“Excellent stay in cool Georgetown” 5 of 5 bubbles

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Excellent stay in cool Georgetown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

First time poster. The Georgetown Inn was such a great experience I feel compelled to write about my stay. I had business to attend to in the neighborhood and found the Inn on this site. My stay was quality from start to finish, a great staff and bright, clean rooms. Say "hello" to the jefe Richard, he's a great guy!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank GrBenton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is located in the artsy & authentically-Seattle neighborhood of Georgetown. It is one block away from a number of cool cafés, bars, restaurants, bookstores and music shops. The room we stayed in was impeccably clean and comfortable. The service was outstanding and the breakfast delicious. They even have Stumptown and Fonte coffee (the best)! The lobby and breakfast area are nicely decorated with stylish stools & chairs and Georgetown Art Attack posters. Every single person we encountered at the front desk (I wish I could remember all their names) was incredibly helpful and attentive, and offered plenty of suggestions and assistance about the area. Especially awesome was Richard. This is the only hotel I will be staying at when I go to Seattle, which I hope will be more often. I highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to the Emerald City.

1 Thank Marie C
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This was the second time we have stayed here. It is a great value. The rooms are stylish, comfortable, large and immaculately clean. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The beds are perfect! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front are on a busy street and you can hear traffic. Ask to stay on a different si...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The only downside is its location adjacent to the I-5 on-ramp in an industrial neighborhood. You'll also find yourself cursing if the uncovered parking spaces are full and you're stuck [literally?] trying to wedge into the pillared carport spots.
But the lobby and staff are very inviting, the rooms are spotless (ours was huge, and I think every one has a fridge if not full kitchenette), and breakfast was great. We barely noticed the traffic noise, and security cameras watch the full exterior in case that's a concern. Seattle hotels are so overpriced in the summer (and spring, and fall), and I would *highly* recommend this as a reasonably-priced alternative.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank srs-seattle
MrGeorgetown, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hey, thanks for the great review! It reminded me of an article I once read about "Man Rules". Rule number 8 is "You can't complain about the brand of free beer in your friend's refrigerator. But, you can complain about the temperature". Same goes here I guess. Can't complain about the free parking at the Georgetown Inn but you can complain if can't actually fit in them. I guess it's our way of making sure we all drive energy efficient small cars? Hey, it's worth a shot...Thanks again and Cheers!
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Easy checkin - quiet clean rooms - late checkout - Fantastic location - friendly staff - and great price. Cannot say anything negative about this fantastic Hotel. I got the room with the Jacuzzi and it turned my business trip into a mini vacation...

Room Tip: Get there early to enjoy every moment
2 Thank Padraig A
MrGeorgetown, Gracious Publican! at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hot Damn! Will you look at that... What a nice review that is...Pleased to hear you enjoyed our modest little hotel... Cheers!
Fairfield, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

From the moment we arrived I felt taken care of. The people at the front desk were always more than accommodating of my needs with a friendly informality that made me feel at home. The room was lovely and bespoke of a much more expensive venue. The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly good including local organic whole grain bread of all things.

2 Thank Tim B
MrGeorgetown, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hey Tim, thanks for the kind words... We look to go organic whenever we can. The bread, the coffee, the tea, often the bananas, the soy milk and the honey are few examples. Even our bath products... I hate the idea of farm hands working in a field full of chemicals and pesticides...Not something I would want to do...When we buy organic we create a market, where there is a market the industry will grow...Heck, I can even get organic whiskey here is Seattle… I’ll drink to that…Cheers!
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had 2 visits in September to this wonderful friendly place. Everywhere was very clean and the bathrooms were spotless. Comfortable beds,crisp cotton sheets and a good nights sleep! The buffet breakfast was more than adequate with fresh fruit muffins , the most delicious multigrain type bread and a good selection of individual packets of jams to go with coffee/ tea.
What also makes this such a good place to stay is the staff. Helpful and obliging and are very willing to help out with eating out recommendations. Tom deserves a special mention as he enthusiastically shared his opinions on where to go/what to do and was such a delight.

Room Tip: We asked for a room that was as quiet as possible and we were allocated one
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MrGeorgetown, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
We may be a fantastic little hotel but you are an equally fantastic person... Really, you are! Some people find things to love and some people find things to hate...Reminds me of the Cat Stevens song...

“Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are”

And you, my dear, are fabulous. Cheers!