“Hotel Suxus”

Hotel Nexus Seattle
Ranked #71 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Hotel Suxus”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

After a long airplane flight and arriving at 1am. We were told that our reservations "had been kicked out of their system" and the hotel was full. The desk clerk was very unsympathetic to our plight. Thank goodness the hotel manager was there. He arranged to comp our night at one of "their sister hotels" but we must return for the second night of our stay. He arranged a night at Staybridge Suites in Mukilteo, 20 minutes north of the city, Definitely not near the city of Seattle. Staybridge was wonderful. We later found out that Hotel Nexus was in a very seedy part of town. We had planned to stay there later in our stay...we immediately canceled.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank pbstravels
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear Traveling Family,

I’d like to start by apologizing for the mix up regarding your reservation. I’m not familiar with the situation and would love the opportunity to hear more about that so that I can address the underlying problem. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Staybridge Suites but do wish that you could have had the opportunity to experience Hotel Nexus, its services and amenities. We think that we could have made your stay enjoyable and met your expectations if given the chance.

I’m sorry that you heard that Northgate is a “Seedy” area. Our neighborhood’s urban center is just a block east of the hotel and is categorized with such establishments as Nordstrom and a new 14 screen Regal Cinema with IMAX. I do hope to hear from you so that we can learn and grow to meet your needs and perhaps offer the opportunity to host you during your next visit to our lovely city. You can contact me directly at gm@hotelnexusseattle.com if I can be of servcie. Safe Travels to you and your family.

Tim Cordodor, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Bellingham, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Not very exciting, but close to Northgate Mall for shopping and eats, a bit of a trip to downtown Seattle due to incredible traffic. A great donut shop in strip mall next to hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review, we always look forward to getting our guest’s feedback so that we can improve for your next visit. While I don’t know that we can change the traffic, there are a few other good routes to get downtown that we would be happy to recommend as the 6 minute trip on the freeway can be much more during certain times of the day. I’d be happy to pass on the compliment to the couple that owns Family Donut. They are great neighbors and friends of the hotel. Thanks again for choosing Hotel Nexus and safe travels to you!

Tim Cordodor, General Manager.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

I was forced to stay at this hotel again (2nd time) because it was the contracted hotel for my job. I checked in on 6 June 2011. I did the "obligatory" walk through. At first sight, it didn't look too bad. When I got up the next morning to take my shower, there was alot of hair on the wall. You couldn't see it at first since it blended in with the color of the wall (brown). I went down and requested the front desk to ensure housekeeping fix this issue. When I came back that night after work, it still wasn't clean. I had to have housekeeping come by after 7pm to fix this problem. I had co-workers that the staff checked in, and the room was filthy!. bed wasn't made, trash was left in the room. I think there is a communication problem, even management issue within this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dbarkley

Travelers are raving about these Seattle hotels

St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

My stay at this hotel was one night only, thank goodness. We came to this hotel very late at night and from the outside it looked like a very nice hotel. The lobby looked newly decorated, and so our thoughts were that this place would be great for the price, $110.00 a night. A lot of reno's were done to the room but when we turned the heater on in the room, what a racket. We had to sleep with the heat off if we wanted any sleep at all. The heaters need to be replaced as well. I was very cold for most of the night and too tired to ask to be moved. I have looked at other reviews and was a little confused because I saw some great reviews. I guess we were one of the unlucky ones.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ILoveTooTravel
HotelNexus, General Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear recent guest,

First, please allow me to apologize regarding any heater issues you encountered during your stay. We do both service and inspect the rooms after our guests check out to make sure just this type of thing does not happen. Also, we maintain a 24hr guest service staff to address any guest service needs at any hour. We would have loved to have had the opportunity to address this at the time to ensure you received a good night’s rest. We know that getting good sleep away from home is hard enough without the bother of added noise.

We do appreciate all the compliments on the rest of your stay. We have accomplished a great many projects that have made this property more comfortable, quiet, updated and stylish. We constantly look to continue in that process, like with our latest guest room renovations, new fitness area or recently added breakfast room. I would love to consider more of your thoughts and impressions of the hotel if you have time to share them. Please call me directly at the hotel or at gm@hotelnexusseattle.com. I hope that there may be a chance to earn your business for a second look at Hotel Nexus.

I wish you safe travel’s wherever the road takes you. Tim Cordodor, General Manager.
Rockford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

The rooms are separate from the reception/check-in area, as is the outdoor pool and exercise room. When we stayed there, the exercise room was dirty and in the back of the building; although it looks as though (from the website) that it's been remodeled. Our stay was comfortable, the bed was the comfiest bed (at a hotel) that I've ever slept in. The reception area is very comfortable with a fish tank, revolving colored lights in back of the desk, and plenty of chairs for the weekend overflow of guests at breakfast. The breakfast room is small and the chairs are uncomfortable, so aim for a nook. The continental breakfast is similar to other hotels, but in a confined space. We opted for the shuttle service one time on our stay and they were late going out (one other couple missed their dinner reservations and we missed a museum show) and late picking us up. Although if you want to explore Seattle more and get a glimpse of the city, it's a perfect idea.
The hotel is located near the highway, so location is nice and there's a mall nearby. Although the hotel is backed by apartment complexes and the outdoor pool is right next to a person's home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giffy83
HotelNexus, Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. I apologize that the Fitness Center was not up to your standard during your visit with us last May. I am glad to announce that we have completely revamped the facility as of October of last year and have posted some beautiful photos on our website and Facebook if that interests you. We have also upgraded the chairs in our breakfast area to improve comfort; we also added to the breakfast selection to start your day off right. We listen to our guests closely and try to turn feedbacks into improvements of our services and amenities. We appreciate your input regarding our shuttle service; we are always looking for ways to streamline our service schedule to minimize the waiting period and maximize your enjoyment of the city.

Please feel free to contact me at agm@hotelnexusseattle.com or one of our helpful associates to make arrangements for your next visit in Seattle as we would love to show you the changes first hand. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you soon. Warmest regards, Jonathon Shea – Assistant GM.
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

Our grandson was having surgery at the Children's Hospital and my daughter booked us here at a very good price. Four of us stayed in adjoining rooms and it was perfect with only about a 10-15 minute drive to the Hospital. The Interstate is right there and only a 15 minute drive to downtown, except during rush hour.

The staff was friendly and helpful (save for one of the women who took care of the breakfast area - no smile or personality and needed to be a bit more attentive to cleaning tables and spills). On the other hand, they have one of the better continental breakfasts that we have experienced at a hotel.

You can tell they are trying to do a good job. The building may be a little old but it is obvious they have made renovations, painted and decorated nicely, especially the lobby, which was also comfortable. The rooms were clean and bright and despite being on a busy and noisy thoroughfare, it was quiet. We had a good nights sleep every night.

There is a nice Indian Restaurant next to the hotel that we liked and they provide room service. There is a Starbucks (of course they are everywhere) and convenience store across the street. A mall, with many different restaurants, is within walking distance.

This is not a luxurious hotel and some people my not care for the exterior, balcony access to the rooms. That did not bother us at all and we found Nexus to be the perfect place to stay. It is in a good location and the price is right.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank chiefj
HotelNexus, Manager at Hotel Nexus Seattle, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you so much for your helpful and honest feedback. I’m so glad to hear that you had a pleasant visit with us and we wish your grandson a very quick recovery.

Many of our guests are finding out how convenient it is to be located in the north Seattle neighborhood, away from the hustle and bustle of downtown but as you say “Just minutes away”. We recognize that your commitment to staying with us again is the ultimate compliment to our hotel and for that we again thank you and look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your family again soon.

Warmest regards, Jonathon Shea – Assistant GM
agm@hotelnexusseattle.com
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

We were treated so kindly. They had a great variety for breakfast that suited all our needs. They were curtious and promt with any need we had.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you for the fabulous feedback; we are delighted to hear that you had an amazing experience at our hotel. We often hear praises from our guests about the wonderful selection we offer for breakfast. We also appreciate the nice comment about our staff as we continue our efforts to seize every opportunity to serve you better. Please feel free to contact us the next time you return to Seattle; we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Warmest regards, Jonathon Shea, Assistant GM