“Great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Chandler, United States
“Great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Location of this hotel is wonderful. Very close to space needle, etc. and monorail. This was our first trip to Seattle and didn't really know where the attractions were but this hotel fit the bill. Rooms were very comfortable and quiet. Staff was very helpful- arranging taxi and advising great restaurants, etc. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Claude H
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. This means so much to us as we continue to strive to improve. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my entire team. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel is located close to the Space Needle. Great location, clean, the employees are very nice, and great restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Seattle.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MommyIsTheQueen

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

This Hampton was very pleasant and comfortable. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The rooms themselves were very clean and large. Very nice! Security is tight which is ok with me!
The location is spot on for going to a Mariners game as it is just across the street. Our room in fact faced the beautiful stadium.
The pool on the roof is wonderful and kept very clean. Lots of fun!
I would stay there again.
They do have a restaurant/bar attached which also had great service and good food!

2 Thank diannemn

Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We loved the suite, the rooms were comfortable and clean, the view was amazing, the breakfast was ample and delicious, and our family liked it better than the more upscale hotels we had stayed in on our trip.

2 Thank MDStaley

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel. It's very well situated, super close to the Space Needle. However, it was also quite expensive. For the price I paid, I'd expect a 4.5 star hotel. This may just be Seattle hotel pricing, though.

The bigger issue was noise. Our room was on the ground floor. Next to our room was the housekeeping center. Across from our room was the guest laundry room. A few doors down was the elevator. Suffice to say it was quite noisy most of the time.

The breakfast was nice, though it can get very busy (a lot of people stayed at this hotel before leaving on a cruise to Alaska).

One odd quirk was that they would not allow me to attach my Hilton Hhonors number to my reservation because I "booked through a third party site." The only time I've come across this is if I got a hotel deal through HotWire, where I didn't know the hotel in advance. In this case, however, I booked it on a site where I explicitly chose this hotel, so I'm not sure what that's about.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ThetaSigma99

Rolling Meadows, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very nice place. Quiet rooms and the suite was perfect. Breakfast was so so, but it was free. We were able to walk to any part of Seattle Center. Close to restaurants and the monorail. We will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Peter D

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

For $300 a night, the room is average. Checked in and the front desk guy gave me the wrong room, I called and then got it all corrected but It was inconvenient. Anyway, the walls are super thin, noise in the hallway and can hear everything that is going on in the bathroom. Pillows are flat and uncomfortable but overall bed is nice.

Had good front desk staff in the evening...all guys. In the morning, went to check out and the front desk gal Kimberley was really rude. She never said hello or asked me how my stay was. Instead she chewed me out for not presenting the gift certificate I had at the time of check-in. I told her that both reservations and the front desk staff from last night said I could present as payment upon check-out. She appeared annoyed and angry, never smiled, really uncomfortable and unpleasant. Made me not want to come back here again. She never said thank you, I asked her for a receipt and that seemed to make her upset as well. She ruined what was an average stay to make it awful.

I tried to call back for a Managers help but was put through twice to a guest room. The lady said...we're coming down stop calling us which meant that the staff must have called her to leave. Also not cool. Never got through to the Managers office.

Having to check in at 4pm and leave promptly by 11am...$300 not exactly worth it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank RJtravel777
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my personal apology for the service that you recieved during your stay with us. I was very surprised to hear of this, as this is not typical of our staff. I will not make any excuses for short falls in service. This is an area where we take great pride. Please rest assure that I will follow up on this item directly. In the same breathe, it is important to me that we make this right for you. That being said, I have taken the liberty in honoring the 100% Guarantee for one night stay with hopes that you would see this as fair compensation for this apparent shortfall in service. In order for me to apply this immediately, i ask that you contact me directly via email at james.oneal@hilton.com. I do hope that this is viewed as an isolated incident and we have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area. I eagerly await your response.