“Excellent Interim Stop”

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
Ranked #47 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while on our way to Vancouver, choosing it for its nearby location to the Chihuly Museum (a MUST SEE) and Seattle Center/Space Needle. As others have mentioned, it is in easy walking distance to that. There is a bit of road construction nearby but it was not noisy or inconvenient for us.

My sister and brother-in-law's flight was delayed and they asked if we could possibly buy some scotch to leave in their room for their late arrival. The front desk quickly directed us to a wonderful grocery store around the corner (they sell liquor in grocery stores in Seattle!) where they actually had a bottle of 12-year old Dewars. The hotel staff then delivered it to my sister's room and it really helped to repair their first day of vacation.

The hotel is located only a few blocks from a kind of funky, cool neighborhood with a variety of restaurants - Thai, Mediterranean, Vietnamese, Vegetarian - as well as McMenamins Brewpub, which had excellent local brew and comfort food.

Our room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. There was a small restaurant and bar as well as a nice little courtyard for eating outside. This was our first experience with Four Points and it was a good one. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is making a quick stop in Seattle on the way to points north.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

You can walk to Seattle Center but the area around this hotel is not nice. Parking garage is spooky. No pool. Great Fireside Nachos though. Staff were accommodating, and got us checked in quickly when we arrived early. They charge for parking though.

1  Thank Deana S
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family stayed here for a single night before departing on a cruise the next day. I booked this hotel mainly for the convenient location, as well as the price. We booked a 2-bedroom suite for cheaper than 2 separate smaller rooms at other locations. Since this hotel is just a short walk from the Seattle Center and monorail, we were able to get around to do some sightseeing easily, especially considering that we would only be in town for 1 day.

The stay was uneventful in a good way. Check-in and check-out were prompt and efficient. The front desk also had green apples that were stamped with food coloring, in the image of Seattle's skyline. I thought this was a nice touch. Our room was also in great condition, and I much prefer the wall-mounted shower dispensers to the small sample-size bottles that are typically found at hotels.

We also booked transportation to the cruise terminal from the hotel, which was $7 per person. I thought this was a reasonable price, and the shuttle driver was courteous and efficient as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shawn C
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is very clean with well informed and couteous staff. The bar and restaurant are both
excellent in service, food and drinks. Various large TV screens to watch sporting events. It is very close to Seattle Center, Space Needle Bill & Melinda Gates Museum, Zinzani Theater and other interesting theaters. It is also only 5 blocks from the monorail to the city center.

Room Tip: Indoor parking is available at only $15 per day. Be sure to have a room close to an elevator for eas...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had a group of 18 high school students on a school trip. I usually like staying at properties close to the Seattle Center, which the Four Points is. My normal hotel that I like staying at was sold out due to a conference.

I found the rooms to be comfortable, but small. They were recently renovated. Beds were comfortable. You are only three blocks to the Seattle Center, one block from a grocery store (QFC) and a few blocks away from the center of Queen Anne's numerous restaurants. I found the front desk staff to be really friendly, helpful and accommodating.

While I was more concerned about my group making noise, my group complained about the noise. There was a concert going on in the area and the hotel was fully booked with people wanting to party. When the concert finished and bars closed, the hotel was very loud with noise carrying into the rooms, doors slamming, etc.

Rooms were on the small side. I would have like to have a refrigerator in the room and had to rent one instead. Upon checkout, I found they waived the charged, a nice touch. Bathroom was nice, but just had a shower.

I had problems with my bathroom. My toilet leaked, but was promptly fixed. There was a one inch gap between shower door and the shower. Every time I showered, I had water all over the floor.

Housekeeping was not consistent. Used towels, coffee cups, creamer and coffee were not replaced. This happened on a daily basis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor at one of the far ends of the hall. Otherwise, you will likely hear...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Room 406 of average size and noisy as looking onto the main road and just above the lobby area (open mezzanine at the side of the room looking down to the lobby). Breakfast took a while to be served by some loud staff. Not the standard expected from a Sheraton hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was here a month ago for a business meeting for 3 nights. Somehow my points dint transfer to my account and their was no record of it; Really! The hotel is nice looking and food was okay not great. And parking should be free. Paying $15 bucks a night is redundant. There is no curtsey whats so ever...... Not coming here anymore or any four Points.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Companymeer
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome, so we regret to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important to us and we want to make this right. Please reach out to me so I can make sure you receive your Starpoints® and so we can discuss your review further. John, GM Four Points by Sheraton Seattle, john.mark@fourpointsseattle.com