“Nice stay”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The location of this hotel is great. We walked everywhere! The staff was less than friendly. Upon check in, the staff never said hello, smiled or even made eye contact. We had a double queen, space needle view room and it was great. The room was clean and spacious. I loved the amenities. The keurig coffee maker is a great plus, as well as the nice Tommy Bahama shamppo, conditioner, shower gel, hand soap, and lotion. I aslo liked the in umbrella that Hotel Five provided, We enjoyed the starbucks coffee and cupcakes in the evening. The beds were comfortable and the room was extremely quiet, I felt like we had the floor to ourselves. I was disappointed again with the staff when we checked out. They did not ask if we enjoyed our stay or even thanked us for staying at Hotel Five. Overall, a great hotel in a nice location. Staff could use some training in customer service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank floridabeam
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for your review!

We're very concerned with the perception we gave you upon your arrival. It runs counter to our culture of hospitality. We strive to make all guests feel welcome and personally attended to. It is clear that we missed the mark in your case. We are truly sorry for this impression we left.

I would like the opportunity to apologize personally. Please contact me at mbaumann@staypineapple.com at your leisure. In the meantime, thank you again for having taken the time to give us feedback. It is vital in our continuous improvement goals.

Marco Baumann
Managing Director

There are newer reviews for Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We booked through Orbitz saved some money I've stayed at Hilton's etc Hotel 5 is worth full price the modern deacor is a nice change from the cookie cutter chain hotels, and cupcakes in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank garymtb
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Location for downtown is OK. There are better located options around, but this one is reasonable ( 10 min walk to the main shopping area etc).

The design of the hotel is a bit too much… crazy colors and graphics everywhere… some people may think its cool, I felt it was really not tasteful

Room facing the main street and monorail line, very noisy. Try to avoid this side of the hotel. Trains passing in front of your window, and making a lot of noise in the room.

Room are good in size, have everything you may need.

Overall good hotel, if you get a really good rate. Otherwise, I have no good reasons to recommend it or not to ….

Room Tip: don't book a room facing 5th Ave. VERY noisy
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erannn

Thank you for your review.

We're sorry you did not enjoy the redesign of our hotel rooms. Our central location in Seattle comes with the trappings of obstructed views, car traffic and other interruptions. We hope to offer a quieter side of the hotel, should you choose to visit us again, which we hope.

In the meantime, all the very best and thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Marco Baumann
Managing Director

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I traveled to Seattle for a conference and was quite pleasantly surprised by the Hotel Five. The hotel was ultimately a fairly standard business hotel with all the usual amenities, but with a very unique extra flair. The hotel is decorated in a unique color scheme and had a vibrant energy. My room was reasonably spacious and similarly well decorated. The bathroom in particular was much nicer than I've come to expect for the price-range. The bed was perfectly acceptable, but unimpressive. Perhaps I was expecting better given the rest of the hotel.

I was mildly disappointed by the fitness center, which has obviously not received the same attention to detail as the rest of the hotel. Limited equipment meant I couldn't get in the full workout I had intended to do, and had to improvise with what they had. In particular, the floor is hard and uncomfortable, and there's no exercise mats to lie on. Minor concern of course, but if a quality gym is a selling point, Hotel Five has some work to do.

Room Tip: If you care, some rooms face the Space Needle. Not an amazing view, but it's pretty if you want...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EmDiamond
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Checked in late but was greeted promptly upon entry into the lobby and check-in was a breeze! I chose this hotel based on great reviews, location to downtown, and most importantly gratis wifi. I went up to my room which was a good size, with hardwood floors excellent lighting, and a great spacious bathroom with stand-up shower. The room has a very modern feel and the bed was very comfortable with out of this world pillows. A couple downsides to the room - it was overlooking the street which has the above ground rail line and a lovely view of the less desirables sleeping on the opposite sidewalk. I didn't hear a lot of street noise or the rail but I'm a sound sleeper and had a cross country flight, so others might have an issue. While the room was clean enough to my standards, there were some hairs in the sink and hanging off the newly folded hand towel by the sink. Those kind of things don't bother me, but again, they might others. The rest of the room was very very clean though, looked very new, and had ample power outlets, a Kuerig coffeemaker, iron, and even a big umbrella for use during your stay. My main complaint came when I tried to log onto the internet to do some work; this was a business trip afterall. No dice. I got connected, but the bandwidth was so slow that I couldn't load a single page. After 30 mintues I finally gave up. So much for the gratis wifi. One other issue I had was the back upper parking lot was a bit dark. I checked in pretty late and while I didn't feel uncomfortable I would have expected a little more light in the area for safety (parking is $15/day by the way.) All in all I loved the hotel. I thought it was hip, modern, perfect location downtown within a short walk to many attractions and restuarants, and despite all my points I'd give them another try.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kreskin2207
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hotel was great! Good location, super friendly staff, personal coffee maker in each room. They let us check in early (at 12 instead of 3) and you had free cupcakes in the evening. The room was small but cozy and had cable as well as everything you need. The hotel is small but it has everything you need and is right next to the space needle. There is also a Top Pot donuts a block away along with a liquor store and some good restaurants. For the value this cant be beat.

Room Tip: Request a view of the space needle!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank giabee
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, different, and more home like than hotel. The staff were all very nice and helpful in many ways. If you ask...its done.

Nice free extras were the daily bottles of water ($1.50 to $2.50 at other hotels I have been to) and the coffee's and tea's. The free shampoo/ conditioner/ shower gel and lotions were all finer quality than most hotels and were in dispensers instead of little bottles, this is a plus for those of us who hate those little caps. The bathroom had a rain shower head with water pressure!!! The toilet and tub were in a little bit of a separated area. The other area had a beautiful sink on one side and a great stand on the other that you could put your clothes on. They have a normal hairdryer, not one attached to the wall, an iron and ironing board, and the thickest, softest towels and wash clothes I have ever had in a hotel (or at my house!)

We were in room 230 and it was very quiet even though we were right over the parking lot and beside the rail train. I heard no outside noise at all. The beds were very comfortable. When you got into them it was like they hugged you but had great support. The bedding was very soft. The TV was a bright and clear flat screen that included 37 channels of Direct TV including Showtime. A relaxing chair with footstool was in the room and made it more home like. The deco was a refreshing change from most hotels. The included WiFi was fast and easy...no signing in every time you shut down. The alarm clock was one you could hook your Ipod touch into if you liked, was accurate, and the alarm was one that started soft and built in volume so you woke up gradually not startled.

We had one issue with the hotel and was taken care of right away. The A/C was working but not properly and would come on for 1 minute then shut off for 20 minutes. It made for a stuffy room. We thought it was its normal operation so didn't say anything until the morning and just suffered through the night. They had it fixed by the time we returned from our days outing. Had we mentioned it right away I am sure they would have had it fixed in minutes.

We ate at the restaurant the second day and had some issues. Just a bad day for them maybe but the steak sandwich my husband ordered had to be sent back 3 times due to them not cooking it completely (He ordered medium well and it came to him rare, then medium rare, then medium before the last time coming to him medium well) and the omelet I had ended up making me ill. The server apologized profusely but its just one of those things. NOTE: The cheese steak is not the thinly sliced beef kind of Cheese steak. It is a steak on a roll with cheese.

Area-
We easily walked to dining, Pikes Market, Museums, and Space Needle. NOTE: The rail is right next to the hotel but you can not get on it there. It only stops at the space needle and downtown, so you would need to walk the 4 blocks to the space needle to catch it to go downtown. We walked from the hotel to the underground buses, then from Smith tower to Pikes Market, then to Gameworks, and back to the hotel with ease...but I was tired after that day.

It would be possible if you are able bodied, not in a hurry, and dont have a lot of luggage... to walk to the underground airport train. Its about 5 blocks. Take note that the people of Washington think walking distance is 3/4 mile to 1 mile when they tell you "yes, it is in walking distance" and that some of the sidewalks in Seattle are very hilly.

I have photos of the hotel inside and out but it will not let me post them here (MAC) so just ask and I will send

Room Tip: 2nd floor space needle view was quiet and had a view of the needle midway up to the top. Higher up w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business