“Lovely Seattle Boutique Hotel in Excellent Central Location”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hotel Five is a modern boutique hotel that boasts an excellent location in central Seattle. Walking distance to just about everything. We walked to the Pike Market in about 10 minutes and then to the local cinema - which was also about 15 minutes. Close to Ralphs Grocery store and Deli - which is open until early am - and many other attractions. Decor is a tad loud - bright red in the bedroom - which is not completely restful.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street; it wasn't too noisy but I think that it might be best to be on...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank EKRICHES
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

EKRICHES
Thanks for your detailed review of our hotel. I’m pleased you found our hotel to be in the perfect location for the needs of your trip.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon; please call us directly if we may help you with any reservations! 866-866-7977

There are newer reviews for Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to Seattle for a night to see a musical at the theater a few blocks from Hotel Five Seattle. We enjoyed the funky atmosphere and decorations and received good service. The cafe was really good and reasonably priced. We enjoyed playing a game (that we brought) in the lobby for a while after check-out before heading to the theater (we headed up the day before the show).

We were able to leave our car in the parking garage the whole weekend and walked everywhere including Pike Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, the 5th Avenue Theater and the Space Needle. We were however disappointed in the parking garage, especially for the extra $15 charge, as the spaces were so small that we almost got blocked in. Fortunately the owners of the vehicle that parked next to us were at their car when we were ready to leave or else we would have had to crawl through the back hatch of our minivan and over two rows of seats to get out of our parking space.

Room Tip: Our room was right on the monorail line, but it was so quiet we didn't hardly even hear it. But...
2  Thank A_Ford75

A_Ford75
I’m happy to see you enjoyed your musical theater weekend and that we could be a part of the fun. The 5th Avenue rooms facing the monorail are some of my favorites, I’m glad you enjoyed it as well. I am sorry the parking was a little tight for you.
We do look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Convenient location in downtown Seattle. Very clean rooms, comfortable bedding and nice amenities. The colors are very "noisy" throughout the hotel. The pineapple cupcakes that are served in the lobby each afternoon are delicious and a nice touch at the end of a rainy dreary day in Seattle. The hotel was chosen as a wedding guest destination over Christmas by our daughter who was married in Snohomish. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast at Max's cafe was always delicious and offered very large portions.

3  Thank ckehrhart
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

ckehrhart
First and foremost, congratulations to you and your family on the wedding. Thank you for choosing our hotel and writing a review. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your time here and our signature Pineapple Cupcakes.
If your find yourself coming to Seattle again we would love to help with your reservation, please call us directly at 866-866-7977.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I would probably say, more like 3.5 stars. 2.5-3 stars for front desk receptionists, 4 stars for the room.

Pros:
I liked the decor of the room (very modern), and the free internet service was excellent. The room has a good amount of space, but there was no tub. Shower only. It is conveniently located to major attractions, though at this time, it is pretty noisy amidst a few construction-related activities nearby. I appreciate the Starbucks coffee and the cupcakes they have complimentary in the lobby in the afternoon. The hotel lobby decor is also nice. I also found out, from overhearing other guests that there are bikes available for use, free of charge. Front desk never told us that. We didn’t use it though since it was raining the whole time we were there (What a surprise!? It’s Seattle!). Reasonably priced for the area.

Cons:
I liked the place, but my biggest gripe was with the front desk people. I just felt that, collectively, they did not appear to make guests feel special and/or appreciated. When I was booking the room, I mentioned to the lady that online, a special rate was featured for a 3rd night free when booking 3 consecutive nights. She needed to ask someone several times how to find that on her computer. Then, I was explaining what it said online, she responded something along the lines of, 'maybe you should just book it online, if it's cheaper.' Several minutes later, she was able to figure it out, and I was able to make reservations over the phone. When we checked-in, she was nice, not very friendly, but she did her work. When we arrived at our room, the view in the room wasn't the best. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but we called just to check whether there was another room available. The lady at the front desk replied, 'the computer assigned that room, I can't change it right now, but you can check at 10am tomorrow, if you want.' It wasn't that big of a deal, and we just decided to stay in the room during the rest of our stay. After 3 nights, we decided to stay an extra night in the city. We asked the front desk guy what the best rate available they had, he gave the rack rate. Then, we asked about AAA discount, then he looked it up and said that AAA discount was possible. Then, we found out that Hotels.com had a price that was lower and asked whether they could price match. The guy at the desk said that they didn't take rates from 3rd parties. We let it go and paid the AAA price, even though in retrospect, I noticed on the email sent to me from the hotel, it stated that hotel guarantees best rates. Overall, though the stay itself was decent, I felt that the people at the front desk only tried to be friendly enough to get through the day. I know that I was looking for deals and a better value, but I wasn’t being rude to them or demanding. I was made to feel like they didn’t care if I stayed at the hotel or not.

I cannot comment on the fitness room equipment since I didn't get to use it, but the fitness room appeared very tiny with only 3 or so machines. But at least it’s available, if you need to work out.

Conclusion:
If visiting Seattle again, I might look at other places first. If I end up staying at Hotel Five again, I will try to limit my interaction with the front desk people.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dee_C_2010
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Dee_C_2010,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize that your experience was so lack luster. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly, if you are open to that please call me directly at 206-770-7146.
Once again thank you for your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Five with my parents in early December. Just went down to Seattle to do some xmas shopping.
We were pleasantly surprised.
The location is perfect: right in between Seattle Centre and downtown.
Staff were super friendly - and not in fake way. I asked for more face cloths and they were sent up within 5 mins!
Parking on site is super convenient and for $15, it's competitive with other hotels around.

The room was great. I really REALLY liked the laminate flooring. Hotel carpets are always so dingy and dirty - this looked super clean. I believe the rooms were recently reno'd as they were spotless.
It was a bit noisy late at night when the bar crowd came in, but not a huge deal.
Free wifi - nice.

The only con - and it's a small one, would be the lack of towel racks and hooks. There wasn't really anywhere to put clothes when you were in the shower and what not. Maybe this was only an issue because there were three of us.

They also have a gym and a cafe, but we didn't try them. Next time!

Would definitely go back again.

2  Thank EBella

Hi EBella,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you got in some great shopping before the holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel has the new age design to the rooms. Parking under the motel is a good price $15 for twenty-four hours. Max's Cafe off of the lobby has good portion sizes and tasty breakfast and lunch food open 7am - 1:30pm.
The rooms have Keurig coffee makers and Tommy Bahama bath products in dispensers on the wall with a nice bathroom design and feel. However, the floors in the bedroom and bathroom are really cold in the winter and the noise from the other rooms is a bit much. But for the price and decor downtown Seattle it's a good deal. Always bring earplugs when traveling.

Room Tip: Top floor in the corner, or a room without a guest next door.
2  Thank Angela K
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Angela K,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to help with travel plans the next time you're in Seattle, call us directly to see what promotions we may have going at that time 866-866-7977.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here Dec 18-19, 2012. Time didn't allow use of the stay two get one free promotion but there is a generous AAA discount of about $15.00 that helps considerably. This Hotel is easy to find and well placed for some urban exploration. Seattle center (Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, etc) is just a blocks away as are the shopping corridors (Nordstroms, etc) and Pike Market. The light rail terminates at Westlake Center and the Hotel is only a 3 block walk from there so we also liked the easy access catching the train back to Pioneer Square to get on the Ferry. We were greeted immediately upon arrival and even though we arrived 2 hours before check in time we were able to get situated right away. The room was large, spotless and very comfortable. The only down side is what a few others have mentioned, namely the beds are a bit soft and creaky but in no way did that detract from a very good experience. The staff was friendly and very helpful at all times. We choose Hotels based on a balance of price, location and personality and were not disappointed on any of those points.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! Glad to see our location worked out so well for you and that we were able to check you in early. Please call us directly to make any future reservations, we would love to help 866-866-7977.