“A for Average”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I was hoping for a sleek modern experience but Hotel Five was mostly bad art with a lot of 5s...
The front desk guy Riley had great customer service but frankly there's no bar or nothing that cool near the hotel & the hotel offers No Amenities. Parking cost $15 and the wifi as others have stated, is horrible. Didn't even turn on the TV. No view. Hotel Five is a whole lotta nothin.
The room offered a sleek-looking bathroom but not all that functional for my Big Guy Hubs- it's just on the smallish side and hard to maneuver if you're a 6'3" dude. Exception- nice shower. The loud & flush-blasting toilet was obnoxious & felt like u were sitting on a jet plane. Terrible.
I didn't see any other guests (not shocking) but I did hear a few doors slam. Didn't try the restaurant cuz I felt like $170 for an average room & $15 for parking was enough for one establishment. Happily I get to write-off this hotel experience on my work tab but no way I'd go back for a personal trip.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank bexnate
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear bexnate,

Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, no matter how difficult it is to read. We strive to continuously improve our services and amenities and will take your comments to heart. Thanks so much for pointing out the service you received from Riley. We're proud of our team members and will pass your compliments on.

We're truly sorry that your experience at our hotel was not what we intended. If I may be of any service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at mbaumann@staypineapple.com.

In the meantime, all the very best!

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

A wonderful alternative to the standard business hotel: hardwood floors, interesting artwork, sliding painted glass doors on the first floor, parking right on the site. Delicious coffee (of course) and tiny cupcakes in the lobby at the end of the day. Very helpful desk staff: recommended a simply delicious lunch restaurant close by, and a good dinner restaurant on the water. Very convenient to rapid transit (right under the monorail, which is essentially silent) and the waterfront.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be well sound-proofed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear JasonM_1960,

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay! Moreover, we're so pleased that you enjoyed yourself while visiting Seattle! We hope to welcome you to our hotel again! In the meantime, all the very best!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel was mediocre..The staff was nice but I found the hotel to be situated in a deep construction zone. It was very noisy. My internet barely worked which I find unacceptable in 2012. The front desk said that it was because my room was the farthest from the elevator. In any case, I could not work from my hotel room which did not make me happy. The room was clean but the bed spread really needed to be refreshed or thrown out...Ok for the value but I would not stay her again.

Room Tip: Get a room by the elevator if you want internet service.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear tizzylish65,

Thank you for your review. Our guests' feedback, no matter how difficult it is to read, is very helpful for us as we strive to increase our service levels in all areas. Thank you for taking the time to give us your impressions of your stay. We're sorry to read that you would choose not to come back.

We agree that the shoddy internet service you experienced is unacceptable. We are very close to having a significant and final correction to this issue.

Thanks once again for your candor and if I may be of any service to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at mbaumann@staypineapple.com

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while in town for a wedding. Great location for walking everywhere and only a few blocks from the link. We loved the fresh clean rooms and fond our king room to be nice and roomy. We enjoyed a delicious chicken fried steak waffle sandwich, I highly recommend!
The top pot doughnut shop across the street was a bonus too!

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Lyndsey88!

So happy that your time with us a memorable one! We like chicken fried steak and waffles....we love them together on one plate! So glad that you agree! We hope to welcome you back soon!
In the meantime, all the very best from Seattle!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Definitely recommend this hotel for city visits.
Great location and very cool decor - definitely better than the usual chain hotel we have stayed in a million times.
Rooms felt unique and bathroom was fab.
We walked from the airport train and only took about 5mins.
Loved it all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello lauraj82!

Thank you so much for your review and accolades about your stay with us.
Being a resident of the UK, we hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us in Seattle again!
Thanks again for your glowing feedback!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Smelly room, crappy internet, parking spots are incredibly tight too. The staff was sometimes helpful, at other times not so much. When asked if it’s safe around area response was, “Well…. Yeah, I guess.” But for the price, it is a decent location. Recommend it if no other option available.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank PriscilaV390

Dear PriscilaV,

Thanks for giving us your feedback. We're sorry that your experience in our hotel was not what we strive for on a daily basis. I am very concerned at the response you received from our staff. Needless to say, this feedback allows us to re-train and educate our team in delivering the appropriate responses our guests deserve and should expect.

If I may be of service to you personally, please do no t hesitate to contact me at mbaumann@staypineapple.com. Thanks once again for your review of our property.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

pleasant and efficient staff...free Starbucks coffee and cupcakes on lobby area...free use of desktop computer at lobby area...centrally located to Space Needle and Pike Place and museums....very clean modern rooms....will definitely return on next trip to Seattle..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear AMLC,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff! We're delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Yours in hospitality,