“Amina The Amazing”

Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, Canada
“Amina The Amazing”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This past weekend my friends and I travelled from Vancouver, BC to Seattle to celebrate my bachelorette weekend, and we stayed at the Hampton Inn for 2 nights. The hotel was clean, the continental breakfast was great, but the real superstar of the weekend was the front desk attendant named Amina. She went above and beyond her job and made my stay very special. She sent a bottle of champagne to our room with a lovely card wishing me well in my marriage, she helped us organize outings, and arranged for a town car to come pick us up. She is the sweetest person ever and a very valuable employee for this hotel. If I ever need to book a place to stay in Seattle again, I will stay here because of people like Amina.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LauraPenski
hamptondowntown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We were very happy to hear that we met your needs and you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to earn this again on your next visit to the Seattle area.

James O'Neal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Folsom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I travel to Seattle quite a bit on business and this Hampton inn has become my "go to" Hotel for the downtown Seattle area. The rooms / breakfast are basic Hampton (Clean and simple) which works for me but what sets this hotel apart is the effort the staff makes to make sure my stay is perfect.
As a bonus there are great restaurants within a 2-3 block area and the proximity to downtown is perfect.

Room Tip: 6th floor / "odd" rm # for a quiet, non street facing room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FolsomDude01

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

As a first time visitor to the Hampton Inn & Suites, I wanted to be slightly out of the busy, downtown business district and found the Hampton Inn the perfect location. When I did go downtown, it was an easy 30 minute walk along Fifth Ave w lots of local coffee shops and stores. It is also about 5 minutes from the Monorail and Space Needle for those who are less ambitious. I found myself taking a stroll up the hill into the Queen Anne Heights neighborhood w its spectacular views of downtown skyline, Lake Union and Puget Sound. Highly recommend this side excursion for a relaxing and healthy option. The rooms, beds, staff and conveniences at the hotel were first rate, and I really enjoyed being able to open my window to let in the sea breeze off the Sound. Will definitely return soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Insider2B

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed February 20, 2013

What a nice hotel! Very clean and modern. Have a great breakfast provided each morning with a spacious dining area. The air fresh machines in the hall ways right outside the elevator doors is a nice touch and one you dont always see. Adds a very nice fresh scent to the air. Location is fantastic only a few blocks from the Space Needle and the Public Market. Parking is tricky. Just head to the parking garage and all is good. Rooms are clean, staff is very accomodating. -Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott M

Austin
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arrived at midnight and had to wait at counter some time before someone showed up to check me in. Then the fun began. The hotel is on a hill with check in at upper level and basically shaped like a U with two garages on the lower end of the hill where the Suites are located. Unfortunately I was in the regular Hampton rooms and after parking and schlepping my bags up out of the garage I took the elevator to floor 4 for my room 402. But there was no 402 so down I went and tried to find a way to walk around the 3rd floor with is actually the 1st floor so I could get an elevator to my room on the other side of the hotel. Ten minutes later finally ran into a security guy who was nice enuf to take my bags and show me to my room on the 4th (actually 2nd) floor. Now's it's 12:30 and after an 8hr trip I'm beyond ready for bed. But room #402 is right above the entrance and essentially on the street. And since the street is steep and much of the traffic is trucks it's definitely noisy as they grind the gears going up and down the small hill. To make things even better the room right above me has a VERY squeaky bed and the water pipe above the room also bangs constantly. Was exhausted enuf to fall asleep within 30 minutes and wake up with five hrs sleep in the morning.

Otherwise the four days were OK. Learned the maze to and from the garage and was so tired each night the booming pipe and squeaking bed hardly fazed me. One nice touch was the shower. This Hampton has done away with the dinky bathtub/shower combo that is standard and replaced it with a full size shower only that is very nice.

One of the larger eating areas for breakfast for a Hampton. In spite of that it was over crowded as usual at 8:00am Saturday morning prior to my checkout. As a single I took a small 2 chair table and got a juice and muffin which I set on the table with a copy of my newspaper while I went into the service area to make my waffle and get some oatmeal. When I came out to my table my food had been moved off the table and put on a stand with a plant and my table had been moved to join two others with six people in the process of sitting down, one holding my newspaper. I asked them why they'd moved my food and table and could I have my newspaper back. They were actually insulted and said "well it looked to us like someone had left their food and paper and we're such a large group we needed to move the table." I questioned how a full juice cup, untouched muffin and unopened newspaper could give them the idea the table was unoccupied. Their response again was they were a large group and I shouldn't mind moving somewhere else. The lady working the area came over and very nicely said she'd clear a table a few tables away. As I sat down the large group was loudly complaining about the assortment and quality of the food and decided to leave and go to a restaurant. They left their table full of food and drinks as they walked out. The joys of travel in the USA these days!

Room Tip: Any room but #402!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank MNEAustin

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton this past weekend with some girlfriends. That staff are absolutely wonderful. Pleasant and professional but not over the top - from Kimberley who checked us in to the young man who opened our wine to Javier who made it possible for us to extend our stay.

We had two rooms. Both with 2 beds but one definitely much larger than the other. The larger one faced the inner courtyard/parking and had a great view of the Space Needle. The rooms have been renovated relatively recently and we all really liked the bathrooms.

I used the fitness room which is rather miniature but did the job. They did offer me a pass to the gym at the Four Points but I just needed the treadmill (which needs some lubricant btw - a bit noisy).

Right next door is a 24hr QFC if you need grocery items and a pizza restaurant/bar that put the Hockey Night in Canada game on for us The monorail is right there but we just took cabs and a cab to Pike Place was about $7. It's a good location but certainly not dead centre downtown. You can walk to Key Arena if you are there for an event.

To the hotel - if you are looking to make improvements a mini fridge would have been really nice!

Room Tip: Some rooms facing the inner parking/courtyard have nice views of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EastVanner

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We are now regulars in Seattle visiting our Husky son (no, he is not large, he's at the U of W).
We hav stayed a variety of places including most of those hotels near campus, but have taken to staying nearer to downtown Seattle.

Hilton has a variety of hotel choices in Seattle, with anyone (including the downtown Hilton) being the cheapest to stay depending on the weekend. the Hampton is consistently cheaper than other Hilton chain facilities and there is a reason. We especially like the homewood suites, very well appointed and large suite rooms, but I thought we would try Hilton's Hampton Inn hotel near Seattle center. This is convenient location especially if you are attending an event at the Seattle center or if you plan on visiting the EMP or Space Needle. But the Hampton Inn is no Homewood Suites. This may in part be due to the location, a little more sketchy, but is more due to Hilton not putting the attention into the Hamptons as they do into Homewoods. There were a number of maintenance blemishes through out the facility, the morning breakfast is little less nice, the rooms smaller but the bigest thing (and I know this may not matter to many people), there High Definition TVs do not show high definition. Homewood Suites has HD but Hampton does not.

I asked about this and the front desk said they were working on it. I mention this because My wife and I are Oregon Duck fans/graduate (and you are wondering how my son ended up a Husky; sometimes the apple falls from the tree and fall down a cliff, but I still love him despite what bad choices he makes). We wanted to watch the Arizona v. Oregon basketball game and I expected the same quality of service from Hampton as was given at Homewood. Instead we watched these small undesipherable characters throughing around a brick. I know, we should of gone to a sports bar, but wearing green and yellow in a purple city is not the most popular thing to do (although I do it anyway especially on campus).

So the bottom line is, it is a very adequate facility, may be very convenient depending on your planned Seattle activities, but don't plan on watching important sports contests in your hotel room.

Room Tip: Get an inside room away from the West street side. The Lake Union side may be nice, but we did not...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family