“Nice visit for families of all ages.”
Review of Seattle Aquarium

Ranked #36 of 461 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The heartbeat of hands-on marine experience and preservation education in the Pacific Northwest, the Seattle Aquarium offers fun, exciting ways to discover more about the amazing Puget Sound that surrounds you! Join us in our mission: Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Not the biggest aquarium but still has enough to keep the family occupied for a couple of hours. Nice interactive areas.

1  Thank HollyHin
Write a ReviewReviews (3,462)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have been to the Georgia Aquarium so I agree with other reviewers that it is not in the top tier of aquariums but was an interesting hour or so. The seals and the otters in particular were interesting to our 14-20 year old children as well as some of the birds and fish. If you don't have huge expectations and have an hour or two when you are in the area, I think you will enjoy it.

Probably a little better than average but since it was part of our Citypass package it seems like an above average value.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Not the largest of aquariums, but it has a good representation of local species. The big octopus tank is my favorite! Hands on exhibits are nice for young and old alike...

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I went here because it was free with our Citypass, but really it was a waste of time. The only thing that appealed to my teens was the animals you could touch. Other then that there was really nothing to do. The octopuses were sleeping, and some exhibits were closed. It was pretty boring and I would not do this again.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

To be fair, I have been able to routinely visit the Churaumi Aquarium in Okinawa (one of the top aquariums in the world), so this review may be a bit biased. If you are visiting this aquarium as part of the Seattle City Pass, then enjoy your "free" visit. Don't make a special trip & pay to see the aquarium...you will most likely be disappointed. The aquarium is small (I walked the entire grounds over lunch). The staff members are helpful & always near exhibits to answer questions, but there is very little to see or interact with. Overall, I would not recommend this location unless it is part of your Seattle City Pass (& even then, it would not be a tragedy to miss this one if you run out of time).