“Love this hotel”

Ranked #28 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Melbourne, Australia
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Been so far to San Francisco,Vancouver & Seattle and this has been my favourite hotel so far love the look (of the hotel and rooms) and the staff can't say I'm enjoying the city (but that's a different story)
If you are coming to Seattle I'd recommend this be your hotel of choice

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter G
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Peter G,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry Seattle as a whole didn't meet your needs, but I am happy to see that Hotel FIVE was able to make up for some of what Seattle was missing for you. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
NEW YORK CITY
Reviewed August 3, 2013

All the good things written in reviews are correct and are all the reasons why I booked and stayed in this hotel recently. One thing that I should have commented in the survey is that over three days, I noticed that our mugs, cups and ice buckets were not cleaned each day. Very interesting and strange because everything else seemed clean and in order but for some reason a glass or a mug would be obviously left uncleared. Other than this oversight, hotel five is a very laid back, unassuming place to check in and stay without any hassles.

Hi NYCAnonymous_8,

I am glad to hear that you had a good experience with us! That is a little strange that each day the mugs, cups and ice bucket were not cleaned and I will be sure to follow up with our housekeeping department to ensure their compliance. We appreciate you taking this as an oversight and that it did not burden your stay in a negative way. Thanks again for taking the time to review us! We hope to see you again!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our one night pre-cruise stay. Hotel has nice boutique feel with funky, urban vibe. We previously stayed at their sister property, The Maxwell, in Queen Anne, but I liked this hotel better due to its proximity to downtown retail, Pike Place Market, etc. Staff is super accommodating and helpful. Nice touches include the free bikes, pineapple cupcakes and in room Keurigs!

There are two good late night dining options right up the street: Tom Douglas' Palace Kitchen and the Icon Grill which has a nice late night happy hour
menu. But best of all hotel is next door to Top Pot Doughnuts-- lovely hand forged treats and coffee.

I would stay again, reason why I gave room 4 star was because bed was bit too firm for my taste but that's just a personal preference.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ann572
Hi An N,

Location is everything when planning a vacation and I am glad you found our hotel to be perfectly situated for your trip to Seattle. I apologize that the mattress was a little hard to your liking and on a better note the hotel has recently begun replacing mattresses with brand new ones!! Be sure to check out our hotel's website for the latest deals and travel news for Hotel FIVE.

brooklyn
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel was a good price for the location. Nothing fancy. Friendly staff. Average room. OK for a 1-2 night stay with two kids...a little small. Wouldn't have wanted to stay there longer. Nice bathroom. Short walk to Pike's Market and Space Needle. So, again...good for the price. And if I were traveling as a couple or for work would be nice/fine.

Beds a little hard for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank photodaisy
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I recently were in Seattle for 6 days on vacation and had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Five in Seattle. The friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the room, and very cool décor helped to make our stay very enjoyable. The hotel is located perfectly to the many attractions. We were able to save cab fare ($80.00 round trip) and take the light rail from the airport to our hotel. (it was a short walk from the station to get there). Our room was ready early and we were able to check in @ 11:30 a.m. The room was decorated with beautiful art work and the bathroom shower was very cool. (large walk in glass door shower with Tommy Bahama soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers.) We were able to get around Seattle by mostly walking or taking the monorail, ferries, water taxi etc. Seattle has great public transportation! The cupcakes were delicious and the café in the hotel had exceptional food for breakfast. Great way to start your day.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor which helped with downtown morning rush hour traffic noise
1 Thank Carol M
Hi Carol M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel FIVE! I am happy that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. I will be sure to pass along to the front desk staff your kind remarks. Housekeeping works very hard and I am glad we were able to get you checked in early as well! Be sure to give us a call directly next time you’re in the Seattle area for great deals for our return guests!!

Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The room for our three night stay was small, but we spent very little time in our room. We had no complaints about our room. The staff was extremely friendly...including a little friendly heckling. (We were in town to see the Rangers play.) Our kids enjoyed the cupcakes in the lobby. It was a great room for the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank OKTravel74074
HI OKTravel74074,

Seattle is a known for its sports fans; leave it to our front desk staff for some friendly heckling! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us though you found the room a little small. We like to say cozy! Our afternoon cupcake reception is one of our favorite times of the day too, so we are glad your children enjoyed it as well. Hopefully we have an opportunity to welcome you back next time the Rangers are in town!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is one of several properties owned by the Pineapple Group. It's kitchy to say the least, decorated in a style that is out-dated IKEA-esque, low-quality fixtures, etc. The wooden floors in the room are a nice touch but the rooms are exceedingly small. Great shower. Nice cupcakes in the lobby in the afternoon. Other folks said the in-house restaurant was good but it's such a short walk to Pike's Market and lots of great restaurants, why would you use it? If we had known better, we wouldn't have taken our travel agent's suggestion to stay here; the neighborhood smells of urine and there are street bums everywhere you turn. Stay in another part of town.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
Hi Theprguy,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize that your experience was less than you expected. I understand that the hotel's decor may not be to everyone's liking but I'm glad you did enjoy some of what we have to offer.
We always try to use our guest's comments to better our hotel and the service of our guests so once again I thank you for your time and this opportunity. If there is anything else I may do please give me a call directly at 206-770-7146.