“First vacation to Seattle”

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
Ranked #46 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We spent four days, three nights at this hotel prior to our Alaska cruise. The hotel accommodations were excellent and staff was pleasant and helpful throughout the stay. While the neighborhood is currently going through a construction phase...the location is conveniently located near Seattle Center, Space Needle and monorail. My wife and I purchased the City Pass which saved us money for two trips to the top of the Space Needle, EMP Museum, Seattle Aquarium and an Argosy Cruise in the harbor. Jean was excellent in arranging our private transportation from the airport to the Four Points and they have a shuttle to the pier for cruise passengers. The restaurant on site was good and happy hour in the bar each evening was nice!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Scott326
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Scott326,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and first trip to Seattle! We hope you will stay with us in the future. Take care.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had a very good stay here. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and well appointed and the restaurant served a good breakfast. While there is road construction around this hotel at present, it location and the staff make it a good choice in Seattle. One special touch was an upgrade to a suite which made our stay even more special.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MusikAl
Reviewed May 26, 2014

For those wanting a location near Seattle Center and seeking Starwood points, this is a gem. Rate was under $125 including free parking. Room was upgraded to a suite. Beds very comfortable and breakfast acceptable, though service was a bit on the slow side. I would have no problem staying here again as the rate was $50 or more less than the Sheraton or Westin in downtown. If you are here for tourism and looking for a downtown location, expect higher rates to stay downtown. Workout area was fine and the staff quite nice and welcoming. There are plenty of spaces for parking in the neighborhood if one is careful to read the signs and recognize where parking is zoned or not.

4  Thank PDXStocks
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We love hearing from our guests, and are happy to know that you found both our hotel and location perfect for your needs. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Went there for business, it wasn't the first hotel choice I had but it's what I ended up with.

Rooms were very nice, fitness center had plenty of equipment, breakfast was excellent (received free vouchers for that, not sure if they always give those out), had a nice Wednesday happy hour (wing, BBQ, and drinks). The staff was friendlier and responsive than most places I've stayed.

Walking distance to the Space Needle.

There was a lot of construction and traffic in the area at the time I stayed, but it wasn't a major inconvenience.

1  Thank Thomas C
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay. We are so happy to hear that your time with us exceed your expectations, and that you were able to take advantage of our Best Brews & BBQ! We hope business brings you back to Seattle soon and that you are able to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I frequent the Seattle Opera as a subscriber and drive up from Portland 4-5 times a year. I've always stayed at this hotel. I continue to return because it is close to McCaw Hall (Seattle Center-think Space Needle) and I have yet to have a disappointing stay. The Hampton Inn, from fellow Opera goers is another favorite spot for out-of-town opera fans, but I am just not fond of the Hampton Inn experience.

About every other trip, I am greeted with an upgrade to my room. Look for AAA deals too, as I have yet to pay for parking with AAA rates.

Check-in is less than 3 minutes, and after a long drive up the Slog of I-5, it is welcome. I frequently want to take a rest before heading out to the opera especially after driving for 3 hours (3 hours if I am lucky!).

I always check the room closely to make sure it is clean, no bugs (how horrible is it that we even have to check for this these days!) and I have yet to find anything out of place in these rooms. The housekeeping staff does an exceptional job.

Some of the rooms have views of the Space Needle-request that if it is something you might like. The Mercer project has been trying the last year-there is always some sort of construction going on around the hotel, but I have not been bothered by it when in my room. The staff also gives clear directions to avoid trouble spots.

I've only had breakfast once and it was certainly adequate.

My only complaint was that the last time I stayed, they did not have a contracted rate to get to Sea-Tac airport: it was a private car, $40 each way. But, this last trip, I noticed a placard in the room that they do have a contracted rate using shared shuttle services (Express Shuttle, I think) for $18/person. The new placards contain a lot of info about Cruise shuttles too, and nearby amenities. Very helpful. I might thinking about saving myself the drive and flying up one of these trips, now that they offer a shared shuttle service.

One positive experience that happened today. On the drive home, I realized I didn't have my watch. I thought I must have left it in the room. I called, spoke to the manager, John, who went to the room and turned it upside down looking for it. He promptly called me back noting that it had not turned up. When I got home, I called and spoke to Jean-still no sign of the watch but she knew that the attendant was asked about it. Both John and Jean validated my concerns (key in customer service), they advised me of the lost and found procedures and they both made me feel that my concerns were their concerns. My watch did turn up in my luggage (must have slipped in there) and I called and let them know it had been found.

The high level of customer service I have received at this hotel continues after many stays. While there is certainly other options in the area for me, I'll continue to use the Four Points Downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Southwest corner and west facing rooms have a view of the space needle.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Jeffrey G
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for the excellent review! Our team is thrilled to hear that you enjoy coming back time and time again to Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center for Seattle Opera performances. We pride ourselves on our team's ability to take care of each guest's needs and are happy to know you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to hosting you again during the next performance or next Seattle getaway.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here since its fairly close to the downtown, its just a 10 min walk to the Seattle space needle and a lot of things too,the staff was very friendly and welcoming, and the prices were good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AbdulrahmanQ8
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel was the perfect location for me. I did not choose this hotel. The hotel was chosen for me by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Their travel agency booked everything. I stayed here for four nights from April 27, 2014 - May 1, 2014.

Room -

I was assigned a room on the 4th floor. The room was large, very clean, and comfortable. The bed linens were luxurious and the pillows were plush. This made for an excellent night's sleep. The water temperature in the stand-up shower got very hot and the water pressure was excellent. WiFi in the room was of average speed and complimentary. I wish the room had a refrigerator and a magnified mirror in the bathroom.

Service -

Service was overall excellent - the front desk agents, bartender in the bar, and server in the restaurant were all very friendly. The female that checked me in was especially friendly and knowledgeable. They do not have a dedicated concierge at this hotel, but she sure acted like one - she knew the local area extremely well, she took out a map and a sharpie marker, and started to circle all of the places I wanted to visit. I really appreciated her taking the extra time to assist me. Great job!

Hotel Information -

The hotel has 158 rooms. The "lobby" is very small, as is the parking circle in front of the hotel. The hotel's parking is a secured lot underground. They also care a great deal about sustainability. If you do not want housekeeping, you put a door hangar on the outside of your room door and you can get a $5.00 credit or 250 SPG points for each night you decline housekeeping services. I opted for this. I had breakfast in the hotel one morning and the food was very good. I did not use the fitness center, so I am unable to comment on that. The main elevator was broken for two days during my stay, so we had to use the stairs or walk around the hotel to use the other elevator - not a huge deal for me, but hopefully they fixed this.

Area near Hotel –

I think it is a stretch to say this hotel is in downtown Seattle - it really is not. It is technically located in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood. Construction around the hotel is terrible right now. It is in a very safe area, but the immediate surroundings are not very aesthetically pleasing - automotive shop directly across the street, etc. It is also a stretch to say you can walk to Pike Place Market from the hotel. I love to walk, but downtown is probably too far of a walk for a normal person. You can however walk to Seattle Center, Key Arena, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum, Experience Music Project (EMP) Museum, Ride the Duck Tours, Space Needle, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center. It is also located within walking distance to a Hampton Inn and Suites, McDonalds, 7-Eleven, a 24-hour QFC Supermarket, vietnamese restaurants, thai restaurants, sushi restaurants, and a few other great independent restaurants. There is a monorail at Seattle Center that will take you directly to downtown ($2.25 each way). It is only goes from Seattle Center to downtown (one-stop). A taxi to the city center will cost about $13.00.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. If my travels ever take me to Seattle, I might consider staying here again if the nightly rate is good.

2  Thank UCFKnightsFan

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your recent stay! As a choice hotel for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we frequently host foundation visitors and are happy you were able to stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator, it has since been fixed! We are glad that did not take away greatly from your stay and that everything else was pleasing! We hope your travels bring you back to Seattle soon.