“Updated rooms but a little disappointing”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I'm an Honors member so stay at Hiltons when it works (rates better than Marriotts etc). Have stayed at this hotel in the past & it has been remodeled. Amenities downgraded though. Paper cups, minimal amenities & denied room of choice on top floor when clearly available disappoints. That said, I would stay again for a night for business if the rate is significantly different from other similar properties.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. I have shared this with my team to review and enlighten them on your perception. We appreciate your time and your business and hope to see you again on your future travels to the Seattle area.

Hospitably Yours.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Front desk staff are great. Breakfast attendants are super-attentive and the oatmeal is first rate. You can walk to several good restaurants and bars. Downtown conveniently nearby (good shopping, etc.)

1  Thank bg8friends
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am completely to hear of your experience with us and all of the items you enjoyed during your stay. I have shared this with my team. We truly appreciate your extremely kind words and the fact that you chose us for your stay in Seattle. We wish you and your family a very safe and Happy Holiday Season. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stay at the Hampton Inn from time to time as a personal treat. Rates are very reasonable. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful and checking in is a breeze. The company has really gone out to make the stay a fun one with specific pictures on your door, funny clips in the elevator that gets a smile in the morning. Rooms are clean, quiet and a great Restaurant/Bar across the street and a Full Grocery store a block away, wish I could move in.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bob E
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel on the tail end of an extended visit back to the states. The price was appealing as was the proximity to our old neighborhood (Queen Anne). We were not expecting much from this hotel, merely a consistent place to come back to sleep, shower, and re-group from visiting with friends and family. We arrived at the hotel very early and they were able to accommodate us with early check in. During a busy time of year this may not be possible but was a nice bonus for check in. Our room was a nice size, clean, and in good repair.

Our first morning there we decided to try our luck with the breakfast and this was where I was truly surprised. The options were nearly endless as far as hotel breakfasts go. Rotating hot egg and meat options daily, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, bagels or toast, 5 different kinds of cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt and coffee or tea.

They had an area where you could purchase additional snacks, forgotten toiletries, etc but the hotel is located across the street from a grocery store so it was simply a convenience factor. The staff was courteous and would give you a smile whenever you passed by. This hotel is walking distance to several popular Seattle attractions but is still tucked away from the bustle that is downtown. Would gladly stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wattage85
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Again I picked a Hampton Inn in the city where I was going and not disappointed. This Inn is a large property and is close to downtown, the Space Needle and other attractions. The staff was great and one of the better hot breakfast in the chain. Will stay there again when in Seattle.

1  Thank License697

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Everything was great, and their breakfast buffet is the best! I only had one problem as they had music playing all night long in the carport. I called around 3AM and they lowered the volume (didn't understand why there was music at the entrance...)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WHOI
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We arrived fairly late after a long flight and were checked in quickly. We all enjoyed a restful night sleep. Our 2 bedroom suite was fairly small but well organised and comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped and the hotel was in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family