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Not sure it's worth what it costs to go there”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Miraculously, I found a parking space right in front, which cost me $16 to park in. Adult tickets about $22 and kids were about $16. In all honesty, I didn't feel there was that much to look at that was worth that kind of money. I've actually seen more aquatic wildlife in zoos that didn't cost nearly as much.

Visited July 2014

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unique aquarium”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

There are some really interesting exhibits at this place that I've never seen at an aquarium. There dark light fish were beautiful. The otters were cool too.

I'm 28 and I'd recommend it.

Bogota, Colombia
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“good for the younger ones”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

since we have been to quite a few aquariums, i might sound a bit too critical: this one is ok, but not the best one i've been to. it was fairly crowded so it was hard to see everything! the kids enjoyed the touch tank, and the octopus. the staff was very kind and attentive to the kids! on a hot day it was nice to cool off a bit. other than that, everything else was pretty normal!

Visited July 2014
Gig Harbor, WA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Indoor and outdoor exhibits--nice variety”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My friend and I visited the Aquarium via a City Pass which means we got to skip the lines (which weren't that long anyway). We only had about an hour to spend there, but got to see most of it. The giant octopus was not as big as I expected, but it was cool to see anyway. There are a variety of fish tanks including an underwater viewing area. I also enjoyed the seabird area, and the otters and seals. I only gave it four stars because I was hoping for more information about each species I was looking at. That being said, they were more interpreters (guides) there present to answer questions than I have seen in other zoos/aquariums. I enjoyed the way the aquarium had both indoor and outdoor exhibit areas. Would love to come back with my 4-year-old son.

Visited August 2014
Boise, ID
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the Seattle Aquarium”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I visited the Seattle Aquarium with my grown son and we had a wonderful time. We especially enjoyed the seals and the otters - they look so much like dogs and appeared playful and contented. Also liked the jellyfish and sea horses. The touch tanks were a big hit, too. I would have given it 5 stars, but some other aquariums (such as the Chicago Aquarium) have special exhibits that the Seattle Aquarium can't match. But for its size, Seattle Aquarium is terrific and worth a visit.

Visited April 2014