“I LOVE Hotel 5!”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel 5 during my first trip to Seattle. I've wanted to visit Seattle for years, and I finally made it there recently when I wrapped up business travel in OR. When I checked into Hotel 5, I was told that I was upgraded to "the nicest room in the place." I was so excited! When I stepped into my room, it was huge! It could have been someone's apartment. There was a living room with a couch, sofa, wall-mounted flat screen and coffee tables; a spacious bedroom with two comfy chairs, a king-sized bed and wall-mounted flat screen; and a lovely bathroom. I was in heaven! In addition, there was a complimentary umbrella in my room for use during my stay. While at Hotel 5, I ate at the restaurant on the premises, and the food was delicious, and the service was great. Plus, the hotel is in the perfect location. I was right in the middle between the Space Needle and Pike Place Fish Market - about 5 blocks from each. And it was easy to reserve and take the hotel shuttle to the attractions when I did not want to walk. I highly recommend Hotel 5 for anyone looking to stay in Seattle. If I ever head back to the city, I'd love to stay there again. Also, I got a great rate! The hotel has a fall promotion going - 15% off - so I stayed in that huge room for $148 a night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hello Melissa D,

Thank you for the great review! I love that you enjoyed Seattle so much and that you chose us to be a part of that. I'm also glad you liked our Urban Suite, who doesn't like a comp upgrade!? :)

We'd love to have you back if you find yourself in Seattle again!

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived here on Wed 9/25 after an 8 hr train ride hoping to check in early and the hotel was able and very willing to accommodate us. We were able to freshen up and begin our tour of the city. The staff was very knowledgeable and gave some great advice on where to go and when. Our room faced an office building but it was no big deal as we weren't there to sit in our room. The room 312 was very clean and the beds were comfortable and plenty of pillows. We had no noise problems and the hotel was pretty full. The bath towels were a nice thickness and a good size, like you were at home. The complementary water and coffee/teas were a plus, along with the afternoon cupcakes in the lobby. The hotel is located in walking distance to most tourist attractions, slight warning if you walk down to the waterfront area its easy going down but its a steep climb up the hill on your way back. The light rail is close as well if you want to go to the stadiums or even to the airport. There are multiple restaurants in the area of the hotel, great food and priced reasonably. We ate at Icon Grill on 5th about 3 blocks down from hotel at the recommendation of a staff member and it was very good. The staff made a point to acknowledge you when you entered the lobby, they arranged for the shuttle when we needed it and also arranged for a car to pick us up when we checked out on Sat. Overall it was a great stay and when we return we will stay at Hotel Five again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peg F

Dear Peg F,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and all the Hotel Five has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent one day/ night at this hotel. We were offered an early check in as the room was already available which was great. The room faced the sky train which was a bit nosy, we could also hear people from other rooms during the night which was a bit annoying but nothing too bad. The bathroom is very nice, quite spacious and clean. The location is good, being about 10 minutes walk from Pike place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear TheDivingFoodie,

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad that we were able to accommodate an early check in for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming your back in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

On arrival the desk staff were informative, attentive and gave us answers to questions we asked about shuttles to attractions, internet access, locations of services etc. The room was very substantial and the queen bed was luxurious ( as we had spent the previous two nights in a sleeper on the Amtrak train). Lighting was a little dull. Tea and coffee facilities expected were enjoyable, as was TV.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor overlooking car park which was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Hi Marilyn E.,

I appreciate you taking the time give your feedback. I’m pleased to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was very helpful to you. We love sending our guests to all of our favorite places around the city!

We do hope to welcome you back to Seattle in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Yes, the walls are thin. Yes, the free high-speed-wifi is not very fast. Yes, you can not open open the windows. Yes, there is a construction site around the corner. Yes, the climatisation is a bit poor. Yes, my mattress was too soft and too noisy. I recognized a small spot of mold in the corner of the bedroom.
But, the staff is really nice and helpful. It is a perfect location between downtown the and space needle. Lots of nice restaurants around. The furniture is nice and not from Ikea. Everything in the room is perfectly clean. I appreciate the free coffee/tea as well as the free water in the room.
I travel frequently and see lots of hotel rooms around the world. Hotel Five is nevertheless a bright spot compared to other places.
From my point of view I can recommend a stay! I will be back next year,
But please take care of the small mold spots and the matresses!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hi Madshrimp,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We use these comments to better our hotel and the service for our guests, so I thank you for your notes. Please know that all items have been addressed.
We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Ideal location. Easy walk to downtown museums and galleries, Pike Place market, and Seattle Center, with many good restaurants nearby. Attentive service, pleasant room, great mattress. Monorail runs right by the window, but it's electric and quiet. Louder are the housekeepers in the morning and guests slamming doors. For $225 I'd want it quieter, but paid about half that through Olotel so I'm not complaining.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WIllied425

Hi Wlllied425,

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review of Hotel Five!! We're very pleased you enjoyed our team and found our location convenient to attractions and restaurants.
Please know that you can always call us directly for reservations and we'll match any rate advertised online as well 1-866-866-7977

Thanks again!

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean hotel in Seattle. Walking distance to everything. All decor is new. They upgraded our room to a king suite for free. I was very impressed with the size of the room and the amenities in the room. There was a separate living room. The views from the room were nice also.

Cons- The bathroom walls are virtually see through. There is glass that obscures but you can see outlines of whomever is in the bathroom.
The water pressure is very low.
The water temperature is low.

Overall, a great room.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Nev K

Hi Nev K,

Thank you for the great review! We're very pleased you enjoyed the comp up-grade to one of our Urban Suite rooms.
We would love to welcome you back again if you find yourself in the PNW!