“Wouldn't hesitate to go back!”
Review of Bacon Mansion

Bacon Mansion
Ranked #11 of 27 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bacon Mansion. It was an easy walk to Cornish College of the Arts so I'd highly recommend it if you have business there. It's in a gorgeous residential neighborhood yet convenient to parks, shops and restaurants. A couple of times we walked downtown and took a bus back. It's a fairly long walk downtown, but it's all downhill and very doable. Daryl, the owner, is fairly quiet but friendly and helpful. We spent a couple nights downstairs in the Emerald room. My family liked this spacious room, though I found it a little too dark in the daytime. Perhaps a lighter color on the walls would help. We then moved to the Carriage house which was very comfortable. Except for the pull out sofa, the mattress isn't all that comfortable but kids don't mind. We enjoyed talking with the other guests at breakfast, but I agree with some of the other reviewers in that it was fairly light and pretty much the same every day. We've been to Seattle many times but were thrilled to find this little gem of a B&B and neighborhood. From what we could tell, there is no computer available for guest use but we had a lap top and their was WiFi.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank NWtravelers2

Reviewed July 20, 2010

My family had an extended stay at the Bacon Mansion this past week. I stayed five nights and my brothers, sisters and niece stayed three or four nights. We LOVED the hospitality that Daryl King (the owner/proprietor) provided. The personal service was far above that at other B & B or extended stays that I have visited. Daryl is a very pleasant, helpful, friendly individual that has developed the decor and environment for the past 18 years he has owned the Bacon Mansion. My family took up most of the B & B and I was able to visit most rooms. They are all comfortable and very nicely decorated. The common areas (dining room, living room, library etc) were also very nice. The Capital Hill area of Seattle has many things to do and some of the best restaurants around.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Third morning (Saturday) of our stay in second floor room above the courtyard, I was awakened before 7 a.m. by the conversation of a group of about 10 men, who sat at a large patio table for more than an hour and whose loudness caused me to have to close our window, ruling out a cooling breeze. I'm sure that guests in other rooms were also aware of this convocation on the grounds.
The "breakfast" each morning was little more than a minimal continental style, store bought muffins, some yogurt (not enough for all or for seconds). Fresh fruit and coffee good, but again these ran out, refills scarce. What is this innkeeper's priority...the comfort of his guests or the companionship of his many friends in the area?
We've stayed in many B&B's, and this was by far the least welcoming or classy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank morgan34
Reviewed June 29, 2010

The last stop on our family vacation (wife and 2 kids ) could not of ended better when we found the best B & B , The Becon Mansion and it is tops.

We Started in San Francisco and stayed in five different locations. Our final stop after Driving the Pacific Coast Hwy was Seattle.

The Pacific Coast Drive is a Must on the bucket list.

when we arrived the owenr checked our family right in.

Wanting to tour Seattle right away he gave us a great preview of the area. He brougth our bags to our room, gave us a 10 min introduction to the property and we were on our own.

Comming home each day from touring he greated us conversation and coffee

The four of us stayed in the Capitol Suit on the top floor ..... A Huge Room

We met people at the house who have stayed Year after Year , I can see why

The living room has a welcome feeling with a Baby Grand Piano. and decorated to the era of the house

A new beautiful Kitchen has been installed in the house. (not that the guests need to go in but shows the amazing upkeep of this 100 Year old House). Outside is a cosy Patio with brick pavers lead to the adajecent cottage on the property.

Location , Location , Location - Yup we were 15 minutes in everydirection to most attactions and shopping for the girls

I am a business ower in NYC and I recommed "The Beacon Mansion"

Tommy

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I have to say that I was instantly disgusted with the lack of cleanliness in our room. There was dust, crumbs, HAIR and cobwebs EVERYWHERE I looked. Our room smelt like mildew and there was a complete lack of natural lighting, which was not compensated with lights or lamps. We felt like we were staying in a dungeon! I did not want to let my young son down on the carpet!! Thankfully, my husbands work called him back early, because I could not get out of that place fast enough. The owner was very nice, which makes me feel bad for writing this review, but I hope to save someone else from having to stay there... YUCK! Parking was also scarce and very difficult.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank oregonholts
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Capitol Hill location is minutes by bus to anywhere, but one can sleep in a quiet neighborhood lined with beautiful homes just steps from Volunteer Park. Bacon Mansion offers a generous breakfast, interesting fellow travelers, and a gracious host. I liked my comfortable room under the eaves but suggest a taller traveler would be better off in a different room to avoid head bumps.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2010

As a past resident of Seattle, I know the city well and have high expectations for a place to stay when I visit now for business or pleasure. The Bacon Mansion exceeded my highest hopes in every way. Darryl made every effort to make my stay comfortable. I hosted business guests on the patio, and they were charmed with the quiet, redwood environment in the heart of the city and the beautiful interior decorations of this old mansion. The commute by bus or taxi to my work meetings every day was easy. Capitol Hill is a great, centrally located place to stay, and Bacon Mansion is the best.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business