“Helpful Staff, Great Rooms”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
“Helpful Staff, Great Rooms”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We've been staying at the Hotel Nexus every time we come to Seattle. The two most recent trips were for cleaning out my late brother-in-law's condo. The staff went overboard to help us out including a late check out the first time and getting boxes the second time.

Front Desk Personnel Jon and Lorena were very observant and asked if we needed anything that they could help us with. Raja procured extra boxes for us for packing up the items in the condo.

All of the staff including the breakfast workers made an otherwise miserable set of trips to be less challenging.

The Nexus has been and will be the primary place we stay in Seattle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mls17
HotelNexus, V.P. of Operations at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear mls17,

Thank you so much for both staying with us during your trips to Seattle and for your kind words regarding the staff! We appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience at the hotel. Your comments will be shared with all the hotels team members who always take pride and appreciate feedback from our guests. I do have to say, your comments brought a smile to my face as well. What you described is the reason we all started in this business, “make a guest feel like they are in our home, genuinely care about their experience”….thank you again.

Shawn Walker, V.P. of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was our first time staying here. We enjoyed it very much. The bed was comfortable, but I believe it was a full size and not the Queen that was advertised. My boyfriend is paraplegic and depends on a wheelchair for mobility. The room was very accessible, in fact one of the best accessible rooms we have stayed in regardless of price. The only inconvenience we had was the location of the wheelchair accessible parking. We were in room #132 and had to park on the other side of the building. The only wheelchair spot on our side was down a small hill and did not have an access aisle to load and unload wheelchair. The Indian restaurant next door was amazing! Thank you for a great nights stay!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank AFRH6488
Dear AFRH6488,

Thank you for staying with us at the Nexus and for taking the time to comment about your stay. We truly appreciate having you as our guest.

I have had other guests ask about the mattress size. I think it’s due to the additional height of the pillow top combined with the fluffy duvets, but please rest assured it is a queen size. I am happy you liked the room but do apologize that the accessible parking near your room was already occupied.

Isn’t the Saffron Bar and Grill great! I just ate there (again) last week and love it every time.

Thank you again, and please let us know if we can be of service when your travels may take you through the area again!

Shawn Walker, V.P. of Operations
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just finished a weekend long stay here . after booking but before arriving I had read a mixed bag of reviews on the place and had some trepidation about are stay I'm happy to say my stay was excellent the rooms were clean and comfortable the bed was better than my one at home and I have to rave about the Japanese hydrotherapy bath .at 6'5" it's hard for me to find a hotel bath of any stripe that fits comfortably but this one was great we were both able to soak in the tub together fairly comfortably. The staff has all been courteous and friendly even when we went searching for a bottle opener at midnight. All in all I highly re commend this place it's a fun funky place to stay

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Kanrin
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Raja, Rose, Ricky and Jon. You made my stay very enjoyable. Hope to be back soon. For you, complaining about the hotels age, bla bla bla, you have always the Four Seasons option at $400/night. Cost benefit for this hotel is very good. If you want to call it a Motel. I am fine with it. Probably the best Motel on the west coast. Can not forget the free parking and breakfast. Thank you Raja.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Carlos B
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Be aware that the weather will hit you in the face each time you open the door. This is a motel, complete with concrete floors covered in carpet (the floors are cold, so you can easily tell). The mattresses and pillows were both lumpy, and there was hair in the bathtub when we checked in. The furnishings are laminate and/or plastic, and your room will not be cleaned, nor will the towels be changed, unless you ask several times, for the duration of your stay (unfortunately ours was 4 days, with 4 people in a room...ick). The breakfast was ok, and the lobby was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JayRo32

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

Banks, Oregon
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is an old motel they have tried to convert Walls are paper thin. Hot tub & shower were great but could here everyone on all sides. Very noisy. Would not stay here again. I would call this a 4th class hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank orbuck
HotelNexus, V.P. of Operations at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Orbuck,

First, please allow me to apologies on the noise level you experienced during your recent visit to our hotel. I trust we offered to speak with the guests next to you or offered to accommodate a room move to a different part of the hotel. I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your experience further and invite you to reach out to me directly at shawn@360hotelgroup.com with your thoughts.

Second, I am excited to take a moment and let you know that among the many other upgrades happening at the hotel right now is our guest room refresh program. We are taking this opportunity before summer to completely refresh our guest rooms including; new flat screen TV’s, bedding package, lighting, sofa and lounge seating, desk chairs, new paint pallet, furniture refinishing and much more. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity and let me know what you think of the refresh project!

Sincerely, Shawn Walker – V.P. of Operations
Little Chute, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good location in North Seattle with walking distance to Northgate Mall and several restaurants. Staff was very friendly. Prices were very decent considering Seattle is a popular destination. Complementary breakfast was the standard but still very good. That and the complementary shuttle service were the main reasons my friend and I picked this. The shuttle service could have been a little more accommodating but it was better than nothing! It definitely saved on taxi fees. We used it just about every day and dropped off at Pioneer Square. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Second floor balcony at the back of the hotel has views of the mountains.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Saspackersfan,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Second, best of luck to you and the Packers next season. Here is to seeing you in the playoffs.

Your comments regarding our staff are so appreciated. Everyone at the Nexus takes such pride in their service and comments such as yours are the reason we all chose this industry. I would love to hear your thoughts on how we can improve our shuttle service and invite you to contact me directly at shawn@360hotelgroup.com with any feedback.

I hope we have many more opportunities to take care of you and yours in the future.

Sincerely, Shawn Walker, V.P. of Operations