“Very good stay”

Ranked #50 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Brighton, Michigan
“Very good stay”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the Four Points for two nights on business. Overall, this was a good hotel, with a very comfortable stay, with very good and helpful staff.

The rooms were in good shape. The carpet seemed old, but everything else seemed updated. The rooms had a shower only (no tub), but the shower itself was very large and roomy, with glass walls and door. Shampoo/shower gel/conditioner were provided via wall dispenser in the shower. Bar soap and lotion was provided in the sink area. The bed itself was very comfortable, with full-sized pillows. I got a very good night's sleep both nights.

The staff was friendly, and very helpful with us finding our way around. The lobby area and dining/bar area was very nice, updated, and modern, with plenty of seating. The restaurant/bar staff had no problems with guests sitting at any of the tables "just to sit", without ordering anything.

The "power management" (i.e., the ability of the room to handle all of the modern traveler's electronic/charging needs" is fantastic, with multiple, easy-to-access outlets (both three-prong plugs and USB outlets!!) on the desktop, and the nightstand. Note on, not under...one of the best layouts I've seeen yet!

On the downside, there really isn't anything that is in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. There isn't much within a two or three block area. Lake Union has several options, but for walking, it is a convoluted process with Aururoa Ave. being "uncrossable", and construction going on on the surrounding streets. It's doable, but not quick at all. Having said that, the city itself is very walkable, and we got to Lake Union in 10/15 minutes, and the Puget Sound waterfront in about 20/25.

The prices of the rooms seemed to be very decent, as far as hotel rooms in the City of Seattle go. I still think the rooms were a bit pricey, but they were comparitively good.

Overall, a good stay, and if you don't mind walking a bit, this hotel has access to lots of areas.

1 Thank Matt S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night last August going to a Mariners game. The hotel is located 2 blocks from the space needle. It took us 30 minutes to walk to Pikes Market along the water front. Parking was included in our rate and Internet was included in room for free. Staff very friendly and nice atmosphere. Would stay here again. Parking in downtown Seattle, no different than any large city is difficult, so we walk everwhere. It is about a 30 minute walk to downtown

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank haileythegolden
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for meetings at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is within 5 minutes walking distance. The hotel was ideally situated for this purpose and is also close to Seattle attractions like the Space Needle. The hotel was modern and clean. My room was spacious and had free wireless internet access. I ate at the hotel and the food was good. The hotel arranged an inexpensive fix-price airport transfer upon check-out. I would stay again when in Seattle for activities in the hotel area.

Room Tip: No specific advice.
2 Thank GHJohn
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My daughter and son in law flew in from South Dakota for a two week stay. One of our mini trips was visit the city of Seattle over night. I needed a hotel located within walking distance to most of the major tourist sights. From the Four Point we took in The Seattle Underground ,Pikes place Market, the waterfront including the Big Wheel, and ended up at the Space Needle at Seattle center. The next morning we hiked up Queen Anne hill to Kerry View park for pictures. We did all of that walking..and that doesn't count all the wrong turns our tour-guide (me) made when we were lost. I have to admit we did some hiking..just saying it can be done. We got to the hotel early, but they still let us park in their lot so we could get an early start on our Seattle adventure. All the staff were wonderful,esp the check in staff. the rooms were very nice and clean, and I got a great nights sleep. The only problem I had was when I made my reservation, I used the AARP promotion they were having..and part of that was late checkout. The person at the counter said he had never heard of such a thing...I know that was part of the promo, because that's the very reason I went AARP. I checked the points website..and low and behold the AARP promo was gone all together. Did it ruin my trip? No..we had a great time, and Four Point would of had a better rating if they followed thru on their offer. I noticed they overbooked both days I was there..maybe had something to do with it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brewerguy175
Seattle, Washington, USA
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been staying at the Four Points hotel for a number of weeks, for a business trip. The staff has done a remarkable job at making the hotel feel more like Home, as I spend more time with them than I spend at my actual home. The front desk staff are professional, always smiling, and happy to accommodate guest requests when availability allows. The bar staff remembers your favorite drink down to the lime v cucumber details in a Hendrick's G&T. I recently had a package delivered to my 'home' at the Four Points, and the staff was great about holding the box secure at the front desk until I arrived home that day. From the 'behind the scenes' staff helping make extended reservations very simple, to the bar and front desk staff, everyone is genuinely concerned about ensuring your stay is easy, convenient, and relaxing. Fantastic Hotel!

Room Tip: I would request a courtyard view. They are hard to get, but have the best view in my opinion.
1 Thank Ian M
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Ian,

We are so happy to hear you feel at home here. Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience. It's been a pleasure having you with us! Cheers!
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel was comfortable, but a little removed from the downtown. I hate paying for parking, particularly when not in the CBD. Breakfast was not included. We had a 2 bedroom apartment that was large and comfortable. Staff was friendly and room cost was fine. We would not return given location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here during a brief trip to play tourist in Seattle for the day. The location is within walking distance of Memorial Stadium, nice restaurants, the Space Needle, and the Monorail, which thus means a quick inexpensive ride into Downtown for shopping at Pike Place market or just taking in the city. I was impressed with the quality of the restaurant at this property as well. Overall this hotel had good price/service, and above all convenience. Parking is $15/day rather than the $45 at other downtown hotels! The rooms and common areas are recently renovated and comfortable. I also loved the fact that I had a view of the Space Needle from my room, that was a nice plus. One suggestion for management would be during your next renovation, please put in black-out curtains. People with odd sleeping schedules like me would appreciate a dark room. Also for future guests be aware Seattle's public bus will drop you off way up the street. So plan alternatives to arrive here like driving, or taking a cab. This hotel may not have certain luxuries like a regular Sheraton or Westin does, but as for hotels in this price category go, the Four Points Sheraton Seattle downtown is an excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family