“Great stay at the Bacon Mansion”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bacon Mansion

Bacon Mansion
Ranked #11 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Houston Texas
“Great stay at the Bacon Mansion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I spent a couple of days in Seattle en route to San Juan. Being from Texas I wanted a pedestrian experience, and that's what I got. Bacon Mansion is a lovely old home, tastefully worn around the edges in the most cozy, and comforting way in an awesome neighborhood close to food, fun and transportation (I took the bus several times). Daryl seems a little dry a first, but there's a twinkle in his eye and you learn pretty quick he's a really nice guy and very helpful. The home is updated but still has "old house noises" and lots of character. The streets on either side of Broadway are ideal for walking and looking around (I've never seen so many different species of trees and plants) and Broadway offers a wide array of people watching and places to eat. Breakfast consisted of the usual fare with the exception of the awesome homemade muffins. Cranberry/Orange was my favorite. I highly recommend it with one caveat that I'll note in the "choose a good room" box.

Room Tip: The Rose Room is perfect for one person. But being in the center of the house (the former laundry ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent three nights in Seattle at this large B&B in one of the lower floor rooms. The room was large and quiet. Pleasant personal attention from Darryl (manager/owner). The surrounding area includes a nice mix of residential streets and restaurants and clubs. Parking is either in the premises or nearby streets and was not a problem. Volunteer Park with the Seattle Asian Art Museum and a noteworthy conservatory are just a couple of blocks away. Breakfast was average and consisted of muffins, cereals, yogurt and fresh cut fruit. The mansion has been lovely restored.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Bacon Mansion was very clean with an amazing old charm. We stayed in carriage loft room with private entrance, frig, microwave, coffee maker, hot chocolate variety of teas,wifi throughout mansion. 10 minute walk to bars and restaurants, Continental breakfast in beautiful dining room consisted of choice of cereals, juice,mixed fruit and yogurt, coffee & tea. Bed were comfortable and area was quiet for a good nights sleep. Owner could have been more friendly, never smiled and seemed he didnt like his job, overall would highly recommend Bacon Mansion.

Room Tip: All rooms are in the mansion except Carriage house suite and Carriage loft suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PARIS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

It's a big house very well situated in downtown Seattle ..but not runed by the owners..it managed in a cold way by a person in charge of housekeeping. Didn't feel really like at home there ..rooms don't seems to be really clean..and the breakfast is pretty poor ..muffin & a cup of fruits . We are not desapointed, but we will not be back..there is much better places where to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Urantia
Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I booked our family get-away a few months prior to summer holidays, and I was impressed from the start by Darryl's attention to detail, and customer care-- he called me as soon as I made my online booking to clarify a question. An email would have sufficed. When we arrived, our rooms were ready-- we took over the carriage house and loft, the kids had downstairs and we were in the loft-- a perfect arrangement for our family. Considerate amenities everywhere, and Darryl was very helpful with maps and info. Absolutely loved the neighbourhood of Capitol Hill. I wish I had had more time to explore it, but we did eat at "poppy" twice--so delicious. If I had to pick a couple of negatives about the stay (and who says I have to!?) I would say the breakfast was a little light-- if you are from the UK, do NOT expect a Full English. However, the fruit was gorgeously fresh, and there was a wide variety of teas, fresh coffee, a few kinds of juice and cold cereal, yogurt, and all of it plentiful, along with freshly baked muffins, a different variety every morning. As another reviewer said, it sets you up for the day, and you can spend those calories on lunch and dinner. This was my first trip to Seattle, and I hope to return to the Bacon Mansion often.

Room Tip: Carriage House has a pull out sofa bed, and a nice little kitchen. The loft is just bed, bath and c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ReadLisaRead
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in the clipper room. We were a block away from a bus stop to pikes place market and all the tourist attractions. The place was clean and had great character. Darryl was helpful when we asked him for assistance. The breakfast didn't sell the place which made us hesitant. But really it was perfect because we were able to save our calories for all the wonderful seafood during lunch and dinner. In the end is was the perfect choice. We would definitely stay here again when we are in Seattle.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Simons Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a couple nights at the Bacon Mansion, and we'll be sure to stay there next time we visit Seattle. The location makes it a great "home base" for exploring the cities sites. The every route we used to and from the mansion was pleasant and scenic. A myriad of great shops and restaurants were nearby. The home itself is very comfortable and relaxing.
Breakfast was very good. I expected it would be a little too light, but left the table satisfied and energized both mornings. Daryl was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple