“Not as good as most of this brand.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #19 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm a big fan of this brand but the construction of this hotel seemed to be done "on the cheap".

The bathtub made noises when you stood in it for a shower like it was going to crack, and the soundproofing wasn't up to the standard of other hotels in chain. I don't know if it was because we had a hotel full of very noisy, inconsiderate people but the noise from the hallway (we were on the 4th floor) was very disturbing and didn't allow for peaceful sleep. Also the noise from the room above and either side was a problem.

Apart from the noise issues though our experience wasn't too bad here. We stayed 3 nights, the reception staff was helpful and friendly and the location was very good for our first trip to Seattle. There are some very nice local restaurants withing walking distance and buses right past the front door.

I would stay here again but would request a room on the top floor at the very end of the corridor.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the 1st floor between reception and the elevators because everyone has to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Whinnie
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, kind words and honesty. Please rest assure that I will share this with my team and we continue to explore ways to address your concerns. We appreciate your business and continued support. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to the Seattle area.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Okay, so maybe the Hampton isn't swank. But the staff are always welcoming and the rooms are always clean and comfy (at least mine are).

And it's nice to have a large and talented grocery store a block or so away.

But the real selling point is proximity to the EMP and Science Fiction Museum.
That's why I always choose the Hampton over the Tyrell Corporation penthouse.

Besides, at the Hampton I never worry who's using the elevator at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are extremely delighted to hear that we meet your needs and very appreciative of your continued support of our product and service. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Paid about $300 for a king suite. It was on the ground floor, a long long walk down many winding halls and an elevator ride from the lobby. Don't open the curtains, they look right onto the parking lot and garage door and dumpster bay. The dumpster truck came before 8 am on Saturday morning, and came back later and noisily dumped about a half dozen dumpster loads, off and on up to about 10 am. This would be heard at all the rooms facing the middle. The room above me had noisy people who stomped around which was very audible in my room, so there is poor sound insulation. The only AC is in the bedroom so the large living room and kitchen area was hot and stuffy in the evening, and the AC in the bedroom was struggling to cool down after a hot day. The hotel was packed for multiple events and the narrow hallways were full of people going back and forth. And the stomping noise upstairs continues nonstop, very audible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Randall B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. We were very disappointed to hear that we fell short in expectations during your stay. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. I would like to follow up with you personally and ask that you please contact me directly at james.oneal@hilton.com. I do eagerly await your response.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Pros: close to the Space Needle, Chihuly Glass Garden, and monorail. Grocery store and several good restaurants rights across the streets. Roomy enough to sleep a family in one suite.

The Cons: Only one bathroom in our suite, and the tub was dirty. The AC unit is so loud that it kept us awake at night, and one bedroom didn't have AC at all and was hot as an oven. The breakfast was OK -- the eggs were powdered (ew!) and seating was limited.

• Stayed: July 2013
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your very kind words and honest feedback. Please rest assure that I am following up on your feedback. It is very important to us that our guest do enjoy their experience with us and we take your feedback very seriously. Please accept my personal apology for this experience. If you would like to reach out to me directly, please feel free to do so. I can be reached at james.oneal@hilton.com. Please that you are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. We hope to have the opportunity to earn this once again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Beautiful and clean. Greatest mattress. Great free breakfast and snacks. within walking distance of space needle and wharf.Friendly staff. It's all you could ask for. I will look for Hampton inns where ever I go. Couldn't have been better. I always take good reviews with a grain of salt but truly could not find anything wrong with this hotel at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. This means a great deal to us as we strive on our service and quality of product efforts. We were so delighted to hear of your experience with us. I have shared your feedback with my staff. Please note that you are a valued guest and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

A party of ten had a two night stay at the Hampton Inn. It was all you could ask for. A short walk to the Space Needle and monorail. Several restaurants and a grocery nearby. The continental breakfast was good and the afternoon cookies fantastic. Most importantly, the staff was as friendly and accommodating as possible. I would not hesitate to stay again. A+ service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to take a moment and personally thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. This means a great deal to us. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my team. We are so delighted to hear of your experience us and that we met your needs and expectations. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. We look forward to the opportunity to seeing you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

You couldn't ask for a better location of a hotel in Seattle. This hotel is within minutes walking distance from the museum district, including the Needle. It's a very clean hotel, and honestly is a step up from most Hamptons I've stayed in. The staff was awesome also (helped me find a great restaurant very close by).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and extremely kind words. This means a great deal to me and my team as we strive to be the very best hotel in the Seattle area. I have shared your feedback with my team and we are all extremely delighted to hear of your experience with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.