“Room excellent, breakfast poor”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The bed was big and comfortable - just right for me with a firm mattress. The toilet (washroom) and shower were great. Very helpful and friendly staff. Warm cookies on reception at around 5.30 pm - very nice! Location was just right for us - walking distance to the Space Needle, EMP Museum, etc and not much further to the waterfront.

The breakfast offers a wide choice, but generally not very good though I liked the muffins and the coffee (which along with other hot drinks is available round the clock).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We were very happy to hear that we met your needs in many ways and that overall you had a great experience. My interest would be in your comment in regards to breakfast. We pride ourselves in the many choices and the variety that we offer. As compared to other Hampton Inn & Suites as well as other hotels in our fair comparison, we far exceed in our offerings. I would be interetsted in hearing suggestions and or recommendations on options that you feel we should offer. I eagerly await your response.

Hospitably Yours

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here a few times now and both times the service and stay including breakfast has been outstanding. The have renovated some of the rooms and the showers are very roomy. The only downside is the mattress need to be replaced. Our last visit we found a very springy not at all even moderately firm mattress and having asked management several times for it to be replaced, it wasnt. Staying 3 nights it nerely killed our backs and front desk was responsive with a nice gift basket towards the end of our stay but no real attempt at comping our room or expressing there was a problem with our mattress. I would think a huge hotel and chain has mattesses available to be replaced at a moments noice or at least exchange for something better than a trampoline. I would stay at Hampton again downtown Seattle but mattresses need to be replaced and or a firmer mattress should be available upon request for people who suff with a bad back who need a bit more support.

Room Tip: find a good mattress and dont settle for less!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We truly appreciate this. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay but had a challenge with our mattress's. I have shared your feedback with my team. I your case we did have alternatives. Not another type of mattress, but what we have done with other guest who suffer from back issues, is utilize a firm bed board to go beneath the mattress. This has helped everyone in the past and I am convinced it would have improved your experience. This is something that we will keep in mind for your future visits. You are a valued guest and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I lived in Seattle for two years, pre-kids, and recently returned with our 13 and 11 year olds for a visit. Knowing the area we chose this hotel, and it was perfect.

First a bit about Seattle geography, if you're a fist-time visitor. This hotel is in Lower Queen Anne or the Seattle Center area. Some of the things you may want to do are in the downtown business district -- Pike Place Market, for example, or the Pioneer Square underground tourt -- but a lot of the other stuff is in the Seattle Center area, including the Space Needle, the Experience Music Project, and the Dale Chihuly glass museum. It's easy to get downtown by taking the Monorail from Seattle Center to Westlake, or you can drive (there's parking along First Ave., before you hit the Market). It's a bit too far to walk. But all of the attractions in the Seattle Center area are easily walkable from the Hampton Inn. There's a pretty good Mexican restaurant called Laredos, also an easy walk from the Hampton, and a QFC, which is the local high-end grocery store chain just across the street.

If you have a car, this place is in a perfect location, because there's a way on and off State Highway 99/Aurora Ave. that is very close to the hotel. Aurora is the main north-south route in the core part of Seattle, and being able to get on and off easily means you have easy access to the neighborhoods north of Lake Union, like Ballard, Fremont, Wallingford, and the University District. It's not hard to get to I-5, along South Lake Union, but avoid I-5 if you can help it, as it's often a traffic nightmare.

The hotel itself is great. We had a two-bedroom suite, which was perfect for us and the kids. There was a sitting area with a gas fireplace and a kitchenette -- lots of room. The suites are in a separate wing, and it's pretty quiet down there. I thought the bar across the street would cause noise problems, but the room was well soundproofed. Breakfast in the morning was free and pretty good, with different hot items each morning. As other reviewers have mentioned, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Parking is easy in the underground garage. One reviewer said access was difficult, but we didn't find it hard at all (although we had a small car.) The only small gripe is that our room was hot at night -- there didn't seem to be much ventilation in it -- although the kids' room and the sitting area were fine.

This isn't a romantic getaway -- it's not Inn at the Market, for example -- but for a family visit you can't beat the combination of price, location, and friendliness. I would stay again, without question.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank BWfromIthaca

Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Hampton Inn and Suites just north of downtown Seattle is one of the nicest and homiest places I have ever stayed in. It is perfectly located just three blocks from the Space Needle and the Monorail, which is easy to ride and takes you right into the heart of downtown in a couple short minutes. Or you can walk in the opposite direction up the hill for 10-15 minutes to Kerry Park and a glorious view of the Seattle sky line, including the Space Needle and Mt. Rainier (weather, as always, permitting). The hotel itself is very welcoming with a very friendly and helpful reception staff. The suite accommodations were spacious and perfect for our needs. Refrigerator, stove, microwave, utensils, etc. Washing machine and dryers strategically positioned off the hallways. Everything clean and well maintained. There was always a hot meal choice at breakfast with bagels, etc. also available. There is a large QFC supermarket just a block away that is open 24/7. On-site parking was ample. Seattle is a wonderful city and this Hampton Inn and Suites is a perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Suites that are next to laundry rooms have additional closet space which comes in very handy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jmgradon

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Excellent stay in this hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. It was quiet and clean. I found it very convenient as a base for exploring housing possibilities across Seattle. I had a little extra time at the end of my stay and went over to the Chihuly exhibit at the Seattle Center which is less than a 5 minute walk. The only quirky thing is that there are two buildings which are connected in a certain way on the 3rd floor, so you need to think about how to get to a particular place. For example, breakfast is in one building, but one of the enclosed parking lots is connected to the second building. It wasn't a problem one you got the hang of it, and they give maps and directions at registration.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over Easter and had a great stay the only complaints I have is that we didn't get our room cleaned Friday because we didn't checked in until very early Friday, if this was the case why did we get charges for that night? My other complaint is that there no gluten free options but we found it hard to find gluten free options in most of the restaurants we ate at, which is a huge issue when traveling with someone with a gluten allergy.

We have an electric car and it would be so great if the hotel could install some outlets in their underground parking. We can charge our car on a regular outlet and it would have been so convent if we could have done this.

The only reason we wouldn't stay here again is because we can not charge our car if we came without a car I would not hesitate to stay again. The bed was comfortable, the rooms were nicely set up, the staff was friendly and within walking distance to the space needle, music museum, monorail a grocery store and much much more.

Stayed: April 2014
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We were delighted to hear that there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed and some that promoted a challenge. In regards to the electrical car, if asked we could have accomodated. Just something to make note of as this could be a deciding factor on future stays. You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business. We hope to have the opportunity to earn this again on future visits to the Seattle area.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This is the only hotel in Seattle I will stay at. Great Location, close to downtown, space needle and a grocery store across the street. Most importantly... GREAT STAFF! Rachel and Bruce, thank you for all your help and making sure we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank CDA_1976
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were very excited to hear that you had a pleasurable experience with us during your visit to the Seattle area. I was extremely excited to hear of the service you received from Rachel and Bruce!! Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my entire team and especially Rachel and Bruce. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.