“Week-long stay for local interviews”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Seattle, Washington
“Week-long stay for local interviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a clean, well-run hotel with spacious simple rooms and standard amenities. What stood apart was the friendly and helpful service staff. I was uniformly impressed by the front desk staff, who were all courteous and always went out of their way to help me with directions and planning. With their help, I coordinated a week of transportation all over the city without ever needing to rent a car. The shuttle drivers were friendly, prompt, and made every effort to get you where you needed to be, before you needed to be there. The drivers were flexible and accomodating, all while providing customers with a FREE service. The complimentary breakfast had good food options and great hours. I had an outstanding experience during my week at Hotel Nexus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Julia W:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. I was so pleased to see that you got to experience the "Nexus Touch" of hospitality on your stay. We take such pride with our staff and the service that they provide! And thank you for recognizing our clean spacious rooms, complimentary breakfast and outstanding shuttle drivers. It sounds like you had a great trip to Seattle and I'm glad my staff was able to be a part of that.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Michelle Caruso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was a little apprehensive staying at this hotel, due to the room entrances outside. I voiced my concernsh to Erik at the front desk and he found me a room off the lower floor that made me feel much more at ease. Overall it was a good stay. Also as he promised the room was a pleasant surprise with its decor and furnishing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lj328
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Lj328:

Thank you so much for choosing the Hotel Nexus and reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. Erik is one of our guest service superstars at the desk and I'm so pleased he gave you the "Nexus Touch" of hospitality and service. Though we are an older property we have been well maintained and our rooms are clean and well-appointed - by your comments I see you agree. Some of the other reasons our guests choose us are for an array of complimentary amenities including breakfast, shuttles, Wi-Fi, fitness room and laundry facility.

Thank you again for staying at the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Me and my son, needed a hotel to stay in, hospital recommended this hotel. My experience in booking for the hotel is wonderful, staff was amazing, they were helpful, very professional, and customer satisfaction was their priority. As me and my son arrived to the hotel, the room was amazing, clean, beautiful, quiet, and checking in was so fast. Only downfall was that the wifi didn't work for me because I think it was because we stayed in the back of the hotel. But that wasn't a problem for me. I would definitely use this hotel again. The staff are wonderful and cater to your needs. Most importantly the room was very clean! We loved it!

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the hotel and it was peaceful and quiet, so if you want peace and quiet r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikala M
Dear Mikala:

Thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Nexus and reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad the hospital recommended us for your stay. We have many hospital guests at our hotel not only for or location but also for our complimentary breakfast and shuttles. We are proud of our property's cleanliness and appreciate your recognition of that fact. I'm so pleased to see that you felt customer service was a priority of our employees - yes, they do exemplify the "Nexus Touch" of service.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Port Angeles, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I'm from a 1 stoplight town, and had to spend a month here in Seattle due to a family member having a medical emergency. It was an incredibly stressful time, and I had no idea how to drive in this town, or where to stay when I got here.

The hospital gave me a list of recommended hotels that had hospital discounts. I choose the Nexus originally because, not only did it have a great discounted price, but also free shuttle service and complimentary breakfast in the morning. After I got here I found out it also had complimentary laundry and a small, but a rather nice gym.

The rooms were quite nice, with microwaves coffeepot, and a small fridge. I also heard from other people staying there that there were also rooms with full kitchens. I had the small fridge -- which was very useful for my extended stay.

The breakfast changed daily, and was not your usual bagels and donuts. We had everything from biscuits and gravy, to bacon and eggs. And bagels, danishes, waffles, juices, coffee and milk and cereal were always part of the spread.

But what sold me on the place was the people. They have some of the kindest people on Earth working for them. And it's a tough job, dealing with people struggling with someone they love in the hospital. They were always courteous, particularly the drivers, who would give you a shoulder to cry on, if you needed it.

I'm going home tomorrow. Yay! But I intend to stay here again soon. For a non-medical related trip, to see the sights. And I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Resa C
Dear Resa C:

Thank you so much for staying at the Hotel Nexus and reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I'm sorry you had to travel to Seattle for medical reasons but happy you choose our hotel. Our guests find that our breakfasts, shuttles, and Wi-Fi make us a tremendous value for a Seattle Hotel. By far what I'm most proud of is our employees, how they give the "Nexus Touch" of hospitality to each and every guest. Our home is your home!

I wish your family member a speedy recover and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future. And once again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Nexus.

Helena, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Hotel Nexus was a lower quality hotel that has been upgraded and updated up to appeal to budget travelers who want good customer service, clean rooms and proximity to their destination. If that's what you're looking for I can recommend this hotel. The rates, the staff and proximity to local world-class hospitals are a big plus. A good breakfast buffet is also included. Perhaps the biggest asset is the frequent free shuttles to just about anywhere you want to go in Seattle except the airport. Down side: water that may scald you, clock radios that you can't read and a good standard for clean, but not the highest. I was also a bit surprised that they solicited Trip Advisor reviews as I've never been asked to do so. I'd give the place a rating of 3.5 to 3.75 not 4.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear David S:

Thank you so very much for staying at the Hotel Nexus and reviewing your stay on TripAdvisor. What you pointed out about excellent customer service, room cleanliness, ample breakfast and complimentary shuttle are the most recognized and utilized amenities by our guests. We have heart, character and charm along with giving the "Nexus touch" of hospitality to each and every one of our guests.

I hope you had an enjoyable stay in Seattle and the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Manitou Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I spent two nights at the Nexus and was perfectly satisfied. The staff at check-in was efficient, courteous, and happy to engage in conversation. I did not spend any time in the lobby area during my stay but it seems welcoming, with bright colors and a retro feel to the furniture.

My clean and spacious room was on the 2nd floor, on the backside of the hotel. You get to the room by walking down an exterior walkway that overlooks a parking lot and relatively quiet residential street (much better than rooms on the frontside, which faces the the very busy Northgate Way). The bed was firm and comfortable and the only significant noise was from inconsiderate guests who feel that it's perfectly fine to have loud conversations in the middle of the night as they walk to their rooms.

The free breakfast is OK, just what I expect from a budget hotel. Starbucks is across the street if you need better coffee ;-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear ol_blue:

Thank you so very much for choosing the Hotel Nexus and reviewing us on TripAdvisor! It is very gratifying to read about our courteous and engaging employees - we take such pride in the service they provide. Many of the reasons travelers choose us are for our updated rooms, convenient location, 24 hour fitness center, complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary hot breakfast and for shuttles to area hospitals and local attractions.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at the Hotel Nexus and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My mum, wife and I stayed in two rooms at Hotel Nexus in the middle of October.

The hotel is perfectly located for the mall and the rapid bus service into Seattle.The rooms were clean and adequate for our needs. The breakfast room needs to be expanded. As someone who works with adults in wheelchairs, I found the breakfast room to be not very wheelchair accessible. They could expand the room into the workout room, which was not being used, at any time I passed it. It was hard to predict when to go for breakfast, as most of the time the room was crowded. There was a good variety of food, including scrambled eggs and waffles.

The visit was marred by a couple of problems. Due to some sort of mix up, the hotel cleaners decided that we were checking out the night after we had checked in, despite us supposed to be in the rooms for another two evenings. As a result, the milk and soft drinks we had in the fridge disappeared. When I went to complain, hotel staff said to go and buy more and then I got reimbursed, which was fine. People make mistakes, we are not perfect.

The second problem, however, was not resolved during our visit. I think we had a ghost in our bathroom, as at least once an hour during the night, the cistern of our toilet would mysteriously fill with more water, even though we had not flushed the toilet. I reported it to reception on our second day, and hotel staff said it was fixed, but the following night the ghost returned. As I could not be bothered reporting it a second time, the ghost stayed in the room until we left. You never know it may still be there.

While I would stay there again, I think I would wait until they did something with the breakfast room.

Room Tip: If you do not want the noise from the main street, ask for a room round the back.Passing ambulances...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank uktechwizard
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear uktechwizard:

Thank you so much for staying and rating the Hotel Nexus on TripAdvisor. As noted, we are conveniently located for bus transit and also offer a complimentary shuttle to downtown, hospitals and major attractions. My apologies for your items being removed from your refrigerator, I'm glad my staff promptly paid for their replacement. We are currently looking at a different set-up and menu for our complimentary breakfast - this should be done in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing the Hotel Nexus and we hope to serve you again in the near future!