Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
$279
$292
Cancelon
1,578 results
All reviewscupcakesmax's cafepineapplespace needlegreat locationtommy bahamawithin walking distancefree bikesfunky decorpike place markethardwood floorscute hotelbottled waterevery afternoonfun hoteleuropean stylewould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Extremely friendly staff on welcome, took time to familiarize me with area.
Nearby just about everything, clean, safe area. 5-15 mins walk to any location downtown, which includes multiple tourist attractions. Metro to airport and spave needle is 10 mins away. cleanliness is alwsys my main concern.. this room was very clean with a hygenic bathroom. Nothing (electronics) didnt work.. coffee/ tea maker, iron, hairdryer. Only 3 electrical outlets in room. Modern decoration. Maids forgot to replenish towels two days in a row but with a quick call everything was fixed. Best part: small hotel so no waiting, no grumpy room service or rude concierge. Very basic breakfast (didnt try it) BUT there are many places to eat nearby anyway. Half the price of the bigger 5 star hotels just 2 blocks away. Nice view.. although the monorail passed by the room every 30 mins, somehow there was no noise emmissions.. (well done?!) Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Eelaf E,

Your feedback in regards to our housekeeping service is greatly appreciated, we always strive for perfection but sometimes we miss the mark. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our boutique feel as well, we agree it makes it feel more personal! Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel! We look forward to having you as a guest in the future!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with my husband and two year old. When I first walked in, I wasn't sure I picked the right place with a toddler. However, a few things happened to change my mind. They were extremely helpful in meeting all of our needs, including shuttle service, bringing a crib to the room and having a town car meet us at the airport with a car seat in tow.

While the decor wasn't quite my style (i.e. the lobby has black walls with very modern furniture), the room was a bit more mellow. It was a little small, but very clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that the windows didn't open... the room was a tad stuffy.

Max's was excellent. We ate their twice for breakfast and the service is speedy, costs are low and the food was great. There's also a lot of great restaurants within walking distance.

By far, the best part of the stay was the service. The gal who checked us in remembered our call from a few days earlier requesting a town car with a car seat. When our shuttle reservation went missing, they went out of their way to make it right.

Room Tip: I read on TripAdvisor to ask for a Space Needle view, but upon check in, I was told these rooms no longer exist due to construction of a new building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

110Jennifer,

Thanks for taking the time to review Hotel FIVE! We are glad that we were able to meet most of your needs and that any reservations you had about choosing the right hotel were eased by our staff, I'll be sure to pass along the high accolades! Until next time!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Upon arrival at Hotel Five, we were greeted with modern decor and a friendly front desk staff. The staff had great recommendations on local dining & attractions. The hotel was within walking distance to the Seattle Art Museum, Olympic Sculpture Park, Pikes Market as well as great dining and shopping. The monorail to the Space Needle and Chihuly Glass Garden is also near the hotel. If you prefer to travel by bicycle, the hotel also offers free bike rental. I loved the complementary coffee & cupcakes in the afternoon. Our room did not have much of a view, the TV does not offer HD channels, and the bathroom walls are so thin you can hear everything but those are minor complaints. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

heatherj132,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It looks like you were able to take advantage of what our hotel has to offer as far as location and amenities. Thank you also for sharing pictures of your stay! A guest perspective is always a great one! We hope to welcome you back to Hotel FIVE in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My first stay in Seattle. I am glad I chose Hotel 5 to call home for 5 days. I arrived 4 hours before check-in and I was allowed to check in early. The room was comfortable - the bed and pillows were very comfy, clean and had all the amenities needed - iron, hair dryer, safe, coffee maker. Decor was nice but not luxe - think WestElm/Ikea. The room was on the 4th over looking the street/monorail - minimal street noise heard. Though my room was right outside the soda and Ice machine -- Other guests can be noisy with ice. Location was good for sightseeing. Half way between everything. All the staff was very nice and helpful! The cupcakes were a great treat!!

A few slight cons: Very dark in the bathroom, especially over the sink. Only 1 outlet in the room -- so bring an adapter if you need to charge a laptop, tablet camera, ipod, etc at the same time. I had to unplug the lamp in order to charge all 2 of my devices. A nice TV in the room -- but channel selection was awful -I put that on DirectTV.

Very few Inexpensive Dinner Restaurant Choices close by. The hotel restaurant is only open through lunch. Most of the other places are very expensive or closed by 5pm. Even the closest starbucks ran out of the salads/sandwiches by 7pm. Fresh Eats (indian)- across the street was fantastic! But I feel you have to go downtown or the Seattle Center - which also closes at 8pm.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Hi LP,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thanks for the great pictures!! We love guest photos!! Just for future reference, all of our table lamps have an outlet on the base for easy charging, sometimes these are easily overlooked.
We site right on the cusp of our Belltown neighborhood which is full of restaurants, cafes, pubs and bars that have great menus and are open late. I'm sorry if our team didn't point you in the direction to what you were looking for.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I can't say enough how much we enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Five. The location is ideal (five blocks away from the Light Rail from the airport; 7-8 blocks away from the EMP Museum and the Space Needle) and right smack dab in the middle of downtown Seattle. Not only were we allowed to check-in early, the staff was very hands-on and helpful in making restaurant suggestions and securing shuttle service for us (thanks so much Skye -- you rock!). Additionally, our rooms were nice, the bathroom was spacious and the cupcakes and coffee each evening was the perfect pick-me-up. The only nitpick I can say is the fact that the wifi didn't work for my laptop, there was no waste basket in the bathroom, and there was a big college football game going on so a lot of other hotel guests were less-than-polite and proceeded to break the 3rd floor elevator button on our last day there.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter experience don't choose a street-facing room as the elevated monorail runs by it every ten minutes.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Skrecke,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your kind comments in regards to our staff especially Skye! If your travels bring you back to the Seattle area, we hope to welcome you back to Hotel FIVE! Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.