“Salvation from a flooded home”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #68 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed February 20, 2011

When our house started the New Year by busting a pipe in the third-story bathroom, it flooded or damaged all but one room. A month's worth of noisy, dirty repairs ensued. Since my partner works from the home, we had to find a solution fast. Hotel Nexus was a perfect choice: A suite provided private space to meet clients -- and they found the location just off I-5 very convenient. The tasty, varied breakfast satisfied me -- and most important, provided a scrap or two for the dog (she recommends the bacon. No, wait, the sausage. Or maybe the waffles ...) The room and bed were comfortable, the kitchenette was handy, the laundry room was swell and the service was great. The front-desk folks took care of some faxing and other things. This is a good spot for a long-term stay (hopefully under better circumstances) . The size and simplicity of the space make having a whole, breakable house seem unnecessary. Also great to have your bed made for you! Check this place out.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karen60878
HotelNexus, Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

Dear Karen:

We’re sorry to hear about the recent water damage to your home; I understand it can be a very stressful time for you and your pet. We’re glad that you found we have all the comforts of home and enjoyed our nice hot breakfast as well. It is the goal of all of our staff members to make sure that you are well taken of and your dog as well.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future, under more pleasant circumstances, of course. May I suggest a nice staycation for some stress free pampering? Thank you for choosing Hotel Nexus.

Warmest regards, -Jonathon Shea, Assistant GM

Reviewed February 19, 2011

I recently had a quick stay here as I was traveling through town. A friend of mine stayed here a few months before and recommended that I skip the downtown and University area hotels and stay up here. It was really sound advice. I took a short walk to the Mall and had dinner at the Ram (Great Beer!) The room was great, (not huge, but not small either), very clean, and the bed was better then the one I just paid $1,000 bucks for. The only thing I would change is that I would stop by in the summer when I can relax by the pool instead of being stuck inside with the crappy Seattle rain.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rsteckly
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Dear Recent Visitor,

Thank you for patronage and your comments. Please pass on my appreciation to your friend for making the recommendation! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our location and would love to invite you back during the summer when Seattle is sunny and beautiful so that you can enjoy more of the city and of course our outdoor pool that has northwest native sun tanners chomping at the bit. I’ll be sure to order up some nice weather during your stay.

Safe travels to you from everyone here at Hotel Nexus. –Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

As an extended stay guest for business, for leisure, and as my choice for where to stay while I moved to Seattle; I was always impressed by the Hotel Nexus staff and by the comfort/cleanliness of the rooms.
The decor was contemporary, warm, and welcoming, ,The bed was very comfortable, and I had my choice of pillows. Breakfast was free, fresh daily, and much better quality than I have had in many years of business travel. There was always hot coffee, and the staff was prompt and courteous with any request. The shuttle was timely, and they often gave me rides to and from work when needed.
5 Stars...way to go team Nexus!
Dr.Doug

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank drdougm
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

Dr. Doug,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Hotel Nexus. We appreciate your comments very much and want to remind you that whenever you need hospitality, we’ll be here for you. It has been a real pleasure hosting you sir. While we’re excited that you found a house, we’re always a little sad to see our family that we have had the pleasure to know and serve, leave us. We wish you well in your future endeavors and relocation. Safe travels to you and your family, -Tim Cordodor, General Manager.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Lumpy pillows, saggy bed, upraised carpets this is not a cheap and cheerful hotel. When I asked for non-lumpy pillows, I just got more lumpy pillows. It is a motel that is for the cheap traveller. Breakfast was also lacking including the hard as nails bagels. Will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funkynalime
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Nexus; I apologize that we fell short of your comfort expectations. I’m happy to let you know that after you spoke with one of our managers during your check out, we have since started making arrangements to update our pillows to a newer technology of comfort. We strive as a hotel to listen to the ideas for improvement that come from our guests so that we can focus our efforts in the areas that mean the most.

Perhaps you would do us the honor of trying out our new pillows when your travels bring you back through Seattle. Thank you for your recent patronage and again for taking the time to provide us with constructive feedback. We wish you safe travels.

Tim Cordodor, General Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2010

I found the staff very nice. The rooms were large and the bed very comfortable. The decor is very bright and welcoming. I really liked the bathroom shower head which was very large and shower gel dispenser.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank nwpeach
HotelNexus, Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2010

Dear nwpeach:
We appreciate your recent feedback about your experience at our hotel. We are very proud of our design team in creating an atmosphere that exudes warmth and welcoming ambiance that so many of our guests find appealing. We are especially thankful for our guests’ participation in our continual effort to be more ‘green’ in how we operate our business. We believe that being more environmentally conscious benefits our guests as well our employees in the long run.
Once again, thank you for choosing Hotel Nexus as part of your Seattle destination; we look forward to your many returns. Warmest regards.
Jonathon Shea, Assistant GM

Reviewed December 18, 2010

What a nice surprise to find such a convenient hotel at a great rate, with all of the important amenities, that was also very clean. The reservation staff was kind and quick, taking into consideration several important personal needs and meeting all of them: room on the quietest side, close to the elevator, and with an adjoining room. So, it was a great delight to find all of that for just $85 on Friday & Saturday nights!
The room was also very nicely remodeled and had just what we needed. It had a very comfortable mattress and bedding, including both feather and foam pillows. The fridge was larger than most in-room types, as was the microwave. Everything else was normal hotel standards: coffee maker with free tea & coffee, cable TV, toiletries, etc. The free breakfast was a good surprise: hot waffles, hot eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, other pastries and hot/cold beverages. The food was higher quality than many chains with free breakfasts and the dining room staff paid good attention to cleanliness. This hotel was a really pleasant bargain.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Solo-Sojourner
HotelNexus, Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent visit at the Hotel Nexus. I’m glad to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast offering, we truly take pride in ensuring that the quality of your food service is complementary to your room experience.

Additionally, we appreciate the kind words about our staff as it fuels our desire to continue to do our very best and improve our product and service level. We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to serving you again the next time you’re in Seattle, so on behalf of everyone here at Hotel Nexus, we wish you a wonderful holiday season.

Best regards, Jonathon Shea Assistant GM

Reviewed December 15, 2010

First, and most egregiously, this is not a hotel - it's a motel. I would never have booked a room there if I had known this.
How many ways did this motel disappoint me? Not counting the really nit-picky stuff, like not having a towel rack by the sink, or the fact that the room gave me the creepy feeling that a "Criminal Minds" episode featuring a bludgeoned hooker could easily be set there:
It's non-smoking now, but the renovation didn't clear out the skanky old stale smoke smell. The refrigerator made a loud, obnoxious noise so that I had to unplug it for the sake of my sanity. I could hear my upstairs neighbor walking around and showering. The "shower gel" and "shampoo" in the dispenser were the same creamy green mystery fluid, and the touted curved shower rod led to a large puddle on the bathroom floor. There's no breakfast room service; the complementary breakfast is served in a very small room that is reminiscent of a school lunchroom and was far skimpier than Laurie S. describes.
Worst of all, the battery in my smoke detector failed at 3:00am. While someone did arrive quickly to replace the battery, all I got from the desk staff was a "Sorry about that," as if it happens all the time and it's just no big deal, rather than an uninvited assault on a decent night's sleep.
I've stayed at a number of perfectly lovely hotels in the Northwest, and this is the first time I've been so offended I was moved to write a review. When I got to my meeting they said, "Oh, we would have suggested the Hotel Deca." Live and learn.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Teddy A
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Dear traveler,

Thank you for your recent visit and your comments. We always welcome feedback from our guests that will help us continue to improve and provide excellent service and comfort. I would like to apologize regarding your sleep interruption. I realize that we did fix it right away but your sleep was still disrupted. While those smoke detector devices are installed with your safety in mind, they are not meant to keep you from a good night’s rest. We do perform preventative maintenance on all of our guestrooms which includes changing out smoke detector batteries on a regularly scheduled basis but the battery in your room must have died earlier than expected. I also would like to apologize for any appliance noise or smoke smell you encountered. We try to follow up on all of our guests comments and invite additional direct feedback if at all possible. I know our staff and I would have done everything we could to have accommodated you if we had known about your dissatisfactions during your stay with us. We have heard from some of our guests that Hotel Nexus has a little bit of everything for the value conscious traveler yet we understand that there are many different expectation levels. We do believe that with our cereals, fruits, pastries and rotating menu of hot breakfast meats and eggs and our ever popular fresh waffles with strawberries, we have a delicious combination for our complimentary breakfast. My staff and I will get to work on all of your concerns and if you find yourself in Seattle again, we invite you to try one of our suites or our unique soaking tub rooms. Safe travels back to Portland! Tim Cordodor, General Manager.