“Better than before”

Ranked #20 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Bellingham, Washington
“Better than before”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This Hampton Inn has a perfect location, as I have reviewed this hotel before. Now it is even better, judging by the recently renovated 6th floor room we stayed in this week. The bathroom had a large shower, no tub, and plenty of vanity space. Clean and comfortable room. Great restaurants within walking distance, and a very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rick L
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were extremely happy to hear of your great experience with us and appreciate your recommendations. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. We hope to have the opportunity to earn your business once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This Hampton Inn is one of the bet I have stayed. It is in a great location just a couple blocks from the Space Needle and the transit. Staff is EXELLENT and lots of places within walking distance to eat or grab a cup of coffee. The lobby and breakfast area are quite large and comfortable making this a nice area to just relax outside of your room. I will definitely be back for work or pleasure.

1 Thank Linda C
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2014

Rochester, NY
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This location has completed a major renovation 2 years ago, and the rooms are great. This is an excellent location for access to Seattle Center and the Space Needle, and therefore easy access by monorail to the downtown area. Within a short walking distance of a number of restaurants and a QFC grocery store (Krogers). Excellent helpful staff. I have stayed at this location on all of my trips into the Seattle area.

2 Thank rrpd
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2014

Andover
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I would stay here again, Staff was great. Close to downtown. Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was good and they gave me great ideas for eating out each evening. Parking was secure. Overall no issues, speedy check in and check out. D. Spencer

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, March 17, 2014

San Carlos, California
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I found this hotel for the Pac 12 conference Women's BB tournament, last year, I had a great experience so I returned again this year. It was better than last, not sure how they did it, but it was a wonderful stay. It is close to the Key Arena, and super convenient. I love that we are not nickeled and dimed. You have fresh fruit, water and coffee/tea all day. The hotel is immaculate. You have free internet service, rooms are comfortable, my room was 5th floor and quiet. Breakfast is full of variety and quality is good. I love the waffles fresh and fruit, but there is plenty to choose from--eggs, yogurt, pastries, etc. Very nice. If you are in a hurry they pack little snack bags, and also have cookies in the afternoon. I felt spoiled. I asked for water and they offer free bottled water. I was greeted and treated nicely, warmly and with attention and respect. The staff is very hard working and customer care driven. I will return, they are awesome! This is rare in this business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, March 16, 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I booked a suite for the AWP Conference two weeks ago. The room was clean, comfortable, and much bigger than I thought it was going to be. I actually felt like I was in my own home. But that's not the best part of my stay at this hotel—the best part is the staff. Everyone was incredibly pleasant. The people at the front desk were incredibly helpful with directions, calling cabs, and recommending some of the best restaurants I've ever been to. The Housekeeping staff all greet you with a good morning, and the breakfast staff are efficient and very clean. Mrs. Choy was always willing to help with food and was always ready to clean a table and offer mints. Everyone at this property made my stay in Seattle a fun experience I will never forget. THANKS!
Also, the location is perfect for those wanting to stay close to the Space Needle, and across the street form the hotel is a food store open 24 hours for complete convenience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Phillytravelwriter

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

First off, I am a germophobe and dirty bathrooms give me the willies. I am so happy to say that our room was exceptionally CLEAN! I was so grateful to the housekeeping staff for taking pride in their work and for providing me with a room I could enjoy.

We had a king suite with a sofabed and television in the living room. The kitchen was also spotless and the suite was very spacious. Our room 354, faced a gas station with a convenience store attached, so not much of a view.

The breakfast was very good and the ambiance in the dining area was great.

The front staff was EXCEPTIONAL. From the person who checked us in well after midnight, to the person who said goodbye at 4:30am a few days later, everyone was very pleasant, polite, and professional.

My one complaint is the air conditioning. Why ruin such a beautiful room and wonderful experience with such an out-dated contraption that sits on the floor and sounds like a fighter jet? It was so loud that it was impossible to sleep through. The vents blew directly into the bottom of the dresser, which didn't help cool the room. What's worse, there is NO air conditioner at all in the living room, so we suffocated in the warm, stagnant air. We called the front desk and were told to open our balcony doors to air the room out, which we did. However, with the balconies so close together we were not comfortable sleeping with the doors open all night, so once we closed them it was back to sauna time. We were up and down all night opening the door for air, closing it to get a couple hours of sleep, then getting up to open it again. Ridiculous!

I know it would be an expense to fix this problem, but I really think management should bring the hotel up to date in this manner. Again, why ruin such a beautiful experience by having outdated cooling and heating systems?

All in all, I still give the service and the cleanliness five stars because none of the fine people who took care of us control the construction of the cooling systems.

Great stay. Thanks for lending us the umbrellas. It was such a special touch!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor.