“It's the little things that count...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #18 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Westfield Center, Ohio
“It's the little things that count...”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Background: I've stayed in HIs across the world.

This Hotel: I can honestly say this is the best HI I have ever stayed in, worldwide. Their attention to detail is ahhmazing and truly makes me wish all other hotels were the same. Examples: Amazing directions for parking, direct you to the area/garage closest to your room. standard HI receipt and they improve upon it by printing the breakfast menu and today's weather on the back of it!!! The front desk staff was unbelievably kind and knowledgable.

Summary: I will go out of my way to stay at this property in the future and would prefer it over higher classes of hotels as well. Simply a great experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. This means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. I would also like to show my most sincere appreciate for the extremely kind words that you shared. I shared this with my team in total excitement of their efforts to personalize your experience. Your experience is what we want the most of. Your feedback really allowed me to continue to drive our platform of service and reiterate the message of owning each guest. I cannot thank you enough for taking this time for us. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
jerusalem
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We keep going back to Hampton inn when visiting the states. Such a pleasant stay each time. And the Seattle hotel was great. Such a spaceous room , has eveything you need. So comfortable bed! The breakfast and free coffe all day and night are very nice. You get free water bottles as well. The staff is very freindly and helpfull! The hotel is located near the area of the space needle. To get downtown you can take a short bus drive on the #4 bus. I highly recomend this hotel when visiting Seattle!

Room Tip: High floor
Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. This means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my entire team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

DC
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed her for two days before our cruise to Alaska. The room was comfortable and the free breakfast was ok. Two things make this place very memorable. First -- the location is an easy walk to the Space Needle, the Seattle Center park, and restaurants. Second, the staff are all just terrific! This hotel is one of the closest hotels to he cruise port, so it gets a lot of cruise passengers. The staff really goes out of its way to help everyone get to where they need to be. If I were to go to Seattle again, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th flour in the back. It was very comfortable and noise free.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CardsFan05
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. This means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. I really appreciate all of the details that you shared with us. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my entire team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had a 3 night stay in this nice hotel, which is located within a 5 minutes walk from the Space Needle site. The hotel also is very accessible from the main roads (199 and 5), but is located in the nice and quiet neighbourhood. Access from hotel to downtown is easy by public transport. Spacious room with 2 king size beds, clean and comfortable. Very good quality (just a fridge would be helpful, but always refreshing water available in the lobby). Parking lot for cars, 15 dollars a night, which is OK for a big city like Seattle. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast and WiFi complementary.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Mill Valley, CA
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed for four nights at the Hampton Inn. It's very close to the Space Needle & surrounding sights -- an easy walk, but far enough away that it's a bit more calm and quiet. When we first checked in, they'd put us in a street-level room, which was a bummer because we wouldn't be able to open our drapes. Luckily we were able to move to a higher floor so we could let some natural light in. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The room was very spacious -- plenty of room for our small family (mom, dad, and 11yo daughter). The sofabed that my daughter slept in had a nice mattress on it -- not one of those horrible thin mattresses with the springs poking through. We enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast -- there was a good selection and they provided trays so that it was easy to carry the food back to your room if you didn't want to eat in the lobby. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Ground level rooms suck, unless you don't mind having the curtains drawn t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights. We had a ground level King bed room. We were concerned about being on street level but it was fine. Noise wasn't an issue maybe the air con was the noisiest.The bed was very comfortable and bathroom clean and nice. No bar fridge so we did ask about that and they bought a little one to our room- fantastic! The breakfast included was wonderful make your own waffles,fresh fruit,cereal, hot option,yogurt etc. Does get busy so go early or later 940 am or grab a bagged breakfast at the front desk. Complimentary cookies at the desk in the afternoon.Staff very nice and helpful. Fantastic place across the road New York Pizza- great food and drink and great prices. Hotel is a great location near Space Needle and Monorail-3 mins to Downtown- $2.25 per ride.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. This means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. I truly appreciate the time and details that you shared on your stay. This is so great for me to share with my staff. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel is located very close to the Space Needle and other attractions. The hotel is clean, quiet, the staff is polite and efficient. The beds were comfortable. I recommend this hotel for a city trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family