“walking destance!”

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
Ranked #50 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here since its fairly close to the downtown, its just a 10 min walk to the Seattle space needle and a lot of things too,the staff was very friendly and welcoming, and the prices were good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AbdulrahmanQ8

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel was the perfect location for me. I did not choose this hotel. The hotel was chosen for me by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Their travel agency booked everything. I stayed here for four nights from April 27, 2014 - May 1, 2014.

Room -

I was assigned a room on the 4th floor. The room was large, very clean, and comfortable. The bed linens were luxurious and the pillows were plush. This made for an excellent night's sleep. The water temperature in the stand-up shower got very hot and the water pressure was excellent. WiFi in the room was of average speed and complimentary. I wish the room had a refrigerator and a magnified mirror in the bathroom.

Service -

Service was overall excellent - the front desk agents, bartender in the bar, and server in the restaurant were all very friendly. The female that checked me in was especially friendly and knowledgeable. They do not have a dedicated concierge at this hotel, but she sure acted like one - she knew the local area extremely well, she took out a map and a sharpie marker, and started to circle all of the places I wanted to visit. I really appreciated her taking the extra time to assist me. Great job!

Hotel Information -

The hotel has 158 rooms. The "lobby" is very small, as is the parking circle in front of the hotel. The hotel's parking is a secured lot underground. They also care a great deal about sustainability. If you do not want housekeeping, you put a door hangar on the outside of your room door and you can get a $5.00 credit or 250 SPG points for each night you decline housekeeping services. I opted for this. I had breakfast in the hotel one morning and the food was very good. I did not use the fitness center, so I am unable to comment on that. The main elevator was broken for two days during my stay, so we had to use the stairs or walk around the hotel to use the other elevator - not a huge deal for me, but hopefully they fixed this.

Area near Hotel –

I think it is a stretch to say this hotel is in downtown Seattle - it really is not. It is technically located in the Lower Queen Anne neighborhood. Construction around the hotel is terrible right now. It is in a very safe area, but the immediate surroundings are not very aesthetically pleasing - automotive shop directly across the street, etc. It is also a stretch to say you can walk to Pike Place Market from the hotel. I love to walk, but downtown is probably too far of a walk for a normal person. You can however walk to Seattle Center, Key Arena, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum, Experience Music Project (EMP) Museum, Ride the Duck Tours, Space Needle, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center. It is also located within walking distance to a Hampton Inn and Suites, McDonalds, 7-Eleven, a 24-hour QFC Supermarket, vietnamese restaurants, thai restaurants, sushi restaurants, and a few other great independent restaurants. There is a monorail at Seattle Center that will take you directly to downtown ($2.25 each way). It is only goes from Seattle Center to downtown (one-stop). A taxi to the city center will cost about $13.00.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. If my travels ever take me to Seattle, I might consider staying here again if the nightly rate is good.

2  Thank UCFKnightsFan
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of your recent stay! As a choice hotel for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we frequently host foundation visitors and are happy you were able to stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator, it has since been fixed! We are glad that did not take away greatly from your stay and that everything else was pleasing! We hope your travels bring you back to Seattle soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

For my business trips, I stay at the Four Points if the Westin is above my company's hotel cap. I stayed there recently for 2 nights and was again pleased with my visit. Upon arrival, the front desk agents were very friendly and accommodating. My teammates and I just wanted to check-in and drop our stuff off then head to dinner. The staff was nice enough to let us keep our car in the driveway in the meantime. Check-in is usually pretty fast but it took a bit longer this time around because of a keycard issue. The staff was very apologetic for the delay.

I was given room 305 and it was just like all the other rooms I had stayed at before. The room is very basic but it's fine since I never expect much from a Four Points. During the trip though, I constantly had problems with the internet. It was always hard to find a connection even though there were about 4 different connection options.

A full, hot breakfast was included in my rate and I found the food to be better this time around. A breakfast voucher is issued upon check-in and I unfortunately lost my voucher for the second day. The front desk was kind enough to issue me another one without any questions.

Overall, I stay at the Four Points because of the great value and excellent customer service. Breakfast, internet, and parking are all included in my rate. I also found out that the hotel provides a shuttle to my office. If you are one who likes fancy frills, this is not the hotel for you but I know I'll stay at the Four Points again.

1  Thank LC411

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay! We greatly appreciate hearing from our guests about their experiences and are glad to know that our staff made you feel at home throughout your stay. We hope you and your teammates are able to stay with us again soon and take advantage of our shuttle!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Hotel was not clean, it felt like they had a staff shortages, evening room service trays were left in the hall for more than 24 hours. It was very surprising, the service I have come to expect at SPG properties was not here. The staff was not at all helpful, in some cases rude.

Elevators were broken, hotel need some renovation. As an SPG member I always get surveys from the hotel after my stay was waiting to complete the survey but it never came so thought I would post here

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located down the street from the space needle and many if the tourist attractions. It seems it is newly renovated. We stayed in a king room with open floor plan, couch, coffee table, desk and spacious standup shower.

The bed is extremely comfortable, with lush pillows and comforters. I would expect nothing less from an SPG hotel, and of course the speak man shower head. I will note that the walls are paper thin. I only was able to get 4 hrs of sleep because of the noise from above and maintenance and cleaning outside (I'm a heavy sleeper).

There is a secured garage that requires key entry.

Bottom line: location is great, but not worth sacrificing your sleep for. I would suggest asking for top floor just in case. Btw, I'm an SPG member and for a four points this was disappointing. I would give this place one more try on the top floor.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank neversayneverFlorida
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel was easy to find in spite of the construction surrounding it. It was the first time my two kids and I had spent any time in Seattle...came for a weekend adventure and this place was in an excellent location. We were super close to the Space Needle, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Ride the Duck and a ton of other stuff. There were many highly rated restaurants within walking distance. We went to The Crow one night and it was delicious. The staff was top-notch in the hotel and adjoining restaurant. We had breakie both days downstairs and the staff was attentive, speedy and really friendly. I will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding Seattle sights! We love our city and love getting to share it with visitors! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was in Seattle for 2 nights on a business trip. Four Points is a great hotel with friendly staff and fantastic price. Would recommend to anyone visiting Seattle. Hotel is 10 minutes drive from Pike place market and 2 mins walk from Seattle space needle.

1  Thank Sourabh S

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that your recent stay was enjoyable and that you found our great location convenient to Seattle's best attractions! We hope you are able to come stay with us again soon!