1,723 results
All reviewscupcakespineapplemax's cafespace needlegreat locationdonut shoptommy bahamawithin walking distancefunky decorfree bikespike place markethardwood floorscute hotelfree bottled waterevery afternooneuropean stylewould definitely stay here again
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here on a Groupon deal with breakfast voucher and it was well worth the money. Can hear everything from guest room door - not reallly through the walls.We moved rooms once, there was a group of a 20 something girls getting readiy to go out and had loud music and yelling, I was worried what 2:00 am would bring.
Front desk great and was ready with change for meters, and held packages we had delivered. Breakfast was delicious both mornings, even without voucher I would return. Internet easy to access.
Our (very cool) shade fell off the window, but was quickly fixed, seems like this had happened before. And while our room was clean, when I told a housekeeper at 10 am we would be leaving for the day she said it wasn't her room to clean. For some reason our room was not cleaned. Front desk sent up towels upon request when I told them room was skipped.
Artsy foreign group and 40-50 year olds were the type of guests that I saw in lobby and elevators.
Great location for shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Was told room 401 has only king bed. Facing street on 4th floor not a noise problem.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hayleycomet27
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The IKEA hotel…cheap quality is only the first of many problems. Wifi was so slow even after staff reset routers, had to go to cafe to get work done. There was vomit in the elevator the first night. Shower curtain was to short to fit in shower, leaving a huge puddle after every shower, bathroom shelf was falling off the wall, toilet paper rack was also falling off the wall leaving the paper to fall into the huge shower puddle. Maid starts vacuuming and SLAMMING doors at 9am every morning…so don't plan on sleeping in…it won't happen. Fake wood floors might have seemed like a good idea to the same guy who designed the decor, but this also make every conversation, television and neighboring sexy time crystal clear.(no privacy) Slowest 5 floor elevator in the city…better off taking the stairs. The cafe is so miss managed and poorly run don't expect to eat in a timely manner…35min later no food or reason so we were forced to leave in-order to make a flight without a meal. The only 2 things this hotel has going for it was the very sweet and friendly front desk girls and it's location…other then that don't waste your time or money there are dozens of hotels with-in a few blocks of this place for the same or better price and none of the problems.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Chris C
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Chris C,

We're very sorry that your stay with us resulted in the negative impressions you shared in your review. This is certainly not the experience we hope for our guests.

We agree that the wait you endured in the cafe is unacceptable and we will work with our team to correct this type of delay and lack of communication immediately. Your feedback about the routers on our guest room floors surprises us, as we have 11 WAPs per floor, for a total of 44. We will definitely investigate the signal problems. Our intention is to provide fast, secure internet access to all our guests in rooms and all public areas.

We're concerned about the state of disrepair in which you found the bathroom. We will correct all of the issues we find.

Our custom-made furniture is actually not from any retailer, but crafted from repurposed hotel furniture. We find it functional and aesthetically correct in our remodeled rooms, while reducing our carbon footprint by including recycled materials in our remodel. We're sorry you didn't care for the design, but rest assured, it is indeed commercial grade.

Thank you for the comments about our team's friendliness, we will be certain to pass them on to them. Thank you for all of your feedback in this review. We value the comments that help us continue in our efforts to provide the best experience for our guests. We regret that your memory of our hotel was not as positive as we had hoped. We appreciate the time you took to comment in detail.

Marco Baumann
Managing Director

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Within walking distance (15-20 minutes) of the Pike Place Market, great shopping and lots of restaurants, the bright, updated decor in this older hotel is well done and wonderfully cheerful. The staff were unfailingly helpful and resolved a 2 a.m. noise issue very speedily. I found it difficult to follow the hotel's environmental policy as no matter where I left towels, they disappeared to be replaced daily by fresh ones.More hooks or towel bars in the bathroom would be helpful as would some means of keeping water in the sink. I asked the room attendant but either she did not understand or a plug was not available. Surely, I can't be the only person in the world who wants to wash my face!

Room Tip: No outside noise problems. I was in room 504.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Imanewf55
LaceyKing, Manager at Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad our staff resolved the noisy neighbor issue for you quickly. As a forward thinking hotel we do try to be environmentally conscious but sometimes it just feels so good to have fresh towels! We are happy you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Five and would love to welcome you back soon.

Lacey King
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is the hotel you want to stay at if you are visiting Seattle!
Views: You are within walking distance of everything including: The space needle, the waterfront, pike st. market, souvenier shops, the argosy harbor cruise, museums, and so much more.
Room: Up-to-date paint, art, and amenities. The pictures from the website are exactly what your room looks like. I loved the edgy style of this room. Everything from the mirrors in the bathroom to the clever shades in the room which tell you the hotels address. NOTE: There is no bathtub, only a shower. The shower comes with 'soap dispensers' that hold shampoo, conditioner and body wash that smell amazing.
Cost: The price ($86.00/day) was competitive when considering the proximity to entertainment and eating. Additionally, the parking cost was nominal at $15 dollars/day. We had no difficulty finding a spot to park and we didn't move our vehicle the whole time we were there.
Staff: Very friendly and welcoming.
Amenities: There is a cafe on-site that is a little pricey for me, but convenient nonetheless. They have a laundry service that picks up every morning. There is no pool or exercise facility, but there was so much to do it never mattered.
Cleanliness: Absolutely five stars!!! This is a big sell-point for me. The room smelled so good. (I kept looking for the source of this freshness). The floors were clean and I was comfortable walking in bare feet. The corners of the bathroom were spotless. Sometimes hotels have gunk that builds up in the crevices, but this place looked brand new. The shower had crystal clear glass, as did the windows. No musty, mildewy scent. The sheets and blankets were clean and the fabric was comfortable.
The next time I visit Seattle I know exactly where I will be staying, HOTEL FIVE! You will not be sorry staying here.

Room Tip: Always ask what kind of discounts are available. We are military and booked at a great rate!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JacquelynL581

Thank you for your detailed review! I’m delighted you loved our “edgy style” and all of the great amenities that Hotel Five has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Lacey King
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Amazing design, great location, super staff! Love the newly renovated rooms, the art is bright and original and adds a nice punch to the rooms. The shower is fabulous and even the towels and linens are first class. Also the lobby design is super successful in creating multiple spaces for guests to read, work, and watch the news...based on hotel rates in the area I think this property is a great value. It is close to the best of Seattle and a great place to come back to after a long day of exploring.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business