“Fabulous Four Points Hotel (Really)!”

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous Four Points Hotel (Really)!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We decided to take a long weekend and spend it in Seattle. Over the years I've been skeptical about Four Points because some are not that great and others are just okay. But this location in Seattle near the Space Needle was a pleasant surprise. I don't like surprises when it come to my hotels and this one was fabulous. It just opened two months ago after an extensive renovation and all the rooms are new with very comfortable beds and the bathrooms are spotless. The front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. I also love the courtyard and the fireplace in the living room area. Very impressive, they have truly set the bar for ALL Four Points properties. Not to mention great rates!! I would definitely stay here again and again. It was a challenge finding it but I'm glad we did, plenty of FREE parking on the street.

Room Tip: As for a room opposite of the Courtyard if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hotel_Diva1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Although newly opened this hotel is not in fact newly built and was previously operated with another identity. We needed to stay somewhere for one night prior to boarding a cruise ship the next day and chose this hotel due to it's location and price - it is close to the Space Needle and all of downtown Seattle is also within walking distance. We travelled in from SeaTac airport on the new airport link tram - and would thoroughly recommend it since it is very cost-effective and also because much of the route is above ground and affords great views during the 40 minute journey to the downtown area. From there we walked to the hotel which took about 20 minutes and was easy to find. However there is also a monorail running through the downtown area - and if you got off at the Space Needle stop the hotel would only be a 5 minute walk. The hotel looks fairly modern from the outside and is generally well presented - however it isn't until you walk through the front door that the recent total renovation becomes obvious. The welcome at reception was warm and friendly and we were quickly on our way to the newly refurbished bedroom - which was bright and cheerful reasonably spacious and featured thoroughly modern fixtures and fittings. The beds were extremely comfortable and along with the quiet location made for a very peaceful night's rest. We didn't eat dinner in the hotel - preferring to take advantage of one of the many alternative eateries in Seattle - but the bar and restaurant offers a selection of drinks and dishes cooked to order. If there was one criticism it would be that the prices seemed rather expensive - and that was also the case at breakfast which in our case was included in the rate. The food at breakfast was very good - but getting it proved problematic. We had vouchers for a named breakfast item - but instead we wanted to trade them for other less expensive items. The initial answer was no no and no - until common sense prevailed and we eventually successfully argued our case. The young lady was very personable and friendly - but in addition to the drama over which breakfast we were entitled to she also managed to forget some other items we had ordered. In fact we felt that there were a few service related issues that needed addressing - probably due to the fact that they had only just opened and the staff were still trying to get the hang of both the hotel standards and job-specific responsibilities. However that did not really detract from our stay and the requested transfer to our ship had been duly organised so we left having enjoyed our visit and feeling that we would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Geoff O
San Jacinto, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed here only for one night. It was quiet, clean and worth the time and travel.

Room Tip: It seemed that at least all the rooms on the Third floor were awesome. I assume the rest were as wel...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you want to stay near the Space Needle and Experience Music Project, this is a nice hotel with good rates. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are really clean having been renovated recently. I would definitely consider staying here agin.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Being a SPG member, I try to stay at Four Points when possible. The last two times I have stayed at a Four Points, the hotel was being renovated. At least this time, the one in Seattle was close to being finished versus the Toronto airport.

My wife and I stayed at the Four Points Seattle because on the website it had "free parking". When we checked in, I was informed that there will be a charge for parking. However the person at the front desk said since they are still renovating, the charge might not show up. Also, in order to have a refrigerator in the room, there was also a charge of $10.00 per day. I guess because of the renovation, this charge was also not assessed.

The hotel is located about a 10-15 minute walk from the Space Needle/Seattle Center. So getting to downtown Seattle was very convenient because of the monorail. The monorail will take you to about 2 blocks away from Pike's Market. Down the street (across the Hampton Inn) was a QFC super market that is open 24 hours. That made it convenient to buy some snacks and drinks for the room.

The size of the room was a little tight for myself and my wife. If there was three adults, it would be very tight.

This hotel is using a new type of card to enter your room. Instead of putting the card into the door handle, you place the card flat on a reader right by the door handle and this will unlock the door. During our stay we did not have any problems with this.

Overall, our three night stay had no complaints. The only time we were impacted by the renovation was when some of the construction workers was using the elevator so we had to wait for the next one.

Just remember that there will be a charge for a refrigerator and parking.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gsuzuki
Arizona
Reviewed October 28, 2011

At the last minute, we decided to change from the Seattle Sheraton downtown to the Four Points because 1) the ad said the rooms had fridges and microwaves and 2) it appeared to be in a better location for getting around. Wrong on both counts.
Without going into myriad complaints, it nets out like this: the staff is rude and totally disinterested. It took three calls (and a near threat) to get our room cleaned. The place is noisy as it is located at the intersection of two really busy streets—Highway 99 (Aurora Ave) and Mercer Street (by the Seattle Center). My bad for not looking at the map in a more micro level.
The parking garage is ill equipped to handle guest cars if the place is full, so, late Saturday night, we had to squeeze into some illegal, non-parking space.
If it’s ambiance you like, there are plenty of cops in the area given the overpopulation of homeless people that line the streets by the Seattle Center. I feel for these folks, but it’s not the sort of scene I look for on a get-away. Again, I suppose my bad for not doing more homework. I guess there’s an app for that.
On the plus side, the hotel generously let us stay for a late checkout on Sunday. Also, on the plus side, we stayed here on Starwood Points. The cost was three nights of parking.
I did get further clarification as to why I generally stay at Marriott Hotels.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank allenweiner
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The building and room were clean and nice, the room was small for 2 beds, but well furnished. Not so OK on the training of their employees, however.

One of the reasons we booked were reviews describing the good hot complimentary breakfast. We booked via Travelocity and read the reviews. On check-in, I asked about the complimentary breakfast, and was told that "at my rate, that wasn't included"! What?! I explained there wasn't a "with" or "without" option, and the reviews clearly called it out. They didn't deny it, they just refused me. How much could it have cost them to provide what was expected? Well, I blew it off and checked in. Whatever.

We went to a show at the Seattle Center, and picked up some food on the way home. We were finishing our meal when I got a call from the front desk. It seems they'd had a complaint about excessive noise...well... we had the TV on, but it wasn't loud... I attempted to engage the person to resolve whatever was the issue when the desk person suddenly exclaimed "You need to learn some respectfulness!" and then HUNG UP!!!

Wow! NEVER in my life has this happened to me. The service help was outright preachy and rude. I've worked in Sales and Customer Service for 34 years, and this is NOT how you build relationships and clientele. Not to mention the poor grammar, this experience was an insult to myself and my wife. I will actively discourage anyone from patronizing this establishment.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple