“Great location, clean hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
“Great location, clean hotel”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in June. We arrived after a 6 hour flight before the check in time but were pleased that our room was ready. Staff was friendly and helpful...giving directions and ordering a taxi for our last day early morning departure. There was bottled water available at arrival and cookies in the evening. Room was a decent size and beds were comfortable. The hotel was clean. The free breakfast was your average continental with both hot and cold options. They also have a grab and go breakfast. The hotel is located about a 5-10 minute walk from the space needle. We relied on public transportation while we were there. You can ride the light rail to the westlake stop and then jump on the monorail to the space needle. We also rode bus 3 to the pioneer square area. The bus stop is right by the hotel. Just beware if you ride the bus..they stop on both sides of the street so be sure you know which side to get on or you may get a much longer ride than you expected (this happened to us and a 20 minute ride turned into a 55 minute ride). We would stay here again if ever in seattle.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank JoAnn P
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Loveland, CO
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Seattle for business. I have stayed here before my husband about 3 years ago, and I am happy to say that the quality of the hotel remains excellent. The location is about two blocks from the Seattle Space Needle in an area of Seattle that is upscale and quiet. A nice respite after a day of walking and touring Seattle. There are many restaurants within walking distance, including the city's oldest Thai Restaurant, Thai Heaven. I highly recommend dining there! The monorail is right at the Space Needle and for $4.50 round trip, it will take you to downtown Seattle and about 5 blocks from Pike Place. The hotel is very busy at this time of year so book early. The rooms are clean, comfortable and contain all the basic amenities including WIFI. The décor is modern and pleasing to the eye, especially when you don't see worn carpets, and outdated furniture after 3 years. The bathrooms are stocked with Neutrogena products and the shower stalls are sparkling. Something that is really important to me. There is a free full breakfast in the morning and if you are there on business they provide a breakfast on-the-go bag at the front desk with fruit, water, and a muffin and cereal bar. There is no restaurant or bar here but if you just go across the street you'll find NY pizza and a drink. The parking here is a bit scarce, but I was allowed to park in the 15 minute zone all night. One downfall was the room was a bit noisy as the people above me sounded as if they were walking in lead boots. I suggest a top floor room if you are a light sleeper like me. Important to note, the room provides earplugs which tells me this issue has been raised and they have made provisions for the problem. The staff are friendly and help to make your stay a good one. Don't forget your umbrella!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, it's quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank nkrajci
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, June 19, 2014

Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great location for weekend stay. It was close to the Seattle center that had lots going on during the weekend. Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, EMP museum, Pacific Science museum, Space needle, monorail to Pike's place, Seattle Aquarium, harbor cruises, etc.

Beds were comfortable, breakfast was good. The staff was able to keep our bags in storage after we checked out because we had a very late flight. All in all a good experience.

1 Thank likecomfort_10

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I decided to stay here because I wanted to be near downtown Seattle. This hotel is a little dated on the outside. The location is not really downtown, but it is within a 20-minute drive. There are plants of landmarks within 10-minutes of this hotel.

This is a typical Hampton Inn, nothing fancy, but not a bad value for the money. They did offer hot cookies (free) throughout the day. The check was hassle free and quick. The staff was very courteous and answered al of our questions, but they don't really know the immediate area, but we had our GPS and had no trouble getting around'. I would avoid asking the staff about places to eat downtown unless it is a really popular place..

The rooms were cleaned and cooled when I check-in. The rooms were a nice size and met my needs. There were no free water available which was unexpected. The beds were comfortable and led to good night sleep. We did not get a chance to experience the breakfast because we departed for the airport at 6:30 in the morning.

I would stay here again, but not as a first choice, but overall it was almost what I expected other than the building looking a little outdated.

The one big negative is no free Wi-Fi. That is insane in this day and age. I can't understand the expensive parking fees, considering you park your self in a dark garage at night.

Consider other options first and use this as your backup option.

Cheers
MarylandVacation

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. You shared some high points and also some points that really stood out to me. We are extremely happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. The comment of not having Free WiFi concerns me, because we do offer free WiFi. Maybe there is some confusion on hotels. However the case may be, we appreciate the time that you have taken to share with us and hope that we have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 13, 2014

i know that I can be picky about hotels but went in with open mind based on other reviews. The location is great if you want to explore the space needle or seattle center. However once you have done that then not much else. I did walk to Pike's Place and back which wasn't bad. Being downtown would have been much better. As far as the hotel...Husband is diamond member and asked for an upgrade at 2 pm and was told they were gone. (Usually hotels hold a few) but with that said we took what we had.
Room is on smaller side. Needs some upgrades. There is an old style heating and cooling system. For the life of us you could not get a happy medium. Either too cold or hot and humid. There were drink stains on the wall and the floors felt grimy and looked old. The tile in bathroom and outside front door was sticky and felt as though they may break if you walk on them to hard. The shower door was awful and one side would barely move. The hallways were in need of some upgrading as well. We finally had breakfast there this morning and it is average att best. This seems to be a huge stopping point for cruises so it was chaotic this morning. Parking garage is small and not easy to manuever. I could hear water running all the time and also what appeared to be "others" flushing.
I don't like to have the room cleaned everyday as I feel it is unnecessary so I can not speak to that. Like I said I was disappointed. Just felt old, unclean, and loud. Do not think this would be a return for me. Love the Hamptons for a quick stop somewhere but for more than a night this one is going to cut it especially at over $200 a night.

Room Tip: Try a suite and a high floor, otherwise no.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jacalix
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This means a great deal to us as we strive to continuously improve. I was dissappointed to hear of your stay, as none of which that was mentioned is typical of our property. I would like to personally apologize for your exoperience. Please rest assure that I will be sharing this feedback with my staff, we will be following up on the room you stayed in and we hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Macon, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Great staff, very helpful. Dining area was kept very clean. Tea and coffee was always available. The fitness center was adequate with stair stepper, tread mills. The hallways seemed dark and the room seemed dark as well. We always turning on all the lights. Close enough to walk to space needle and park.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Caledonia
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Loved the location, and the staff is super welcoming and accommodating. They are also very knowledgeable about Seattle, transportation options, restaurants, etc. rooms felt homey, clean and good value for location. Beds were super comfortable. Morning breakfasts were a step up from most Hampton Inn's, and we enjoyed the food. I would advise visitors that the only way in and out of the parking garage is horrifying. It is the steepest ramp. And you must stop to insert your key card. Coming out is just as bad, because you have to get up the ramp without hitting pedestrians. Only glitch of the entire stay