“Great stay close to Seattle attractions”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #21 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This property is a mix of traditional hotel rooms and full suites. The layout is a bit confusing, but we figured it out after making a few wrong turns the first day! Parking is a trick for a big car or SUV, but using the two garages is your best best. Beds and pillows were great, and the TVs in the suite were HD, and actually picked up HD signals. Some hotels having figured out how to get the HD quality picture to their new TVs, so that was nice for a change. It was also convenient having a full kitchen in the room.

Everyone working at the hotel is top notch, from the housekeeping and maintenance staff to the front desk clerks. The workout facility, recently updated and moved, is very nice and stays pretty busy. The breakfast was very good, as it is in most Hampton Inns. The hotel is close to a grocery store (QFC, which is a West Coast Kroger-owned store) that is very convient. The Space needle, EMP, Monorail and other attractions at Seattle Center are only a few blocks away. Also, my son enjoyed the daily 5:00PM cookie break (ok, I enjoyed it too....)

The only negatives I could think of are the AC in the 'living room' portion of the hotel didn't seem to work well. There was a wall unit in the bedroom, but the living room was a bit stuffy. Also, the living room got very bright, very early (the sun comes up early in the summer that far north!) in the living room, as there were no blackout curtains over the door leading to the balcony. Not a big deal (we improvised a solution), but our son woke up quite early our first night there!

This is a very quiet location, with little street noise at night (busses and duck boats pass by frequently during the day), so I'd have no problem recommending this location. If I'm in Seattle again, I'd look to book this location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your extremely valuable feedback. We truly appreciate the kinds words and honesty. We are also very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with with us and would recommend our property. We looking forward to your next visit to the Seattle area and seeing you again.

James O'Neal

Write a ReviewReviews (2,049)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

the hotel AC didn't work well in the room. I called the hotel front desk to ask about it but nothing was done to fix it. At least a follow up comment would have been nice. Taking care of the customer must be the most IMPORTANT ingredient to customer satisfaction.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us. It is very disheartening and surprising to hear the response that you got and the service that was provided. This is not typical of our property. Please rest assure that I will follow up with this item. I would appreciate the opportunity, if you could reach out to me directly so I can have proper follow up with you and the situation. You may reach me directly at james.oneal@hilton.com. I do eagerly awaiy your response.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

All of the staff at the Hampton Inn were very professional, courteous and friendly. They went out of their way to answer questions and provide information. I would definitely stay here again. Ed at the front desk was very helpful regarding our questions about the whale watching cruise to Friday Harbor. Mrs. Chow and her staff provided excellent breakfasts.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and extremely kind words. We are delighted to hear of your experience with us and please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my team. Especially Ed and Mrs. Choy. Again, thank you so very much and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the seattle area.

james O'Neal

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights at the Hampton Inn & Suites and any enquires were handled efficiently and nothing was too much trouble in order to meet requests. Complimentary breakfast was good and included a hot selection. Would certainly recommend this hotel for a wonderful stay.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This means a great deal to us as we strive to provide the best service and accomodations to all of our guest. Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my team. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family started our great NW vacation at the Hampton this past June. Our arrival was late since we traveled from the east coast. Staff was friendly upon arrival but the parking was tricky. A hotel representative became aware of our parking predicament and was able to open another garage for us. The beds were very comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was excellent given the number of guests staying here.

The location could not have been better. We were able to walk to the Space Needle and take the monorail to the Pike Place Market area. There was also a grocery store just steps from the hotel for beverages and snacks for the kids. After two days here we sadly checked out and headed west toward the Olympic National Park. Unfortunately, we had left a few personal items including a favorite pillow belonging to my daughter. We immediately contacted the hotel after traveling to Port Angeles. The housekeeping staff and Annisa at the front office located the items and contacted us via e-mail and phone. Owen from housekeeping had the items held at the desk for us to pick up later in the week as we departed back east.

Definitely a great find for a chain hotel with 4 star service.

Room Tip: Get room facing the Space Needle. Avoid the lobby floor...very busy with foot traffic
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for sharing your feedback and your extremely kind words. We are very excited to hear of your experience with us. Please rest assure that I will be sharing your feedback with my team. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Seattle Downtown Inn will stow your luggage if you arrive by cruise ship in the morning. They will also give you an early check in if you plan to stay on in Seattle. It is located near the Space Needle, a public bus stop and a block from a QVS grocery store, which is huge and has a very good deli. I would not say this hotel is in the "heart" of downtown, however.

If you stay, do not get room 402, as we did. I had requested a quiet room, and this one is a corner room at a busy intersection where duck tours pass by, with their loud narration and music. Also, you can hear the office door directly below this room bang all night, open and shut. And you can hear every footstep from the guests directly above. Plus the plumbing from other rooms rattle inside the wall behind the bedstead.
We got very little sleep and in the morning, both my husband and I mentioned it at the reception desk, where we received a bland,"I am sorry" from the two women on duty. At breakfast, which was the traditional generous Hampton spread, the women working there were very friendly. One of them, Maria, asked how I was and I said tired. She asked me why and I told her. She asked me which room we had, and then disappeared. As I was having breakfast, she returned and told me that Hampton would give us a full refund.
We have stayed exclusively at Hampton Inns in the USA because of their service and guarantees. I thanked Maria, who represented Hampton Inns far better than the officials at reception.
After breakfast, we received a call in our room saying we would be reimbursed. Maria should be at the desk, and the others, in the kitchen, in my opinion. She did a good job, far beyond her job description.
I can still recommend this hotel because of its location and catering to cruisers. Just make sure you get a good room. Also, the town car ride to the airport was excellent, but make sure you factor in rush hour, if need be, to make your fight on time.

Room Tip: Insist on a quiet location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HJ-trvlplnr

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your very kind words and honest feedback. I have taken the time to review your feedback with my team and explore all of the opportunity that there is within your story. I was very happy to hear of Maria's proactive approach to your experience and the timing is great. We have been going over situations such as yours and have found great ways to improve. So in essence, you have truly added to our learning and we are deeply appreciative this. You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to earn your busness again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights as part of our Seattle vacation. We enjoyed the location as it was easy for us to get around this part of Seattle. We walked to Seattle Center and took the monorail downtown. We also walked to the waterfront as it was an easy walk down Broad Street. Also close to Lake Union. Our room was clean and comfortable. The buffet was very busy every morning but the food was good. The waffles were a treat. We brought in chocolate chips to add to our waffles. The front desk staff was very accommodating. We needed a taxi while we were there to go to the Amtrak Station and they arranged that and also arranged a towncar for us to go to our other Hampton near the airport for our last night there before flying home. It was pointed out to us by the staff that the towncar would be cheaper and it was about $10.00 cheaper. Very nice of them to point that out. We liked that the grocery store was a block away. If I am ever in Seattle again I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the elevator.
1  Thank ILuvtotravel48
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for your feedback and sharing. We are extremely excited to hear of your experience with us. The chocolate chips in the waffles sounds excellent. I will have to try that!! :). Please rest assure that I will share your feedback with my team. We do hope to have the opportunity to see you again on your next visit to the Seattle area.