“First trip to Seattle!”

Ranked #28 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria, Canada
“First trip to Seattle!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Purchased a Groupon, which included a coupon for $25 towards food at Hotel Five! Was NOT disappointed. Hotel was great for access to downtown Seattle, the staff were friendly, helpful and approachable. Room was comfortable with a modern, funky design and our room had a view of the Space Needle. Breakfast was good as was the choice. Only hiccup, was in the early hours of Saturday morning, we did hear some "loud talking" for about 20 minutes. Not sure if it was other guests of changeover of staff! After a day pounding the streets of Seattle, we were too tired to complain! Overall, a great weekend exploring Seattle. Would definitely stay at Hotel Five again :o)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dena G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed May 25, 2012

After readaing varied reviews on this hotel I decided to stay here anyway. Although there was some city noise that came through the windows this hotel was very modern and clean. You could see its a reno of an older hotel but really funky and not your usual stock standard boring business hotel which was refreshing. The rooms were extremely comfortable and bathrooms large and modern. The down town location was perfect both for my meetings and places like Pike Pl Mkts and the Space Needle area. Both less than five mins walk. I would stay here again. Also thanks for the upgrade.

Room Tip: I had a king room not sure what other rooms were like.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan B
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We got an amazing rate on booking.com I would have gladly have paid more. The service was perfect, the room spotless and the location the best I have ever stayed in Seattle. So close to everything.
I was a bit concerned with the monorail being right there but it does not run all night and even when we heard it in the morning it barely was noticeable.
The lobby is awesome, very stylish.
The halls and common area are well designed.
the room itself was a HUGE surprise. It was much better than I was expecting and pictures reflect exactly what you get. I ussually find that the pictures are never as nice, and in this case it was a perfect representation. I loved the floor which is a nice change from rug found in 99.9 percent of hotels, that alone made it feel cleaner. I really loved the bathroom, the vanity area was nice and the shower was big and roomy. Only thing we never had bath gel in the shower at all and it was never filled up....mind you did not request it to be filled up as honestly it is not that big of a deal for a two night stay plus I had other stuff with me. The bed was a little hard but nothing I could not bare.

I love the pops of colour and the addition of the chair which was very nice.

I can see how some people might compare it to Ikea as the only thing I could see being an issue in the future is the dresser and counter top area. I can see that getting beat up over a year or two, that being said it is probably an easy thing to fix and replace with new laminate.

Would I stay here again...Absolutely and I am already researching dates for another trip.

The location was great walking distance to everything, shopping, the market and the needle if you so choose (this time we did not go to the needle) and it is very close to the best restaurant in Seattle called Barolo.

Only reason I don't give it a 5 star is that for me a 5 star has to be something over the top.

Wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluedenim
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Apart from the poor wifi connection in the room (we used the computer and printer in the hall), everything was fine in this hotel...although the monorail passes just in front, we never heard it at night and never disturbed us! Room and bathroom were both very clean and comfortable, with contemporary art paintings; liquid soap, shampoo and conditioner (with dispensers in the shower) were excellent; a large, yellow umbrella at disposal in the room proved very useful at the end of our stay, when it rained all day!
The cafeteria serves a delicious breakfast, but no espresso coffee (for this we went to Top Pot Doughnuts just across the street!). Every evening, free coffee and cupcakes for all customers!
We walked to downtown, Pike Market, Waterfront, and the Space Needle.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EmanuelaDC
Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Hotel Five is a newish, clean, modern, well-priced Hotel in the heart of Seattle. The location is great, and within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, Pike's Place Market, and the Space Needle. I was initially worried about the monorail right outside my window, but I honestly never heard it. The room was small, but clean with nice amenities. The front desk attendants were helpful and friendly. The gym was tiny, but adequate. I did have trouble with the Internet, but have talked to the hotel about that. apparently they are having some "growing pains" with the construction. Parking is $15 per day, but in line with other hotels in the area, and again, you can really walk anywhere, so I left my car in the tiny, cramped garage. As a girl from Texas used to big cars and large parking spots, it was a challenge to maneuver in and out of that garage, incentivizing me to walk as much as I could.
Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank greyros
Virginia
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I had never been to Seattle and were looking for a hotel with a good balance of location, comfort, and price, and we found it with the Hotel Five. We were able to very easily explore the city on foot. It is a safe walk to the Space Needle, Westlake, Pike Place Market, and the Waterfront. The only time we needed the train was to get to Safeco and the airport, but it was easy to catch it at Westlake. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, and the shower was huge! There was a little bit of construction across the street, but it never started getting loud before 10am. The staff was courteous and gave some good local restaurant suggestions. Booked online, and the price was reasonable and less than comparable hotels in the same area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigBillin
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel was fun and clean. The location wasn't the best, but the service was friendly. It was an easy walk to Westlake Center. The rooms were small, but that would be my only complaint. I got this hotel on a groupon deal so I did feel like the price was worth it. I wouldn't pay more than $100-$120, though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo