“Great hotel - 1 or 2 annoying patrons!”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #29 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Five for two nights on our small mini-vacation to Seattle. I have to say, this hotel has a lot going for it - clean & spacious rooms, pleasant staff, amazing showers, fantastic location (close to many Seattle attractions), affordable parking. The one huge negative factor that impacted our visit was the very loud and annoying guests late at night. Both nights I was awoken by loud, obnoxious guests yelling and swearing in the hallway outside of our room (it was so loud it sounded like they were inside of our room!). They were probably partiers returning from local bars, or people just partying in their rooms, but regardless - they were SO very loud. I've stayed many times in Las Vegas (PARTY TOWN!) and not had any issues, so I was pretty surprised that this happened. Both episodes probably lasted less than 15 minutes, but because they occurred between 12am-2am they were very annoying! I didn't report the issue to the staff because I figured there wasn't much they could do about it - I was already woken up and like I mentioned, the disturbances were for 15 mins or less, so I figured by the time the staff tried to address it the people would be gone. I'm not sure how a hotel could prevent this - maybe remind loud patrons when they come into the hotel late at night to be respectful? It seems a bit ridiculous to have to remind people, but I'm not sure what can be done. Another issue that we had was some confusion about price - when I booked on the phone the staff didn't clarify if I wanted double occupancy or not, so my room and package deal was only booked for one person. This issue was sorted out without any real problems but I had to pay a bit extra for one night. Otherwise, we had a very pleasant stay and would consider going back because this hotel has a lot of positives. We had a great experience at the glass blowing studio across the street and got a great package deal through the hotel (promotional deal), so overall, we had a great time!

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator, so maybe avoid that if possible?
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Hi Glitteryvegas,

I'm happy that you enjoyed our hotel and your overall stay with us despite some noisy neighbors. We always try our best to keep a pretty good handle on the noise level of all our guests so others are not disturbed. I apologize that you were woken up but glad it didn't spoil your weekend.

We do hope to welcome you back to Seattle!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Booked online for a weekend stay to attend the Apple Cup. Reserved an "urban suite" room; very roomy and comfortable, loved the funky urban chic decor. Location was perfect, within walking distance of Pike Place Public Market, shopping, SAM ( Seattle Art Museum), etc. parking very reasonable for downtown hotel. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013

It's great to hear that you enjoyed our Urban Suite and your visit to Seattle.
We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Having lived in Seattle for 6+ years, I walked by this hotel almost every single day. Back then it used to be owned by Ramada. Now that I live in Canada, I was recently in Seattle on a business trip. When I stumbled upon this property in our travel portal, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the hotel premises have been spruced up under pineapple hospitality management. The hotel has more of a boutique feel to it now. Anyways, I went in with low expectations and was quite impressed with what I got during my 4 night stay.

+ complimentary mini-cupcakes in the lobby
+ complimentary bikes (although I did not use them), I am sure those would be fun in the summer
+ complimentary shuttle to South lake union
+ proximity to Top pot doughnuts :)
+ close to all attractions in Seattle
+ tommy bahama toiletries in the bathroom
+ clean comfortable rooms, ask for one facing 5th Ave or Blanchard st for more natural light
+ efficient front desk, they also arranged for a towne car to the airport early in the morning

- Stand in shower has some weird smell, leave the door open
- Bathroom area gets pretty dark and the lighting is dim
- No views
- Breakfast at Max cafe was nothing to write home about

Overall, I would recommend this property for a business trip. It's efficient, clean and modern. It's also great value for money especially in Seattle downtown core.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelmusings
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Travelmusings,

Pleased to see that you found our hotel and location accommodating to your travel needs. We love our Pineapple mini-cupcakes too, we are glad you had an opportunity to try a few! Our company is actively looking for other energy efficient options for better lighting in the bathroom area, so this change is coming soon! We look forward to having you as a guest in the future!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I found a deal off booking.com to stay at this hotel with his parents. We did not get to take advantage of many of the amenities as we were only there for a short time, but we very much enjoyed it. I ended up having to do some work while there and the internet was excellent. The staff was very helpful. Clean rooms, great design, yummy pineapple cupcakes at tea time.

One thing is, I would skip the restaurant. We only ate there once, so our experience may not be statistically significant, but the service was poor, and there was lipstick on one of the coffee mugs. Not awful by any means, but not great. And as the location is close to great things, like Top Pot Doughnuts, you might as well go there...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Tevia J.

I am glad that we surprised you with an enjoyable stay! I'm sorry the cafe didn't knock your socks off; we have recently revamped our cafe menu so hopefully next you stay with us you have a better experience! Thanks again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My best friend and I made our first visit to Seattle in mid-November. I'm typically a Starwood hotel snob, but we decided to be adventurous and book through Hotel Tonight. Hotel Five was our first choice for our stay because of the other ratings and the prime location. It did not disappoint! When we arrived, we were greeted by two very hospitable and enthusiastic front desk attendants - Andrew and Brennan. They gave us great recommendations on where to eat and visit during our stay. I'm from the South, so my experience is that few people are as hospitable as we are here, but Hotel Five definitely exceeded my hospitality expectations.

The hotel is within walking distance to great sights (Space Needle, Pike Place Market, the waterfront) and restaurants (The Crumpet Shop, Portage Bay Cafe, Home Remedy). It's easy to get to other neighborhoods by bus or cab if you want to explore. We never had a cab ride that was more than $15 to Ballard. We took advantage of the new complimentary bicycles for an entire day of riding around the city and to Bainbridge Island (another recommendation from Brennan). They are adorable, and we had about 100 people stop us to tell us so.

The only two downsides are typical of any hotel - not the best lighting and not such a great view (the hotel is only five floors, so you won't get sweeping city views). Since we didn't spend much time in the room, this didn't really bother us.

We fell in love with the city while we were there, and it's in no small part due to our stay at Hotel Five. We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Try for a street facing room; otherwise, you'll be looking over a parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda W

Amanda W.

What an amazing review! Thank you so much for taking the time share your experience of Hotel FIVE! Brennan and Andrew are such a valued members of our team, and I will be sure they receive your positive remarks! We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel FIVE!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here in October with my wife and met some friends of ours. Very nice hotel and only a few minutes walk to downtown. Exceptionally friendly staff and very knowledgeable about good things to do and see in Seattle.

If i was returning to Seattle i would certainly stay here again, please do make use of the free bikes!

Room Tip: side away from the mono rail is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Keith P.

Thanks for the great review. Pleased to see that you had an opportunity to check out one of our complimentary bikes! We love having that complimentary amenity for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

When we walked in the staff was really welcoming! Brennan the person that helped us at the front desk was great! Our room was clean and nice. The location was perfect for the trip. Everything we had planned was within walking distance. We would definetly stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Whitney E.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear our staff treated you well during your stay especially Brennan. I will be sure to pass along your high remarks! Be sure to check out our hotel's website for new and upcoming discounts and promotions!