“Great Location....Comfortable Room....Awesome Host”
Review of Bacon Mansion

Bacon Mansion
Ranked #12 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
“Great Location....Comfortable Room....Awesome Host”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

The last stop on our family vacation (wife and 2 kids ) could not of ended better when we found the best B & B , The Becon Mansion and it is tops.

We Started in San Francisco and stayed in five different locations. Our final stop after Driving the Pacific Coast Hwy was Seattle.

The Pacific Coast Drive is a Must on the bucket list.

when we arrived the owenr checked our family right in.

Wanting to tour Seattle right away he gave us a great preview of the area. He brougth our bags to our room, gave us a 10 min introduction to the property and we were on our own.

Comming home each day from touring he greated us conversation and coffee

The four of us stayed in the Capitol Suit on the top floor ..... A Huge Room

We met people at the house who have stayed Year after Year , I can see why

The living room has a welcome feeling with a Baby Grand Piano. and decorated to the era of the house

A new beautiful Kitchen has been installed in the house. (not that the guests need to go in but shows the amazing upkeep of this 100 Year old House). Outside is a cosy Patio with brick pavers lead to the adajecent cottage on the property.

Location , Location , Location - Yup we were 15 minutes in everydirection to most attactions and shopping for the girls

I am a business ower in NYC and I recommed "The Beacon Mansion"

Tommy

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Astoria, Oregon
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I have to say that I was instantly disgusted with the lack of cleanliness in our room. There was dust, crumbs, HAIR and cobwebs EVERYWHERE I looked. Our room smelt like mildew and there was a complete lack of natural lighting, which was not compensated with lights or lamps. We felt like we were staying in a dungeon! I did not want to let my young son down on the carpet!! Thankfully, my husbands work called him back early, because I could not get out of that place fast enough. The owner was very nice, which makes me feel bad for writing this review, but I hope to save someone else from having to stay there... YUCK! Parking was also scarce and very difficult.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank oregonholts
Vermont
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Capitol Hill location is minutes by bus to anywhere, but one can sleep in a quiet neighborhood lined with beautiful homes just steps from Volunteer Park. Bacon Mansion offers a generous breakfast, interesting fellow travelers, and a gracious host. I liked my comfortable room under the eaves but suggest a taller traveler would be better off in a different room to avoid head bumps.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
coastal california
Reviewed February 24, 2010

As a past resident of Seattle, I know the city well and have high expectations for a place to stay when I visit now for business or pleasure. The Bacon Mansion exceeded my highest hopes in every way. Darryl made every effort to make my stay comfortable. I hosted business guests on the patio, and they were charmed with the quiet, redwood environment in the heart of the city and the beautiful interior decorations of this old mansion. The commute by bus or taxi to my work meetings every day was easy. Capitol Hill is a great, centrally located place to stay, and Bacon Mansion is the best.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 9, 2010

The location was great and we did not have a problem finding parking in the neighborhood. The Bacon Mansion is on a quiet street in a beautiful neighborhood. It is close to restaurants, cafes, shops and it is also close to all the sights in Seattle. The house is well-maintained and our room was comfortable. Free wi-fi is available. The breakfast was basic: fresh fruit, muffin, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, milk, cereal/granola. Daryl was helpful, but not overfriendly. The other gentleman who checked us in was more personable and friendly.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
sandpiperlily
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Capitol Hill is a great neighborhood, with a wide variety of restaurants, cafes, vintage shops, etc within a few blocks walk. You can catch a bus downtown every 15 minutes or so, or take the long but pleasant walk. The house itself is just a block or two from a large commercial area but is on a quiet residential street and a few blocks from a large park. It's a beautiful old mansion in a neighborhood of historic homes and lush gardens. The owner has done a remarkable job decorating and maintaining the building and the Carriage House, where I stayed.

The suite on the first floor of the Carriage House has a private bath (shower only), and a dining / living area separated by a folding screen from the bedroom area. My mother slept very comfortably on the main bed, but I found the pull-out sofa to be nearly intolerable.

Breakfast was tasty and adequate, but not remarkable. Fresh fruit, granola and yogurt, cereals, and hot muffins were plenty for me. There was a good selection of teas and tisanes, and decent coffee (though if you're serious about your coffee, go to Cafe Vita or Vivaci just down the road).

Deryl was kind and helpful, but not overly chatty or friendly.

• Stayed December 2009
San Antonio
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Stayed here once before in the mid-1990's and loved it then. We were very pleased to find the same excellent quality of lodging experience this time with the same ownership. We stayed in the Rose room on the second floor. It is a warm and cozy room with a window out on to the garden and patio below. Staying at the Bacon Mansion is a little like stepping back in time. The mansion was built in 1909 and is lavishly furnished with period pieces and accessories from that era. Daryl, the owner, welcomed us when we arrived and he and his staff treated us as family during our stay. They gave us great advice and help on getting around Seattle and restaurants the locals frequent. The mansion sits in a quiet residential neighborhood and an evening walk down the street is like walking through a garden. All of the houses have terraced gardens in front with the houses sitting high up on the properties. This is the perfect, quiet and relaxing place to come back to after a day of doing all the Seattle "tourist" things. We highly recommend the Bacon Mansion.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple