“Hotel Five in Seattle” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Fort Myers, FL
“Hotel Five in Seattle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We spent two days at the Hotel Five Seattle. We rode the light rail in from the airport and easily walked the few blocks from the Westlake station to the hotel. We were greeted and checked in very quickly. The room was comfortable and spacious. We had a view of the space needle from our window. The decor was bright and different, we kind of liked something different and new. We enjoyed the Tommy Bahama products. We did not have a car. We used the Light Rail to go to a Mariners game, it was convenient and safe. We also rode the monorail to the Space Needle. The reception desk stowed our luggage for us while we waited for a ride to the cruise terminal. They also called and secured our taxi for that trip. We did not eat at the hotel so can't speak to that. This hotel fit our needs to a tee, and we would stay there again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Korean first
milford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

We chose the hotel for it's central location, price special, and reviews, but were a little concerned that we wouldn't care for the decor.
We were very pleasantly surprised. The htel is very attractive, good breakfast restaurant, excellent service and amenities. It's about 5 blocks from where the Light Railroad from the airport ends, so very convenient, and within walking distance of most attractions.

Room Tip: The back of the building is quieter.
1 Thank vinniedog20
, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your review!

We're delighted that your travels brought you to Seattle and that your research brought you to our hotel! We hope to welcome you back in the not-so-distant-future!

In the meantime, all the very best!

Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I am writing this as I check out after 2 nights in a 2 queen room. i come to Seattle about 3 - 4 times a year and am still looking for my home away from home and this hotel is almost but not quite

Location and Parking -5 - Location is excellent with monorail and transit right outside the front door, 10 minute walk to Pike Place Market and 10 minutee walk in opposite direction to Seattle Centre (which is Science Center and Space needle)

Rooms - 4 - are an adequate size and impeccably clean, the decor is just bright enough to be cheerful but not overwhelming - I do wish you had an inbetween from wide open window and blackout blinds as you either allow people to look directly into your room or you have to shut out all natural light

Beds - 3 - I found the bed too hard and the coverlet felt unwashed to me. I asked for a mattress topper however they don't carry them. Pillows were great - big fluffy and four of them :)

Bathroom - 3 is lovely and clean. I really loved the soothing grey walls, white tile and green glass and the rainhead shower. I was very disappointed when I ran a bath to realize that the tub which looks liks a soaker tub is in fact only about 6 inches deep :( . Shower curtain is too short and water floods the floor in the shower. Soap and shampoo dispensers are excellent and waste free with Tommy Bahama products but they missed out on little things lke towel hooks and cotton swabs

Other Amenities - 3 - they thought of many conveniences - a hairdryer, an umbrella, an ironing board and iron and an in room safe as well as a Keurig coffee machine, which is great but not in a paper cup. There was no glassware - no water glasses or coffee mugs - only paper cups and for a "green" hotel I was disappointed. I hate paper cups.

Max's Restaurant - 5 open until 7:30am - 1:30pm - can order breakfast or lunch during this time and we ate there both mornings. Service was top notch and so was the food. Very few places can cook an omelette perfectly (IMO) and mine was perfect - eggs just cooked not scorched. Lovely and I would highly recommend this place to start your day - reasonable prices as well - my 5 cheese omelette was about $9

Front Desk staff and housekeeping - 4 - super friendly and made check in easy. Our reservation was mixed up and we had only one queen bed which I said would not do for my son and I to share (lol) so he upgraded us and waived the upgrade charge. I did not like housekeeping knocking on my door at 8:15am - maybe they could have a list of early checkouts so they don't wake people on holidays. As I said earlier - the rooms were impeccably clean

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DebiHarp
Thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences during your stay. We appreciate the care and thought you put into your review!

Thank you for pointing out the service of our staff, it really makes them feel good to have their hard work recognized by our guests! We will pass on your kudos to the team.

We agree with you about the missing cups and glasses.... we hate paper cups too! As I type, our ceramic mugs and glassware are steaming toward Seattle on a freighter! We look forward to our guests enjoying a hot cup of coffee in their room, from a ceramic mug rather than cardboard!

Thanks again for takign the time to address your observations. We really appreciate it!
We hope to welcome you again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

-hard beds
-was put in handicap room but we do not have disabilities
No parking and we paid park at hotel

We were excpeting a lot more from this hotel but were very disappointed . I really didn't the monorail outside out window which seemed like ran all night. It was a great location and hopefully will better once the renovations are complete.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gorgeouzlady
, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for your response.

We're sorry that your impression of our newly-renovated property was not what we had hoped.
Please rest assured that the monorail, which passes along Fifth Avenue in front of our hotel, stops operating at 11:00pm.

Further, we are sorry you were charged for parking without actually being able to park your vehicle. Please contact me at mbaumann@staypineapple.com and I will be happy to work with you to have this charge reversed immediately.

We hope that you will choose us again. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

Oakland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were going to stay only one night in Seattle and need it 2 rooms. I could not find anything under $185 per room,around the downtown area, until I found Hotel Five. I think it was still above $150 but at least it was in a great location, fun design and very comfortable and newer rooms. It also has a nice lobby, and what it seems like a great breakfast place.
We rented a car because with 5 people is turn out to be cheaper than 2 taxis to/from airport. It was $15 for parking.
The buses are right there which are free within the downtown area from 7 to 7pm (?) but we walk to Pike place and the shopping area.
I will stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mariedda
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review!

We're delighted that you chose our hotel. We look forward to your return!
In the meantime, all the very best.

Cumbria, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were booked into this hotel as part of a package so didn't choose it for ourselves and weren't quite sure what to expect, but it was great. Super location for Pike Place Market and the Space Needle (we could see the Space needle from our window!) The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was superb - really thick, soft towels and nice soap, hand creams etc. Staff were very friendly and helpful and breakfast at Max's was good. Personally, I would have preferred some sort of curtain at the window rather than just the roller blind (I could see the occupants in the adjacent room - L shaped building) so they could obviously see me! The decor is a little wacky, but, Hey!, we were on holiday - it was bright and jolly! All in all a good place to stay and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 530 has a view of the Space Needle
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janet M
Ferrara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Hotel is located at 5th avenue and Blanchard st. just 5-10 minutes of walking distance from the attraction and the commercial area.
The Hotel crew is friendly and helpful if you need informations.
The room was nice and well furnished,the TV is big and the beds are comfortable.
The thing that I didn't like it was that the curtain of the shower is too short and if you are not extremly careful while showering you might get the floor of the bathroom all wet because of that.
Close to the hotel there is a wonderful place for doughnuts called Top Pot I would suggest you to try it :)
I would recommend this hotel for a visit to Seattle.....

2 Thank JackKerouac1922