“What a find! One word....FANTASTIC!!”

Hotel FIVE - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed here for 7 nights from 6th September to 13th September 2011 and ALL aspects were fabulous. I have traveled extensively and Hotel Five is a real diamond!! Upon arrival the service from staff was fantastic and this continued throughout the whole stay, they are a credit to the hotel.

The hotel is a boutique style but that's what we like - the service is much more personal and standards much higher than the larger chains, which normally don't give a damn. We stayed on their 3rd night free deal (see their website for details) so actually got 2 of our nights free which was incredible value - but they went a stage further and although it was advertised as a room only rate, upon arrival we were given $20 vouchers for each day of our stay to use toward food and beverage at Max's Cafe ($140 value!!) - Truly awesome!!! And with the most expensive item on the menu at $11, we ate breakfast or lunch free except for a few bucks tip - well deserved for the great food and service.

Location wise the hotel is great, walking distance from the Waterfront, Space Needle, Downtown, Westlake and the Light Rail stop for the Airport is a mere 4 minute, 3 block walk!! Oh, not forgetting Top Pot donuts almost next door, which you simply have to try!!

The decor of the hotel is very modern, retro style with bold colours - so I guess maybe not to all tastes but we loved it. The rooms are light, airy and well equipped and the bathrooms simply fabulous, although no bath tub but large walk in shower. Our room had a flat screen brand new TV, air-conditioning, free tea and coffee making facilities, safe, iron and ironing board, telephone with voicemail and a very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. On top of this, fresh bottled water was free in our room everyday and WIFI completely free throughout the hotel.

We did experience a little noise at times from the corridor and some street noise - but it was minimal, and absolutely no different to any other hotel I have stayed in.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough as a boutique hotel, if you want hotel facilities such as gym, healthclub, swimming pool etc then this is not the place, but hey, that's reflected in the low pricing!!! I have seen this hotel rated as low as a 2 star which is ridiculous, but the lack of facilities causes this, not the quality. If it had a quality and value rating it would be a 5!!!!

This hotel is getting an undeserved lower score, due only to the fact that it used to be a rubbish Ramada and has received poor reviews back then - this is so unfair.

IF YOU STAY HERE AND LIKE IT, please write a review!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed on the 5th Floor of this adorable updated and modern hotel for Bumbershoot Music Festival. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful as far as directions and suggestions for dinner. The hotel is well situated on 5th Avenue, a 10-12 minute walk from the Space Needle and about a 15-20 minute walk from Pike Market, (I walk fast!) and all that wonderful shopping in the CBD.
The rooms are spacious, very clean and well appointed...nice flat screen TV, alarm clock with Ipod dock, spacious bathroom, nice bath products, fluffy towels, blow dryer, etc Bed and pillows - super comfy. We took advantage of the 21 day advance rate and was $92/night - which was a STEAL! I would absolutely stay at this property again. PS - Steps away to a great little supermarket on 4th Avenue that does the best BLT ever...also, a very busy donut shop on 5th avenue if you are into that. :-) Thanks hotel Five - made my time in Seattle that much more memorable!!

Room Tip: Request 4th or 5th Floor - apparently, lower floors are still not updated.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We had three rooms traveling before a cruise. The staff here was excellent went out of their way for you, very friendly and courteous. Loved the rooms and art deco decor. Very clean and the pillows were extremely comfortable. We hung out in the lobby they made us feel very much at home! Also very close to the Space Needle, Pike's Market and the Pier.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We booked Hotel Five since it was the only hotel available and we're glad we did! It's in a great location, close to Downtown, the many restaurants of Belltown, and the Waterfront. In regards to people saying it's a sketchy area, I think that it is more up and coming than a bad area. We felt safe even when walking home at night (although I'd never recommend walking alone in any city at night). The decor of the hotel is very modern. The lobby was large and inviting and free coffee and mini cupcakes were out often for guests. We stayed in two different rooms since we went to San Juan for a night in between (and they happily held our luggage for us for the night). The first room was a 4th floor queen room right outside the monorail, which is literally the quietest form of transportation. You couldn't even tell when it went by! The second room was a king room on the 5th floor.

Pros: Keurig coffee maker with choice of coffee, decaf, or tea, Rain shower, Free Wifi, friendly front desk, great location, clean rooms, interesting decor

Cons: Slow Wifi (especially in my 5th floor room), Safe in 3rd floor room didn't work, I wasn't a fan of their highly fragranced shower products, absolutely no spot to hang towels in my 5th floor bathroom, painting over bed was missing in my 5th floor room, itchy comforter, limited TV stations

I think they might still be finishing their renovations, which is was the painting was missing, but both rooms I stayed in were clean and comfortable. We had both rooms facing the monorail & 5th ave but it looked like if you stay in the other hallway, you might have views of the space needle! I definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking to explore Seattle.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Cool and Trendy rooms. Stayed for three days after my cruise. The front desk service was pleasant and helpful. On drawback though was the rooms not being soundproof, outsige nioses from the corridors and other rooms were quite audiable.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

We spent four nights at the Hotel Five, newly renovated with funky brightly coloured decor. Its location isn't right in the centre of downtown but still only about 10 minutes walk away and felt safe. The room was clean and of a good size, had free internet, a coffee maker, a super comfortable bed and fantastic shower, in fact the rainhead's pressure was perhaps a little too vigorous! We got a great deal through the hotel when we booked as they were offering a third night free so it made the stay good value overall. It also included $20 breakfast vouchers for two each morning at their inhouse cafe, where the staff were friendly and the breakfast very good. I used their gym on a couple of occasions which was small but clean. My only criticism would be that the check-in person could have been a little more welcoming and friendly, he wasn't rude but just a little aloof and a smile would have gone a long way.

Room Tip: check the hotels website for deals
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GourmetTravellers
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Hotel Five exceeded my expectations. I stayed with my sisters in the executive suite on the fifth floor which had a sleek and modern style in the renovated part of the hotel. It was clean, comfortable and the staff was incredibly hospitable. Thank you to Julia, the manager who ensured we had a wonderful stay and upgraded our room. I stayed here 2 years ago when it was the ramada, had an unpleasant experience, did not want to come back and Julia convinced me to try Hotel Five. It is so modern and inviting now. I recommend Hotel Five, especially the renovated floors (4th and 5th).

2  Thank A C