“Loved it!”

Ranked #35 of 448 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The heartbeat of hands-on marine experience and preservation education in the Pacific Northwest, the Seattle Aquarium offers fun, exciting ways to discover more about the amazing Puget Sound that surrounds you! Join us in our mission: Inspiring Conservation of Our Marine Environment.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Wouldn't miss it! Many fantastic exhibits, variety of species, interactove and informative. My favourite part was the tidal pools and the salmon run.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Better than Monterey Bay ”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I should probably start with the fact that I have volunteered at the Seattle Aquarium for 3 years. So this review isn't from a first time visitor. Instead it is from someone who has a passion for Aquariums. I have been the famed Monterey Bay aquarium. I have been to the aquarium in Barcelona. I have been to the Oregon Coast Aquarium which is another of my favorites. But of all the aquariums I have ever visited Seattle always stands out.

What makes the Seattle Aquarium special is that it has a lot of information and ability to interact with knowledgeable people. If you have questions or your curious, there are a sea of people in blue shirts who would love to chat. Having that experience can make both people's day. I love that the aquarium specializes in local fish and organisms. I love the touch tanks. I love the live coral in the tropical fish section. I think the aquarium has a lot of really well done exhibits and they are constantly striving to improve. And if you have children and want to come often, there are a lot of additional events and opportunities specifically designed for younger guests.

Irving, TX
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Best Aquarium I'v been to.”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am no aficionado, but I really enjoyed this aquarium. You can touch starfish. The layout for the seals is really thought out. Do not miss this, the kids will enjoy it.

Visited March 2013
Holland, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seattle Aquarium”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Although my husband and I visited the Seattle Museum as a couple and our kiddos stayed back home, we had a great time. We were not the only couples present on the date we went. We arrived on a beautifully cloudy (typical Seattle weather) mid morning day. The ticket line was short and quick. The ticket sales team were professional and pleasant. The exhibits may have been quaint but had a knowledgeable staff consisting of museum workers and local junior high and high school students. It was nice to visit an aquarium that had exciting personnel! My only regret was not bringing the kiddos along on our 7 year anniversary trip. Stay for the seal shows, take your time strolling the exhibits, a must is the gift shop, and laugh along with all the overly excited two year olds. You can definitely spend your entire day there so early morning is the best time to go. All that stimulation and learning can make you hungry so stop in for brunch at Pike's Place Market's restaurant "The Athenian," it also has a bar.

Visited March 2013
Germany
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Nice, a little small”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

For the price of admission, it was smaller than I expected. There is a neat hands-on exhibit and they do a good job of showing the local marine biology. This is better for kids (there was actually a huge school group). If you do go, find the brochure that gives you buy one get one free admission (we got ours at the airport). Not a must do however.

Visited January 2014