“Perfect Spot in the Heart of Emerald City”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
New York City, New York
“Perfect Spot in the Heart of Emerald City”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I can't say enough how much we enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Five. The location is ideal (five blocks away from the Light Rail from the airport; 7-8 blocks away from the EMP Museum and the Space Needle) and right smack dab in the middle of downtown Seattle. Not only were we allowed to check-in early, the staff was very hands-on and helpful in making restaurant suggestions and securing shuttle service for us (thanks so much Skye -- you rock!). Additionally, our rooms were nice, the bathroom was spacious and the cupcakes and coffee each evening was the perfect pick-me-up. The only nitpick I can say is the fact that the wifi didn't work for my laptop, there was no waste basket in the bathroom, and there was a big college football game going on so a lot of other hotel guests were less-than-polite and proceeded to break the 3rd floor elevator button on our last day there.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter experience don't choose a street-facing room as the elevated monorail runs...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Skrecke,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your kind comments in regards to our staff especially Skye! If your travels bring you back to the Seattle area, we hope to welcome you back to Hotel FIVE! Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My first trip to seattle and the location was perfect. We took the light rail in from the airport and only had a couple of blocks to walk. We could walk to most attractions, shopping, food and easily hail a cab when we were going a little farther. The staff was really friendly and helpful recommending places to eat. The room was mostly great with a few minor disappointments. The good... it was really clean, great style, cute amenities like the umbrella, and free wifi is always great. The not-so-good... the bathroom had little tiny shelves to hold toiletries and no bathtub, but it seemd like there was a lot of unused space, there was no mini-fridge, the bed and pillows weren't noticeably awesome, and one day our room didn't get cleaned before returned around 4pm. Overall though I would really recommend Hotel Five!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi Gayle H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review and for choosing Hotel Five for your first trip to Seattle! I'm glad you found our hotel centrally located and that our team was helpful in giving you directions and recommendations.
We hope to see you again soon!

Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel 5 during my first trip to Seattle. I've wanted to visit Seattle for years, and I finally made it there recently when I wrapped up business travel in OR. When I checked into Hotel 5, I was told that I was upgraded to "the nicest room in the place." I was so excited! When I stepped into my room, it was huge! It could have been someone's apartment. There was a living room with a couch, sofa, wall-mounted flat screen and coffee tables; a spacious bedroom with two comfy chairs, a king-sized bed and wall-mounted flat screen; and a lovely bathroom. I was in heaven! In addition, there was a complimentary umbrella in my room for use during my stay. While at Hotel 5, I ate at the restaurant on the premises, and the food was delicious, and the service was great. Plus, the hotel is in the perfect location. I was right in the middle between the Space Needle and Pike Place Fish Market - about 5 blocks from each. And it was easy to reserve and take the hotel shuttle to the attractions when I did not want to walk. I highly recommend Hotel 5 for anyone looking to stay in Seattle. If I ever head back to the city, I'd love to stay there again. Also, I got a great rate! The hotel has a fall promotion going - 15% off - so I stayed in that huge room for $148 a night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hello Melissa D,

Thank you for the great review! I love that you enjoyed Seattle so much and that you chose us to be a part of that. I'm also glad you liked our Urban Suite, who doesn't like a comp upgrade!? :)

We'd love to have you back if you find yourself in Seattle again!

Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived here on Wed 9/25 after an 8 hr train ride hoping to check in early and the hotel was able and very willing to accommodate us. We were able to freshen up and begin our tour of the city. The staff was very knowledgeable and gave some great advice on where to go and when. Our room faced an office building but it was no big deal as we weren't there to sit in our room. The room 312 was very clean and the beds were comfortable and plenty of pillows. We had no noise problems and the hotel was pretty full. The bath towels were a nice thickness and a good size, like you were at home. The complementary water and coffee/teas were a plus, along with the afternoon cupcakes in the lobby. The hotel is located in walking distance to most tourist attractions, slight warning if you walk down to the waterfront area its easy going down but its a steep climb up the hill on your way back. The light rail is close as well if you want to go to the stadiums or even to the airport. There are multiple restaurants in the area of the hotel, great food and priced reasonably. We ate at Icon Grill on 5th about 3 blocks down from hotel at the recommendation of a staff member and it was very good. The staff made a point to acknowledge you when you entered the lobby, they arranged for the shuttle when we needed it and also arranged for a car to pick us up when we checked out on Sat. Overall it was a great stay and when we return we will stay at Hotel Five again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peg F
Dear Peg F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and all the Hotel Five has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Londra
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent one day/ night at this hotel. We were offered an early check in as the room was already available which was great. The room faced the sky train which was a bit nosy, we could also hear people from other rooms during the night which was a bit annoying but nothing too bad. The bathroom is very nice, quite spacious and clean. The location is good, being about 10 minutes walk from Pike place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear TheDivingFoodie,

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad that we were able to accommodate an early check in for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming your back in the future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

On arrival the desk staff were informative, attentive and gave us answers to questions we asked about shuttles to attractions, internet access, locations of services etc. The room was very substantial and the queen bed was luxurious ( as we had spent the previous two nights in a sleeper on the Amtrak train). Lighting was a little dull. Tea and coffee facilities expected were enjoyable, as was TV.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor overlooking car park which was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hi Marilyn E.,

I appreciate you taking the time give your feedback. I’m pleased to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was very helpful to you. We love sending our guests to all of our favorite places around the city!

We do hope to welcome you back to Seattle in the future.

Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Yes, the walls are thin. Yes, the free high-speed-wifi is not very fast. Yes, you can not open open the windows. Yes, there is a construction site around the corner. Yes, the climatisation is a bit poor. Yes, my mattress was too soft and too noisy. I recognized a small spot of mold in the corner of the bedroom.
But, the staff is really nice and helpful. It is a perfect location between downtown the and space needle. Lots of nice restaurants around. The furniture is nice and not from Ikea. Everything in the room is perfectly clean. I appreciate the free coffee/tea as well as the free water in the room.
I travel frequently and see lots of hotel rooms around the world. Hotel Five is nevertheless a bright spot compared to other places.
From my point of view I can recommend a stay! I will be back next year,
But please take care of the small mold spots and the matresses!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hi Madshrimp,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We use these comments to better our hotel and the service for our guests, so I thank you for your notes. Please know that all items have been addressed.
We look forward to seeing you again next year!