“Everything was good, but for a tempermental staff member”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Chicago, Illinois
“Everything was good, but for a tempermental staff member”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

First of all, let me say that I am a Hilton Honors member and I am very loyal to the Hilton brands for both work and vacation. I used my points to stay here and overall it was a nice experience. This is a prime location. It isn't quite downtown, but that's ok. It's a nice walk to the downtown area. I definitely got my exercise walking around. It was nice.I felt very safe staying here and because of all the walking, I feel like I know downtown Seattle. The hotel is only 2 blocks from the Space Needle.
It was a nice hotel and overall, I can't complain....except for one little detail. There was a young hostess who was short with the clients. I was doing some work on the computer and I was able to hear a lot of the conversations. Wow! Was she condescending! One lady let her have it and instead this staff member seemed to enjoy this verbal altercation! I noticed this at least two other times.
Then it happened to me. I simply asked a question and her response was a roll of the eyes and a, "Sure, whatever, if you want your water, we'll give you your water." Totally didn't let me finish what I meant to say.
Is this the way that Hilton Honor members are treated at your establishment? I've been around many Hilton hotels and seeing this type of treatment was remarkable. Please feel free to contact me if you would like further details.
All in all, great location. Everyone, but one was pleasant. I would stay here again if I were using points, but definitely not if I were spending my money. For that, I would spend at the other Hilton in town where I feel my business would be appreciated more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David A
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please let me begin by saying "Thank you" taking the time to share your feedback. In the same breathe, I would like to apologize for what you not only witnessed but experienced as well. I was very surprised to hear of this as this is totally opposite of what we promote in our service culture at this property. I would like to gain more information from you so that I could follow up on this accordingly. I eagerly await your response.

James O'Neal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Very good location, walking distance from the Space Needle. I loved the chocolate chip cookies they offer at the lobby! Nice rooms. Breakfast with a good variety of food. Indoor parking available, very important for Seatlle.

Room Tip: Better not to be too far from the elevator, but not too close.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. This means a great deal to us and we deeply appreciate it. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property met your needs. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Well maintained hotel. Large spacious rooms that were clean with many amenities. Hotel set up is funky and we had to walk outside to get to the breakfast area. Odd, but doable.
The food was typical and appropriate temperature. Despite a large eating area it was crowded both mornings. This hotel seems to be a shoulder hotel for cruises.
I tried to print from our hotel room and that service was not successful. But, they had a business center so we were able to print there.
We stayed at the Hampton Inn to go to a ball game and to see other tourist areas. It was several miles away. We walked it as the weather was glorious. You may need to look at other transportation if you can't walk distances or weather was inclement.
If you stay in Hampton Inn or other Hilton hotels. It is worthwhile signing up for their point system. We have had several free hotel nights by doing this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We arrived at the hotel hours early and hoped to leave our bags but the kind lady on reception said she had a room available and checked us in! That was great as it let us drop off our luggage and head out to see the city.

Our room was Hampton standard - very clean and comfortable and roomy. Sadly, despite asking for it on booking, we had no city views - just a tree and a side view of a road. However, having been checked in early we accepted that we had forfeited that! Who needs a view anyway when you are out seeing the city all day!

There was a very nice breakfast area and although the hotel was obviously busy - it wasn't chaotic and was an enjoyable experience. A variety of breakfast options including the Hampton waffle maker! The only complaint I have with Hamptons is the fact they provide plastic cutlery and plates! Lets down an otherwise great chain.

We were a few minutes walk from the Space Needle and the mono rail station which takes you into downtown Seattle in minutes. Lake Union is a few blocks in the opposite direction.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We selected this hotel since it was close to the Seattle Opera House and we would be staying for a week. The rooms are quite comfortable and the front desk extremely helpful. Breakfasts in the morning were wonderful; something for everyone and different every day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Berniesgirl1
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We were very excited to hear that you had a great experince with us. I will make sure to share this with my team. We looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Was surprised to see such a small lobby and narrow hallways but the rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast served each morning with variety for everyone - if you cannot find something, you are real picky! There was a major screw up on billing and to make a long story short, ANNISA (assistant mgr) worked with me to clear up issue, credit back charges, talk to the bank a out NSF charges incurred due to the hotel messing up and got me a free room for the night at any Hilton. The location is a short walk from space needle and entrance to monorail. Lots of little restaurants surrounding hotel that are obviously local favorites as hotel is smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood on a hill. Our room had 2 queen size beds (whereas the website states doubles).......if ever back in Seattle, I would stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I was very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and very pleased to hear that we were able to correct the issue that you experienced quickly and turn around what could have been a very bad experience. I will make sure to share your feedback with my team and especially Annisa. Thank you so much for choosing us and your continued confidence in our product and service. We look forward to your next visit to the Seattle area and seeing you again.

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites near Seattle Center. We chose this hotel because of its location to the Seattle Opera. We enjoyed everything about this hotel. The staff was pleasant, helpful and friendly. The location was perfect for a five-minute walk to the opera. Since we were there for Wagner's Ring Cycle, this was particularly handy as the operas tended to finish close to midnight and it was wonderful to walk the few blocks to the hotel rather than try to find a taxi or take the monorail downtown. The buffet breakfast had a good variety of breakfast offerings, was frequently refilled and new hot items were offered daily. Our suite was large and very comfortable with a full kitchen, living room area with a small dining table and a very comfortable bed and a balcony. It was like having a small apartment in the city. Seattle Center (Space Needle location) was located several blocks from the hotel and there were good restaurants within several blocks. There is bus service to downtown within a block and the monorail is about a ten-minute walk away. Great location, great service and such a wonderful service staff. Loved the complimentary cookies and 24-hour coffee service too!!

Room Tip: We asked for a courtyard room as other travelers had recommended that, but it was quiet after 11 p.m...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2013